Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2018, 01:15:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice updates - Semi-final edition  (Read 3307 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2018, 05:37:42 PM »

My preference is to field Knox, but if it means he would be playing the game while missing a couple gears I'm happy to know Wild is next up. Not a huge drop-off, nothing I would expect the Riders could exploit with any significant level of success.  

My biggest concern with the Riders O is their running game, with Cameron Marshall and Marcus Thigpen they've got two good RB's with diverse talent and they will be relying on the run heavily to protect Collaros from being sacked.  Wild is better defending against the run than he is in pass coverage.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2018, 05:38:47 PM »

Ed Tait

@EdTaitWFC
 1m1 minute ago
More
Marcus Sayles is practising today for the #Bombers. Jovan Santos-Knox is not
Blue In BC

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2018, 05:40:01 PM »

Ed Tait

@EdTaitWFC
 1m1 minute ago
More
Marcus Sayles is practising today for the #Bombers. Jovan Santos-Knox is not

That helps the secondary but not the LB's at the moment. He might still be able to play but it's looking doubtful. One practice left tomorrow.

No more excuses.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2018, 05:46:49 PM »

@DarrinBauming
Near-deafening crowd noise being pumped-in at #Bombers practice this afternoon, preparing for the unfriendly confines of Mosaic Stadium on Sunday. Ian Wild remains the weakside linebacker with the No.1s. Marcus Sayles is back at it after missing Wednesday?s practice.
Norm W

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2018, 06:13:15 PM »

Not having a problem with this news... Wild is smart, he will get to the ball, Bighill has his back... he'll play clean-up and pad his tackle stats Smiley

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2018, 06:44:05 PM »

Not having a problem with this news... Wild is smart, he will get to the ball, Bighill has his back... he'll play clean-up and pad his tackle stats Smiley

If I recall correctly before JSK started and Wild played WIL they would often bring Briggs in on obvious passing downs.
booch

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2018, 08:22:04 PM »

where as now they can bring in Fenner...I'm not too worried with Wild being in there...I bet the presence of Bighill elevates Wild's game as well...not sure where people say Wild has losta step either...he hasn't..most 28 year olds in his shape...and heavy into the yoga don't lose their speed and quickness all of a sudden like that...Knox runs a 48 forty..Wild a high 4.5's
sweep the leg

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2018, 08:35:40 PM »

where as now they can bring in Fenner...I'm not too worried with Wild being in there...I bet the presence of Bighill elevates Wild's game as well...not sure where people say Wild has losta step either...he hasn't..most 28 year olds in his shape...and heavy into the yoga don't lose their speed and quickness all of a sudden like that...Knox runs a 48 forty..Wild a high 4.5's

Or at least he used to six years ago in college.
kkc60

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2018, 08:37:25 PM »

Yeah 40s are inaccurate as is, especially after several years
booch

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2018, 09:13:11 PM »

Yeah 40s are inaccurate as is, especially after several years

From college to late 20's for the most part they are very consistent save for a bad knee or back injury...and combine times are very accurate...not sure what you are talking about....In case you fail to remember...or didn't know, I work at combines and development and recruitment camps in the U.S as well as with strength and conditioning camps...so have a very good knowledge of times..measurables..effects on player age and use..etc...etc....
Tehedra

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2018, 10:27:06 PM »

The issue with Wild is he hasn't appeared to be nearly as effective as he once was ever since his last major injury.  Hence why some are stating that he has lost a step; because if he hasn't; then he has lost something.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2018, 10:37:29 PM »

Is Fenner an option to slide into JSK's spot instead of Wild?
Blue In BC

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2018, 10:41:25 PM »

Is Fenner an option to slide into JSK's spot instead of Wild?

He's 205 lbs compared to JSK @ 233 lbs. Wild, Wilson and Briggs are all around 213 lbs. Fenner can cover but the reduced weight might be a problem on stopping RB's.

Not sure if he's seen any work at WIL or how he's done. The thing about JSK is that he's a big hitter and opponents will hear footsteps so to speak.

No more excuses.
DM83

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2018, 11:26:05 PM »

Wild is too slow.  JSK flew around to the ball and that creates Cosmo for the offence. Plus if he wasn't the first guy, he'd be the second. Guy making contact.  Wild provides nine of that.Sorry.  Plus God help us if he has to cover a back out of the backfield.

I think this will be a repeat of the Banjo Bowl for our offence.
A speedy defence will stifle us.

Plus we have Fogg whose play will result in 2 TDs against, one. Directly, and one giving up big plays.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2018, 11:44:05 PM »

Wild is too slow.  JSK flew around to the ball and that creates Cosmo for the offence. Plus if he wasn't the first guy, he'd be the second. Guy making contact.  Wild provides nine of that.Sorry.  Plus God help us if he has to cover a back out of the backfield.

I think this will be a repeat of the Banjo Bowl for our offence.
A speedy defence will stifle us.

Plus we have Fogg whose play will result in 2 TDs against, one. Directly, and one giving up big plays.
thanks for coming out DM. A real pleasure!  Roll Eyes

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: