Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:22:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice updates - Semi-final edition  (Read 2955 times)
trapper

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 07:45:40 PM »

Play-off head-games... Gets Cameron Marshall licking his lips and the OC thinking run game is available. Game day... No boot, Sayles and Knox are bringing the lumber!

Umm....I'll give ya some trade secrets here....the Riders are going to go hard on the run game whomever is playing on defense....
Waffler

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 08:00:15 PM »

Umm....I'll give ya some trade secrets here....the Riders are going to go hard on the run game whomever is playing on defense....
They would be crazy to think they are beating us with Marshall and or Thigpen. I HOPE that is their game plan.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 08:01:14 PM »

Umm....I'll give ya some trade secrets here....

Wouldn't the trade secret be to run to what you believe might be the soft spot?

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
Tehedra

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 08:03:03 PM »

What my concern is; is how did Santos Knox get injured he didn't even play in the last game did he?  I mean, I thought we let him rest so that we wouldn't have injuries this game and it appears we ended up getting hit with injuries to two important positions in our defense which needs to have an outstanding outing.  Very concerning going into the playoff game down either of those two players.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 08:20:26 PM »

We get injuries to important players and Sask gets injured players healthy. Typical way it goes!
Blue In BC

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 08:21:47 PM »

We get injuries to important players and Sask gets injured players healthy. Typical way it goes!

Riders have 20 players on their IR lists. Not a big surprise some of them were only there as part of their padded roster.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 08:26:18 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2018, 08:29:22 PM »

What my concern is; is how did Santos Knox get injured he didn't even play in the last game did he?  I mean, I thought we let him rest so that we wouldn't have injuries this game and it appears we ended up getting hit with injuries to two important positions in our defense which needs to have an outstanding outing.  Very concerning going into the playoff game down either of those two players.

He played in the 1st Quarter and had a couple of DT's. I think I saw him limp off the field at one point. How serious that was I don't know.

Hopefully he can play. If not I guess we'll see Wild at WIL and Wilson in as a DI. Big blow all around.

No more excuses.
the paw

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2018, 08:36:30 PM »

Wild has played at a very high level for us.  While its true that Santos-Knox passed him on the depth chart, and that Wild has durability issues, as a short term replacement starter we could not ask for better.  He will bring the wood, pursue hard, and make plays. 

grab grass 'n growl
TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2018, 08:41:12 PM »

Did anyone see if Randle and Streveler were practising hard?  It would ease my mind knowing their @EDM ankle mishaps were nothing.
Blue In BC

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2018, 09:13:44 PM »

That's the downside of starters playing in last weeks game. There aren't enough back ups / PR players to cover all 24 starters and still play any sort of competitive game.

Add to that the effort to sustain continuity. It's a no win situation for a coach no matter how it goes.

No more excuses.
trapper

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2018, 09:15:46 PM »

Riders have 20 players on their IR lists. Not a big surprise some of them were only there as part of their padded roster.

Which players on the injured list do you figure the Riders are hiding to pad their roster?
Jesse

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2018, 09:21:57 PM »

A walking boot always looks worse than what it is. The fact MOS is saying he will wait and see is encouraging imo.

I agree. Walking boots can be used as precautionary measures to avoid aggravating an injury.

My wife is amazing!
booch

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2018, 09:40:52 PM »

Did anyone see if Randle and Streveler were practising hard?  It would ease my mind knowing their @EDM ankle mishaps were nothing.

According to Randle he fell on a guys foot with his guy and got wind knocked out of him...he's fine
RebusRankin

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2018, 11:01:58 PM »

Wild has played at a very high level for us.  While its true that Santos-Knox passed him on the depth chart, and that Wild has durability issues, as a short term replacement starter we could not ask for better.  He will bring the wood, pursue hard, and make plays. 

Not this year.
bluebeard

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2018, 11:37:39 PM »

Not worried about our defense going against Riders offense ? Calgary is a different story.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: