Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 07:22:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice updates - Semi-final edition  (Read 2958 times)
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 12:07:28 AM »

Wild can fill in just fine.  Decline sure but people are being too hard on him.  He's got a game or two left in the tank.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
rubanski

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 12:55:23 AM »

Wild can fill in just fine.  Decline sure but people are being too hard on him.  He's got a game or two left in the tank.

Wild can fill in fine against SK. Not sure I agree if it's a competent offence.
Blue In BC

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2018, 02:38:43 AM »

Which players on the injured list do you figure the Riders are hiding to pad their roster?

I can't specifically define that. However they seemed to rotate in a bunch of players every game off the IR. That both built depth and prevented burnout on the roster. In effect it seemed like an expanded roster from game 1.

No more excuses.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2018, 04:13:40 AM »

Wild can fill in fine against SK. Not sure I agree if it's a competent offence.

Wild has a good nose for the ball, and is a big, solid presence.  However, he's horrible at wrapping up this year.  He is letting so many people escape.  He really needs to get a grip and seal the deal -- even if he can hold them for just a little bit until help arrives.  He can't just let them slip through like he has: especially against SSK's good run game!!

I think Biggie will orchestrate any compensation required for the drop-off at WIL with JSK out.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2018, 04:16:41 AM »

Wild has a good nose for the ball, and is a big, solid presence.  However, he's horrible at wrapping up this year.  He is letting so many people escape.  He really needs to get a grip and seal the deal -- even if he can hold them for just a little bit until help arrives.  He can't just let them slip through like he has: especially against SSK's good run game!!

I think Biggie will orchestrate any compensation required for the drop-off at WIL with JSK out.

god I hope so! Completely agree with the issues Wild has Wrapping up. He has really had that problem for at least the last 2 regular seasons.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
DM83

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2018, 05:06:26 AM »

Wild was done a while ago. Should retire at end of season.  My favourite player is so close to being done.

Bimbers will have a problem moving the ball with lots and lots of two and outs.
Blue In BC

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2018, 02:02:29 PM »

god I hope so! Completely agree with the issues Wild has Wrapping up. He has really had that problem for at least the last 2 regular seasons.

Not only that but he was the rotation LB and also was in some different defensive sets. That means either we don't use those formations or we add Wilson in for those roles. So it's two different changes in play.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2018, 02:05:26 PM »

Wild was done a while ago. Should retire at end of season.  My favourite player is so close to being done.

Bimbers will have a problem moving the ball with lots and lots of two and outs.
Why...we moved ball against them fairly well in all 3 games...why would it change now?
WpgGuyInToronto

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2018, 02:05:49 PM »

No JSK oh man  Sad

#1 Bomber fan in Tdot
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2018, 04:44:07 PM »

I don't see Wild letting the team down by playing like Hurl, he's been a defensive team leader for many years and I expect he will step up and embrace the opportunity to help lead the team into the playoffs beside Bighill.  This is probably his last year so it would be perfect if he could end his career on a high-note earning a G.C. ring.
Waffler

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2018, 05:01:47 PM »

I don't see Wild letting the team down by playing like Hurl, he's been a defensive team leader for many years and I expect he will step up and embrace the opportunity to help lead the team into the playoffs beside Bighill.  This is probably his last year so it would be perfect if he could end his career on a high-note earning a G.C. ring.
Agree. Wild will get by on smarts. Just being in the right spot and getting help.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

Fort Hew

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2018, 05:09:46 PM »

Why...we moved ball against them fairly well in all 3 games...why would it change now?

This. The issue with the LDC and BB games was ball security. Look what happened once that was cleaned up.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2018, 05:13:19 PM »

Losing Santos-Knox is bad but Wild is about as good a backup as you'll find in the CFL.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2018, 05:27:31 PM »

Losing Santos-Knox is bad but Wild is about as good a backup as you'll find in the CFL.

Unless he?s injured by the 2nd quarter.
Norm W

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2018, 05:28:59 PM »

My preference is to field Knox, but if it means he would be playing the game while missing a couple gears I'm happy to know Wild is next up. Not a huge drop-off, nothing I would expect the Riders could exploit with any significant level of success.  

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: