Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:20:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice updates - Semi-final edition  (Read 2952 times)
GCn18

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2018, 04:59:42 AM »

Wild is too slow.  JSK flew around to the ball and that creates Cosmo for the offence. Plus if he wasn't the first guy, he'd be the second. Guy making contact.  Wild provides nine of that.Sorry.  Plus God help us if he has to cover a back out of the backfield.

I think this will be a repeat of the Banjo Bowl for our offence.
A speedy defence will stifle us.

Plus we have Fogg whose play will result in 2 TDs against, one. Directly, and one giving up big plays.

lol...

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2018, 05:20:11 PM »

Not hearing much as far as updates. We have 5 players on the 1 game IR and I assume all will be playing this weekend. Conteh might be the only one that doesn't play but he's the only non starter in that mix. He might also be the only one that is actually injured as opposed to the others put on the 1 game IR in the paper shuffle to get PR guys playing time last week.

In theory that should mean a lot of transactions to re-set the roster from the AR, IR and PR.

The biggest question / concern is whether JSK can play although haven't heard much / enough about Sayles or Alexander's status.

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2018, 05:24:40 PM »

Not hearing much as far as updates. We have 5 players on the 1 game IR and I assume all will be playing this weekend. Conteh might be the only one that doesn't play but he's the only non starter in that mix. He might also be the only one that is actually injured as opposed to the others put on the 1 game IR in the paper shuffle to get PR guys playing time last week.

In theory that should mean a lot of transactions to re-set the roster from the AR, IR and PR.

The biggest question / concern is whether JSK can play although haven't heard much / enough about Sayles or Alexander's status.
I heard Sayles and Alexander are ready to go.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Blue In BC

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2018, 05:34:39 PM »

I heard Sayles and Alexander are ready to go.

I'm not sure that Alexander was even injured. I thought that they just wanted to get a look at Humes and " protect " a starter from injury last week.

I heard Sayles was practicing but also that Humes was still getting a lot of reps. What that means was less clear although I am expecting to see Sayles starting. How close he is to 100% is really the question. He's a big hitter and we need that in this game.

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2018, 07:23:18 PM »

I'm not sure that Alexander was even injured. I thought that they just wanted to get a look at Humes and " protect " a starter from injury last week.

I heard Sayles was practicing but also that Humes was still getting a lot of reps. What that means was less clear although I am expecting to see Sayles starting. How close he is to 100% is really the question. He's a big hitter and we need that in this game.
Humes impressed me in Edm. He lates the lumber a few times.

Norm W

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2018, 07:35:43 PM »

He lates the lumber a few times.

Into the Pilsner already! I like your style...

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
Blue In BC

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2018, 07:37:43 PM »

Humes impressed me in Edm. He lates the lumber a few times.

I was impressed by Humes in his 1st game. That said we were playing a pretty soft and vanilla game plan. We gave up nearly 500 yards and something like 27 1st downs in the 1st half or was it 3 quarters?

Obviously that was because our offense only had 5 1st downs and not much in the way of TOP. Two big long TD passes and a few big runs to score. With about 12 minutes left in the game the score was 30 - 10. Scoring late to make it close was deceptive.

None of this was on Humes but just an indication we were not playing an aggressive game plan with so many starters not playing.

I'd expect Humes to be invited to TC 2019. I'm not confidant that he's ready to replace Sayles if they decide Sayles is not quite ready. Not like we'd really have too many other choices although been wondering all year about Fenner seeing the field more??

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2018, 11:37:02 PM »

I see Augustine was moved back to the PR. I find that a bit surprising after his performance against Edmonton. LaFrance hasn't had much of an opportunity to get many reps during the season but Augustine has showed well in limited reps.

Regardless it was the only transaction listed today. Should be lots of movement tomorrow as the 1 game IR players are moved back to the 44AR.

No more excuses.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2018, 05:18:19 AM »

Wild is too slow.  JSK flew around to the ball and that creates Cosmo for the offence. Plus if he wasn't the first guy, he'd be the second. Guy making contact.  Wild provides nine of that.Sorry.  Plus God help us if he has to cover a back out of the backfield.

I think this will be a repeat of the Banjo Bowl for our offence.
A speedy defence will stifle us.

Plus we have Fogg whose play will result in 2 TDs against, one. Directly, and one giving up big plays.

it's nice to know that the doom day scenarios are still being thrown about on the forum LOL

Our offense will be at least average.  Their D will play well and be a challenge.  Fogg could get burnt sure but it's not a given.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:22:19 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2018, 05:50:46 AM »

The Nov 8 & 9 interviews on the site reveal some pretty interesting drive and determination on the part of all the players, and coaches.  I've never seen MOS and Harris so fired up.  The last 2 years' WSFs they weren't nearly as hungry.  There's just something different about their attitude this year.  Losing is not an option.  They know the time to strike is now.  They know they are a legit team that can beat any of the foes in their way.

If hunger and the will to win affects the outcome of games, and I think it does, there is no way SSK out-hungers us on Sunday.  Our crew has been together for years (most of them), gelled as gelly as it is possible to gel, and they go into Mosaic as a band of brothers into war combat.  The ragtag raggamuffin mercenary hodgepodge that is SSK will not prevail.

I'll throw something else out there: I don't think the refs will screw us over.  I think the league would be happy to see WPG go all the way this year.  There's no pressure on them to placate SSK like there has been in the past.  I bet we get Bradbury (probably) or Foxcroft or Murphy.  I know it's "random", but I just have a feeling.  Heck, they might even call holding on SSK OL and ST once in a while, but I won't hold my breath.  Cheesy
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2018, 07:46:28 AM »

Winnipeg's Grey Cup drought is over....if we win on Sunday we will go all the way.   The team has good balance and we simply need to protect the rock....we've got,this if we play Bomber 🏈
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:30:59 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2018, 11:41:46 AM »

The Nov 8 & 9 interviews on the site reveal some pretty interesting drive and determination on the part of all the players, and coaches.  I've never seen MOS and Harris so fired up.  The last 2 years' WSFs they weren't nearly as hungry.  There's just something different about their attitude this year.  Losing is not an option.  They know the time to strike is now.  They know they are a legit team that can beat any of the foes in their way.

If hunger and the will to win affects the outcome of games, and I think it does, there is no way SSK out-hungers us on Sunday.  Our crew has been together for years (most of them), gelled as gelly as it is possible to gel, and they go into Mosaic as a band of brothers into war combat.  The ragtag raggamuffin mercenary hodgepodge that is SSK will not prevail.

I'll throw something else out there: I don't think the refs will screw us over.  I think the league would be happy to see WPG go all the way this year.  There's no pressure on them to placate SSK like there has been in the past.  I bet we get Bradbury (probably) or Foxcroft or Murphy.  I know it's "random", but I just have a feeling.  Heck, they might even call holding on SSK OL and ST once in a while, but I won't hold my breath.  Cheesy

Well said Tecno you got me all pumped up now on the morning of heading on down there. Love your description of the Riders as they are now. They sure as heck are the bunch of dudes off the street in there.

TBURGESS

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2018, 02:35:00 PM »

Both teams have drive, determination and a will to win. They both know it's now or never. The Riders have a team of players who know what it takes to win a playoff game. The only winning playoff experience our players have is from other teams.

Being right never gets old.
Leroy

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2018, 03:15:33 PM »

Both teams have drive, determination and a will to win. They both know it's now or never. The Riders have a team of players who know what it takes to win a playoff game. The only winning playoff experience our players have is from other teams.

Irrelevant.

In the CFL you go from missing the playoffs to winning the Grey Cup in one year.

Them swimming a lap in the playoff kiddie pool means less than nothing.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 03:33:42 PM by Leroy » Logged
Pigskin

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2018, 04:09:27 PM »

Turnovers will be the key. The Riders kick return return game is better then ours, however we have a better passing game. Should a good game.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: