Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:21:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice updates - Semi-final edition  (Read 2953 times)
gobombersgo

« on: November 07, 2018, 07:28:11 AM »

Practice Schedule

WINNIPEG, MB - The following is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers media schedule for November 7-11, 2018.  ***All practices are at Investors Group Field, unless otherwise stated. Media are asked to enter through the Bomber Store. A designated seating area will be assigned for members of the media. Please note, Investors Group Field will open for the public and members of the media ten minutes prior to the scheduled practice time. All photos and video must be taken from field level***

Wednesday, November 7
Practice: 11:40 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Cameras can record practice from 11:40 a.m.-12noon.

Thursday, November 8 (assistant coaches available)
Practice: 11:55 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Cameras can record practice from 11:55 a.m.-12:15 p.m.

Friday, November 9 (quarterbacks not available)
Closed practice. Media are asked to please send player requests to dcameron@bluebombers.com prior to 12:30p.m. and can meet in Bomber Store at 1:20 p.m. to be brought down to the locker room for player availability. Coach O'Shea availability to follow.

Saturday, November 10
Travel to Regina
 The following Blue Bombers will be available to media at Mosaic Stadium at 3:30 p.m. (local): Head Coach: Mike O'Shea. Players:  Matt Nichols, Andrew Harris, Adam Bighill, Weston Dressler, Stanley Bryant, Jackson Jeffcoat.

Sunday, November 11
WESTERN SEMI-FINAL
 Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Saskatchewan Roughriders, 3:30 p.m., Mosaic Stadium, Regina, SK
 TV: TSN, ESPN2
 Radio: 680 CJOB
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 09:43:42 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

gobombersgo

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 06:40:20 PM »

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
The #Bombers are back to work today in preparation for Sunday's WSF in Regina. Taylor Loffler is back at safety, but no sign of Jovan Santos-Knox

Murray McCormick   @murraylp
Zach is back with #riders. No. 1 QB confused us because initially he was wearing a jersey without a number. But he's here for a snowy, cold practice

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
Crowd noise being pumped in again at #Bombers practice to be ready for the loud crowd at Mosaic in Regina on Sunday.

Murray McCormick   @murraylp
DT Cory Johnson and QB Drew Tate are at #riders practice. Absent is PK Brett Lauther and WR Shaq Evans. More of an update after practice  BTW: Dan Clark is on the field.

Ted Wyman   @Ted_Wyman
#Bombers linebacker Jovan Santos-Knox was reportedly just seen in the parking lot at IGF wearing a walking boot. That is not a good sign with #CFL playoff game against #Riders just days away

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Is the #Bombers defence banged-up? Ian Wild is in for Jovan Santos-Knox, and Chris Humes is in for Marcus Sayles at practice today. It is Day 1, so we'll have to wait and see.

I have more details on CFL:60 tonight from 6-7pm on @TSN1290Radio.

blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 06:46:00 PM »

Sure hope JSK and Sayles are ok Sad

It?s a good thing we have Wild to back up, and that Humes got the reps last week.
fansince79

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 06:57:06 PM »

Sure hope JSK and Sayles are ok Sad

It?s a good thing we have Wild to back up, and that Humes got the reps last week.

Please no to Wild. He is painfully slow now. Definetly lost a step. Or 2 IMO.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 07:04:06 PM »

Urgh. Santos-Knox down is a big blow.
GCn18

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 07:13:00 PM »

Urgh. Santos-Knox down is a big blow.

IF he is out it would be. Trainers like to throw the walking boot on any level of injury just to be safe. I remember one of our players being in a walking boot 24 hours before the game last year and he played.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 07:13:17 PM »

Yup no JSK or Sayles is a big blow to our defense. If JSK is in a walking boot today there?s no way he?s playing this weekend or anytime soon.
GCn18

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 07:13:53 PM »

Please no to Wild. He is painfully slow now. Definetly lost a step. Or 2 IMO.

Wild is better than a raw rookie. He's a vet who can still play well when required.

Leroy

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 07:22:33 PM »

Yup no JSK or Sayles is a big blow to our defense. If JSK is in a walking boot today there?s no way he?s playing this weekend or anytime soon.

Definitely not a fact.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 07:26:32 PM »

IF he is out it would be. Trainers like to throw the walking boot on any level of injury just to be safe. I remember one of our players being in a walking boot 24 hours before the game last year and he played.

You're right! Fingers crossed! Not the news I was hoping for though.
gobombersgo

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 07:34:31 PM »

Ted Wyman   @Ted_Wyman
Sure sounds like Jovan Santos-Knox is doubtful for Sunday's playoff game in Regina. #Bombers coach Mike O'Shea said he'll give him to the last minute to be available but with him in a walking boot on Wednesday it doesn't look good. #CFL #RIders

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
O'Shea says Sayles should be fine. As far as Santos-Knox, O'Shea wants to wait as long  as possible to give him a chance to be able to play Sunday. However, visuals do not appear favourable.

GCn18

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 07:36:24 PM »

A walking boot always looks worse than what it is. The fact MOS is saying he will wait and see is encouraging imo.

gobombersgo

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 07:37:29 PM »

Taylor Shire   @TShireGlobal
Chris Jones says Zach Collaros passed the concussion protocol days ago & should be fine to play Sunday if all goes well this week. #CFL

Taylor Shire   @TShireGlobal
Jones also says Marcus Thigpen & Cameron Marshall will be the rotating running backs on Sunday. #Riders #CFL

Leroy

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 07:38:26 PM »

He is probably out for at least this week.

I would like to see Humes starting over Fogg.

Now cue Fogg's 2 pick game with one taken to the house.
Norm W

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 07:39:52 PM »

Play-off head-games... Gets Cameron Marshall licking his lips and the OC thinking run game is available. Game day... No boot, Sayles and Knox are bringing the lumber!

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
trapper

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 07:45:40 PM »

Play-off head-games... Gets Cameron Marshall licking his lips and the OC thinking run game is available. Game day... No boot, Sayles and Knox are bringing the lumber!

Umm....I'll give ya some trade secrets here....the Riders are going to go hard on the run game whomever is playing on defense....
Waffler

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 08:00:15 PM »

Umm....I'll give ya some trade secrets here....the Riders are going to go hard on the run game whomever is playing on defense....
They would be crazy to think they are beating us with Marshall and or Thigpen. I HOPE that is their game plan.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 08:01:14 PM »

Umm....I'll give ya some trade secrets here....

Wouldn't the trade secret be to run to what you believe might be the soft spot?

Tehedra

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 08:03:03 PM »

What my concern is; is how did Santos Knox get injured he didn't even play in the last game did he?  I mean, I thought we let him rest so that we wouldn't have injuries this game and it appears we ended up getting hit with injuries to two important positions in our defense which needs to have an outstanding outing.  Very concerning going into the playoff game down either of those two players.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 08:20:26 PM »

We get injuries to important players and Sask gets injured players healthy. Typical way it goes!
Blue In BC

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 08:21:47 PM »

We get injuries to important players and Sask gets injured players healthy. Typical way it goes!

Riders have 20 players on their IR lists. Not a big surprise some of them were only there as part of their padded roster.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 08:26:18 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2018, 08:29:22 PM »

What my concern is; is how did Santos Knox get injured he didn't even play in the last game did he?  I mean, I thought we let him rest so that we wouldn't have injuries this game and it appears we ended up getting hit with injuries to two important positions in our defense which needs to have an outstanding outing.  Very concerning going into the playoff game down either of those two players.

He played in the 1st Quarter and had a couple of DT's. I think I saw him limp off the field at one point. How serious that was I don't know.

Hopefully he can play. If not I guess we'll see Wild at WIL and Wilson in as a DI. Big blow all around.

No more excuses.
the paw

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2018, 08:36:30 PM »

Wild has played at a very high level for us.  While its true that Santos-Knox passed him on the depth chart, and that Wild has durability issues, as a short term replacement starter we could not ask for better.  He will bring the wood, pursue hard, and make plays. 

grab grass 'n growl
TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2018, 08:41:12 PM »

Did anyone see if Randle and Streveler were practising hard?  It would ease my mind knowing their @EDM ankle mishaps were nothing.
Blue In BC

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2018, 09:13:44 PM »

That's the downside of starters playing in last weeks game. There aren't enough back ups / PR players to cover all 24 starters and still play any sort of competitive game.

Add to that the effort to sustain continuity. It's a no win situation for a coach no matter how it goes.

No more excuses.
trapper

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2018, 09:15:46 PM »

Riders have 20 players on their IR lists. Not a big surprise some of them were only there as part of their padded roster.

Which players on the injured list do you figure the Riders are hiding to pad their roster?
Jesse

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2018, 09:21:57 PM »

A walking boot always looks worse than what it is. The fact MOS is saying he will wait and see is encouraging imo.

I agree. Walking boots can be used as precautionary measures to avoid aggravating an injury.

My wife is amazing!
booch

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2018, 09:40:52 PM »

Did anyone see if Randle and Streveler were practising hard?  It would ease my mind knowing their @EDM ankle mishaps were nothing.

According to Randle he fell on a guys foot with his guy and got wind knocked out of him...he's fine
RebusRankin

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2018, 11:01:58 PM »

Wild has played at a very high level for us.  While its true that Santos-Knox passed him on the depth chart, and that Wild has durability issues, as a short term replacement starter we could not ask for better.  He will bring the wood, pursue hard, and make plays. 

Not this year.
bluebeard

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2018, 11:37:39 PM »

Not worried about our defense going against Riders offense ? Calgary is a different story.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 12:07:28 AM »

Wild can fill in just fine.  Decline sure but people are being too hard on him.  He's got a game or two left in the tank.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
rubanski

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 12:55:23 AM »

Wild can fill in just fine.  Decline sure but people are being too hard on him.  He's got a game or two left in the tank.

Wild can fill in fine against SK. Not sure I agree if it's a competent offence.
Blue In BC

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2018, 02:38:43 AM »

Which players on the injured list do you figure the Riders are hiding to pad their roster?

I can't specifically define that. However they seemed to rotate in a bunch of players every game off the IR. That both built depth and prevented burnout on the roster. In effect it seemed like an expanded roster from game 1.

No more excuses.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2018, 04:13:40 AM »

Wild can fill in fine against SK. Not sure I agree if it's a competent offence.

Wild has a good nose for the ball, and is a big, solid presence.  However, he's horrible at wrapping up this year.  He is letting so many people escape.  He really needs to get a grip and seal the deal -- even if he can hold them for just a little bit until help arrives.  He can't just let them slip through like he has: especially against SSK's good run game!!

I think Biggie will orchestrate any compensation required for the drop-off at WIL with JSK out.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2018, 04:16:41 AM »

Wild has a good nose for the ball, and is a big, solid presence.  However, he's horrible at wrapping up this year.  He is letting so many people escape.  He really needs to get a grip and seal the deal -- even if he can hold them for just a little bit until help arrives.  He can't just let them slip through like he has: especially against SSK's good run game!!

I think Biggie will orchestrate any compensation required for the drop-off at WIL with JSK out.

god I hope so! Completely agree with the issues Wild has Wrapping up. He has really had that problem for at least the last 2 regular seasons.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
DM83

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2018, 05:06:26 AM »

Wild was done a while ago. Should retire at end of season.  My favourite player is so close to being done.

Bimbers will have a problem moving the ball with lots and lots of two and outs.
Blue In BC

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2018, 02:02:29 PM »

god I hope so! Completely agree with the issues Wild has Wrapping up. He has really had that problem for at least the last 2 regular seasons.

Not only that but he was the rotation LB and also was in some different defensive sets. That means either we don't use those formations or we add Wilson in for those roles. So it's two different changes in play.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2018, 02:05:26 PM »

Wild was done a while ago. Should retire at end of season.  My favourite player is so close to being done.

Bimbers will have a problem moving the ball with lots and lots of two and outs.
Why...we moved ball against them fairly well in all 3 games...why would it change now?
WpgGuyInToronto

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2018, 02:05:49 PM »

No JSK oh man  Sad

#1 Bomber fan in Tdot
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2018, 04:44:07 PM »

I don't see Wild letting the team down by playing like Hurl, he's been a defensive team leader for many years and I expect he will step up and embrace the opportunity to help lead the team into the playoffs beside Bighill.  This is probably his last year so it would be perfect if he could end his career on a high-note earning a G.C. ring.
Waffler

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2018, 05:01:47 PM »

I don't see Wild letting the team down by playing like Hurl, he's been a defensive team leader for many years and I expect he will step up and embrace the opportunity to help lead the team into the playoffs beside Bighill.  This is probably his last year so it would be perfect if he could end his career on a high-note earning a G.C. ring.
Agree. Wild will get by on smarts. Just being in the right spot and getting help.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

Fort Hew

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2018, 05:09:46 PM »

Why...we moved ball against them fairly well in all 3 games...why would it change now?

This. The issue with the LDC and BB games was ball security. Look what happened once that was cleaned up.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2018, 05:13:19 PM »

Losing Santos-Knox is bad but Wild is about as good a backup as you'll find in the CFL.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2018, 05:27:31 PM »

Losing Santos-Knox is bad but Wild is about as good a backup as you'll find in the CFL.

Unless he?s injured by the 2nd quarter.
Norm W

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2018, 05:28:59 PM »

My preference is to field Knox, but if it means he would be playing the game while missing a couple gears I'm happy to know Wild is next up. Not a huge drop-off, nothing I would expect the Riders could exploit with any significant level of success.  

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2018, 05:37:42 PM »

My preference is to field Knox, but if it means he would be playing the game while missing a couple gears I'm happy to know Wild is next up. Not a huge drop-off, nothing I would expect the Riders could exploit with any significant level of success.  

My biggest concern with the Riders O is their running game, with Cameron Marshall and Marcus Thigpen they've got two good RB's with diverse talent and they will be relying on the run heavily to protect Collaros from being sacked.  Wild is better defending against the run than he is in pass coverage.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2018, 05:38:47 PM »

Ed Tait

@EdTaitWFC
 1m1 minute ago
More
Marcus Sayles is practising today for the #Bombers. Jovan Santos-Knox is not
Blue In BC

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2018, 05:40:01 PM »

Ed Tait

@EdTaitWFC
 1m1 minute ago
More
Marcus Sayles is practising today for the #Bombers. Jovan Santos-Knox is not

That helps the secondary but not the LB's at the moment. He might still be able to play but it's looking doubtful. One practice left tomorrow.

No more excuses.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2018, 05:46:49 PM »

@DarrinBauming
Near-deafening crowd noise being pumped-in at #Bombers practice this afternoon, preparing for the unfriendly confines of Mosaic Stadium on Sunday. Ian Wild remains the weakside linebacker with the No.1s. Marcus Sayles is back at it after missing Wednesday?s practice.
Norm W

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2018, 06:13:15 PM »

Not having a problem with this news... Wild is smart, he will get to the ball, Bighill has his back... he'll play clean-up and pad his tackle stats Smiley

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2018, 06:44:05 PM »

Not having a problem with this news... Wild is smart, he will get to the ball, Bighill has his back... he'll play clean-up and pad his tackle stats Smiley

If I recall correctly before JSK started and Wild played WIL they would often bring Briggs in on obvious passing downs.
booch

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2018, 08:22:04 PM »

where as now they can bring in Fenner...I'm not too worried with Wild being in there...I bet the presence of Bighill elevates Wild's game as well...not sure where people say Wild has losta step either...he hasn't..most 28 year olds in his shape...and heavy into the yoga don't lose their speed and quickness all of a sudden like that...Knox runs a 48 forty..Wild a high 4.5's
sweep the leg

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2018, 08:35:40 PM »

where as now they can bring in Fenner...I'm not too worried with Wild being in there...I bet the presence of Bighill elevates Wild's game as well...not sure where people say Wild has losta step either...he hasn't..most 28 year olds in his shape...and heavy into the yoga don't lose their speed and quickness all of a sudden like that...Knox runs a 48 forty..Wild a high 4.5's

Or at least he used to six years ago in college.
kkc60

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2018, 08:37:25 PM »

Yeah 40s are inaccurate as is, especially after several years
booch

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2018, 09:13:11 PM »

Yeah 40s are inaccurate as is, especially after several years

From college to late 20's for the most part they are very consistent save for a bad knee or back injury...and combine times are very accurate...not sure what you are talking about....In case you fail to remember...or didn't know, I work at combines and development and recruitment camps in the U.S as well as with strength and conditioning camps...so have a very good knowledge of times..measurables..effects on player age and use..etc...etc....
Tehedra

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2018, 10:27:06 PM »

The issue with Wild is he hasn't appeared to be nearly as effective as he once was ever since his last major injury.  Hence why some are stating that he has lost a step; because if he hasn't; then he has lost something.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2018, 10:37:29 PM »

Is Fenner an option to slide into JSK's spot instead of Wild?
Blue In BC

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2018, 10:41:25 PM »

Is Fenner an option to slide into JSK's spot instead of Wild?

He's 205 lbs compared to JSK @ 233 lbs. Wild, Wilson and Briggs are all around 213 lbs. Fenner can cover but the reduced weight might be a problem on stopping RB's.

Not sure if he's seen any work at WIL or how he's done. The thing about JSK is that he's a big hitter and opponents will hear footsteps so to speak.

No more excuses.
DM83

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2018, 11:26:05 PM »

Wild is too slow.  JSK flew around to the ball and that creates Cosmo for the offence. Plus if he wasn't the first guy, he'd be the second. Guy making contact.  Wild provides nine of that.Sorry.  Plus God help us if he has to cover a back out of the backfield.

I think this will be a repeat of the Banjo Bowl for our offence.
A speedy defence will stifle us.

Plus we have Fogg whose play will result in 2 TDs against, one. Directly, and one giving up big plays.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2018, 11:44:05 PM »

Wild is too slow.  JSK flew around to the ball and that creates Cosmo for the offence. Plus if he wasn't the first guy, he'd be the second. Guy making contact.  Wild provides nine of that.Sorry.  Plus God help us if he has to cover a back out of the backfield.

Plus we have Fogg whose play will result in 2 TDs against, one. Directly, and one giving up big plays.
thanks for coming out DM. A real pleasure!  Roll Eyes

GCn18

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2018, 04:59:42 AM »

lol...

Blue In BC

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2018, 05:20:11 PM »

Not hearing much as far as updates. We have 5 players on the 1 game IR and I assume all will be playing this weekend. Conteh might be the only one that doesn't play but he's the only non starter in that mix. He might also be the only one that is actually injured as opposed to the others put on the 1 game IR in the paper shuffle to get PR guys playing time last week.

In theory that should mean a lot of transactions to re-set the roster from the AR, IR and PR.

The biggest question / concern is whether JSK can play although haven't heard much / enough about Sayles or Alexander's status.

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2018, 05:24:40 PM »

Not hearing much as far as updates. We have 5 players on the 1 game IR and I assume all will be playing this weekend. Conteh might be the only one that doesn't play but he's the only non starter in that mix. He might also be the only one that is actually injured as opposed to the others put on the 1 game IR in the paper shuffle to get PR guys playing time last week.

In theory that should mean a lot of transactions to re-set the roster from the AR, IR and PR.

The biggest question / concern is whether JSK can play although haven't heard much / enough about Sayles or Alexander's status.
I heard Sayles and Alexander are ready to go.

Blue In BC

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2018, 05:34:39 PM »

I heard Sayles and Alexander are ready to go.

I'm not sure that Alexander was even injured. I thought that they just wanted to get a look at Humes and " protect " a starter from injury last week.

I heard Sayles was practicing but also that Humes was still getting a lot of reps. What that means was less clear although I am expecting to see Sayles starting. How close he is to 100% is really the question. He's a big hitter and we need that in this game.

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2018, 07:23:18 PM »

I'm not sure that Alexander was even injured. I thought that they just wanted to get a look at Humes and " protect " a starter from injury last week.

I heard Sayles was practicing but also that Humes was still getting a lot of reps. What that means was less clear although I am expecting to see Sayles starting. How close he is to 100% is really the question. He's a big hitter and we need that in this game.
Humes impressed me in Edm. He lates the lumber a few times.

Norm W

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2018, 07:35:43 PM »

He lates the lumber a few times.

Into the Pilsner already! I like your style...

Blue In BC

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2018, 07:37:43 PM »

Humes impressed me in Edm. He lates the lumber a few times.

I was impressed by Humes in his 1st game. That said we were playing a pretty soft and vanilla game plan. We gave up nearly 500 yards and something like 27 1st downs in the 1st half or was it 3 quarters?

Obviously that was because our offense only had 5 1st downs and not much in the way of TOP. Two big long TD passes and a few big runs to score. With about 12 minutes left in the game the score was 30 - 10. Scoring late to make it close was deceptive.

None of this was on Humes but just an indication we were not playing an aggressive game plan with so many starters not playing.

I'd expect Humes to be invited to TC 2019. I'm not confidant that he's ready to replace Sayles if they decide Sayles is not quite ready. Not like we'd really have too many other choices although been wondering all year about Fenner seeing the field more??

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2018, 11:37:02 PM »

I see Augustine was moved back to the PR. I find that a bit surprising after his performance against Edmonton. LaFrance hasn't had much of an opportunity to get many reps during the season but Augustine has showed well in limited reps.

Regardless it was the only transaction listed today. Should be lots of movement tomorrow as the 1 game IR players are moved back to the 44AR.

No more excuses.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2018, 05:18:19 AM »

it's nice to know that the doom day scenarios are still being thrown about on the forum LOL

Our offense will be at least average.  Their D will play well and be a challenge.  Fogg could get burnt sure but it's not a given.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:22:19 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2018, 05:50:46 AM »

The Nov 8 & 9 interviews on the site reveal some pretty interesting drive and determination on the part of all the players, and coaches.  I've never seen MOS and Harris so fired up.  The last 2 years' WSFs they weren't nearly as hungry.  There's just something different about their attitude this year.  Losing is not an option.  They know the time to strike is now.  They know they are a legit team that can beat any of the foes in their way.

If hunger and the will to win affects the outcome of games, and I think it does, there is no way SSK out-hungers us on Sunday.  Our crew has been together for years (most of them), gelled as gelly as it is possible to gel, and they go into Mosaic as a band of brothers into war combat.  The ragtag raggamuffin mercenary hodgepodge that is SSK will not prevail.

I'll throw something else out there: I don't think the refs will screw us over.  I think the league would be happy to see WPG go all the way this year.  There's no pressure on them to placate SSK like there has been in the past.  I bet we get Bradbury (probably) or Foxcroft or Murphy.  I know it's "random", but I just have a feeling.  Heck, they might even call holding on SSK OL and ST once in a while, but I won't hold my breath.  Cheesy
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2018, 07:46:28 AM »

Winnipeg's Grey Cup drought is over....if we win on Sunday we will go all the way.   The team has good balance and we simply need to protect the rock....we've got,this if we play Bomber 🏈
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:30:59 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2018, 11:41:46 AM »

The Nov 8 & 9 interviews on the site reveal some pretty interesting drive and determination on the part of all the players, and coaches.  I've never seen MOS and Harris so fired up.  The last 2 years' WSFs they weren't nearly as hungry.  There's just something different about their attitude this year.  Losing is not an option.  They know the time to strike is now.  They know they are a legit team that can beat any of the foes in their way.

If hunger and the will to win affects the outcome of games, and I think it does, there is no way SSK out-hungers us on Sunday.  Our crew has been together for years (most of them), gelled as gelly as it is possible to gel, and they go into Mosaic as a band of brothers into war combat.  The ragtag raggamuffin mercenary hodgepodge that is SSK will not prevail.

I'll throw something else out there: I don't think the refs will screw us over.  I think the league would be happy to see WPG go all the way this year.  There's no pressure on them to placate SSK like there has been in the past.  I bet we get Bradbury (probably) or Foxcroft or Murphy.  I know it's "random", but I just have a feeling.  Heck, they might even call holding on SSK OL and ST once in a while, but I won't hold my breath.  Cheesy

Well said Tecno you got me all pumped up now on the morning of heading on down there. Love your description of the Riders as they are now. They sure as heck are the bunch of dudes off the street in there.

TBURGESS

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2018, 02:35:00 PM »

Both teams have drive, determination and a will to win. They both know it's now or never. The Riders have a team of players who know what it takes to win a playoff game. The only winning playoff experience our players have is from other teams.

Being right never gets old.
Leroy

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2018, 03:15:33 PM »

Both teams have drive, determination and a will to win. They both know it's now or never. The Riders have a team of players who know what it takes to win a playoff game. The only winning playoff experience our players have is from other teams.

Irrelevant.

In the CFL you go from missing the playoffs to winning the Grey Cup in one year.

Them swimming a lap in the playoff kiddie pool means less than nothing.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 03:33:42 PM by Leroy » Logged
Pigskin

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2018, 04:09:27 PM »

Turnovers will be the key. The Riders kick return return game is better then ours, however we have a better passing game. Should a good game.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2018, 04:42:01 PM »

It's time we shake the Rider Playoff 🐵 off our backs.....we can do it!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2018, 05:51:09 PM »

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2018, 04:40:02 AM »

How many of SSK's star players were with them last year?  Someone should do a count.  Stars and then whole team.

Stars with SSK last year?

Collaros?  nope
Hughes?  nope
Marshall?  nope
Poop?  nope
Williams-Lambert?  nope

Hurl? nope  Wink Wink Wink Grin Grin

Even Thigpen was only a late addition last year, right?  The only real stars who were there last year are Jefferson, Gainey, and Roosevelt.  Forgive me if I forgot a couple, I don't specialize in SSK rosters.

Our team is way more of a t.e.a.m. than SSK.  Jones is too fast & loose with his roster and his (cough cough) team will suffer for it.  They go into battle for themselves, not for each other.  Only Winnipeg plays for the W!

theaardvark

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2018, 04:21:32 PM »

How many of SSK's star players were with them last year?  Someone should do a count.  Stars and then whole team.

Stars with SSK last year?

Collaros?  nope
Hughes?  nope
Marshall?  nope
Poop?  nope
Williams-Lambert?  nope

Hurl? nope  Wink Wink Wink Grin Grin

Even Thigpen was only a late addition last year, right?  The only real stars who were there last year are Jefferson, Gainey, and Roosevelt.  Forgive me if I forgot a couple, I don't specialize in SSK rosters.

Our team is way more of a t.e.a.m. than SSK.  Jones is too fast & loose with his roster and his (cough cough) team will suffer for it.  They go into battle for themselves, not for each other.  Only Winnipeg plays for the W!

Poop a "star"?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2018, 04:27:51 PM »

Poop a "star"?

Ok, ya got me, I was reaching a bit... wanted to make a point  Wink Cheesy  Plus, I like saying Poop  Wink Shocked
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: