Blue Bombers Forum
November 16, 2018, 04:04:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris Streveler  (Read 2082 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2018, 06:22:56 PM »

Uh, why? If a head coach isn't going to think about the future, he probably shouldn't be head coach. Streveler has immense potential and O'Shea likely realizes that, along with Walters.

Nichols isn't getting any better or younger, either.

This is a good point. Strelever could wind up another Franklin. That being said, it's a gamble the WFC should probably take, IMO.

Based on every word, statement and gesture we've witnessed from O'Shea over the past 5 seasons, I'm not expecting him to do a 180 on Nichols unless he stumbles to a 6 win season and Walters, Miller or LaPo convince him to move on.
theaardvark

« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2018, 06:28:32 PM »

Based on every word, statement and gesture we've witnessed from O'Shea over the past 5 seasons, I'm not expecting him to do a 180 on Nichols unless he stumbles to a 6 win season and Walters, Miller or LaPo convince him to move on.

If Nichols has a 6 win season, Miller/Walters/OShea might not be in a position to offer any advice... 'cause they'll be out of work too...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2018, 06:33:11 PM »

He would make the move if he thought he had to. We should probably give O'Shea some credit for his decisions at QB. He moved on from Willy and installed Nichols which was the right call. He held firm and kept Nichols in when there was a large contingent screaming for Streveler (me included) which also proved to be the right call. QB changes shouldn't be made quickly and O'Shea is 2 for 2 so far.
Jesse

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2018, 06:43:49 PM »

That was/is my understanding as well, and the media reports around his signing were "through the 2019 season".

Alrighty then.

My wife is amazing!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2018, 06:48:45 PM »

He would make the move if he thought he had to. We should probably give O'Shea some credit for his decisions at QB. He moved on from Willy and installed Nichols which was the right call. He held firm and kept Nichols in when there was a large contingent screaming for Streveler (me included) which also proved to be the right call. QB changes shouldn't be made quickly and O'Shea is 2 for 2 so far.

O'Shea is a good player's coach but he isn't a visionary, I'm still convinced it was LaPo's pleading and Miller's gate driven pressure that forced him to move on from Willy.  Nichols turned around the season and basically saved O'Shea's *** from being fired, thus he's earned some loyalty.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2018, 06:50:32 PM »

O'Shea is a good player's coach but he isn't a visionary, I'm still convinced it was LaPo's pleading and Miller's gate driven pressure that forced him to move on from Willy.  Nichols turned around the season and basically saved O'Shea's *** from being fired, thus he's earned some loyalty.

I doubt it but who's to say?
kkc60

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2018, 06:54:13 PM »

MOS is loyal to his guys. Maybe to a fault. Remember, this was a guy who started Willy over Nichols. Maybe one day we'll be talking about how he started Nichols over Streveler in the same way
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2018, 07:11:13 PM »

Ah, so nothing specific and just a vague catch-all. Got it. It isn't about doing a 180, either. He just doesn't panic like fans and the media do.

That's just speculation. By that logic, one could make the same claim for this season when panicky fans wanted him to bench Nichols for a rookie.

MOS is loyal to his guys. Maybe to a fault. Remember, this was a guy who started Willy over Nichols.

That doesn't prove anything. Were he "loyal to a fault" - either back then or now - Willy would've continued getting the starts two years ago and Johnson wouldn't have been benched for his lousy play this season.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
GCn18

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2018, 07:50:53 PM »

I don't expect him to move quickly either, and this season has taught us that this is probably the correct way to do things. Fans like to call anything longer than a knee jerk reaction to be loyal to a fault. Not surprisingly, MOS has proven time and time again to be smarter than us.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Slimy Sculpin

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2018, 09:54:59 PM »

Hypothetical question?Huh?  Assuming that all CFL player contracts aren't guaranteed, any thoughts on what O'Shea/Management might do if in Sunday's game, Nichols has Banjo Bowl-like performance and the Bombers lose.
Donny C

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2018, 10:00:11 PM »

Hypothetical question?Huh?  Assuming that all CFL player contracts aren't guaranteed, any thoughts on what O'Shea/Management might do if in Sunday's game, Nichols has Banjo Bowl-like performance and the Bombers lose.

Ban you from the forum.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2018, 10:25:56 PM »

Ban you from the forum.
i second that

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue girl

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2018, 11:23:01 PM »

i second that
Totally agree.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2018, 06:55:50 AM »

That doesn't prove anything. Were he "loyal to a fault" - either back then or now - Willy would've continued getting the starts two years ago and Johnson wouldn't have been benched for his lousy play this season.

People keep retroactively (i.e. now) talking about this supposed "lousy play" by Poop.  At the time of Poop's last couple of games, I don't recall anyone complaining about him.  No one was saying he was getting beat, or sit him down.  He was never the forum whipping boy.

But all of the sudden it's clear to everyone Poop got "lousy" before he was benched?

Can someone tell me what was Poop's last game starting?  I want to take a peek back at those games to see if Poop was screwing things up or not.  I just don't recall anything like that.  I hate the guy just as much as everyone for defecting, but it doesn't change my opinion of what he contributed when starting.
GCn18

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2018, 01:10:48 PM »

People keep retroactively (i.e. now) talking about this supposed "lousy play" by Poop.  At the time of Poop's last couple of games, I don't recall anyone complaining about him.  No one was saying he was getting beat, or sit him down.  He was never the forum whipping boy.

But all of the sudden it's clear to everyone Poop got "lousy" before he was benched?

Can someone tell me what was Poop's last game starting?  I want to take a peek back at those games to see if Poop was screwing things up or not.  I just don't recall anything like that.  I hate the guy just as much as everyone for defecting, but it doesn't change my opinion of what he contributed when starting.

What makes you think you would be able to tell whether Poop was assignment sound or not? Before criticizing other fans knowledge of the game, make sure yours is up to snuff as well. Doug Brown, among others, had suggested that Poop was abandoning his run gap too early in order to pass rush. That is not something that will show up to the average fan on film. So while most people didn't detect anything wrong with Poop's play per se, comments in the media and the effectiveness of moving him out suggest he was not doing as well as he should have.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 01:14:42 PM by GCn18 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: