Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2018, 01:16:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris Streveler  (Read 2640 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: November 07, 2018, 05:40:40 AM »

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/11/03/chris-streveler-post-game-6/

I truly believe Chris Steveler is the QB of the future for the Bombers.  No doubt he has a lot to prove but his attitude and commitment, his performance to date, his desire to being better are great attributes.  Hopefully we are able to keep him after next season.  Tremendous upside is evident.

This is one guy we need to keep on the roster.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 06:33:04 AM »

He certainly is an engaging young man and has talent, confidence, skills and has his head screwed on straight.....all of which are major components for success in the CFL!   I'm really impressed with him and hope we can develop him into our next franchise QB.    Meanwhile he adds another wrinkle to our offence and has done nothing but excel when given those circumstances.   His future certainly looks bright and I'm hoping it's with us!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 01:11:31 PM »

I think there is no doubt The Strevelation has a mountain of potential as a starting QB. The Bombers must do all they can to keep him.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 01:18:38 PM »

I think there is no doubt The Strevelation has a mountain of potential as a starting QB. The Bombers must do all they can to keep him.

Please retain him there is nothing not to like!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 01:30:34 PM »

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/11/03/chris-streveler-post-game-6/

I truly believe Chris Steveler is the QB of the future for the Bombers.  No doubt he has a lot to prove but his attitude and commitment, his performance to date, his desire to being better are great attributes.  Hopefully we are able to keep him after next season.  Tremendous upside is evident.

This is one guy we need to keep on the roster.

We will probably have to make a choice at the end of next year. Pay Streveler something close to starters money and move on from Nichols, or keep Nichols and watch another team pay him something close to starters money. If Strev can come back next year and be a bit better pocket passer I'd say it shouldn't be a tough call.
Stretch

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 02:28:04 PM »

We will probably have to make a choice at the end of next year. Pay Streveler something close to starters money and move on from Nichols, or keep Nichols and watch another team pay him something close to starters money.

Streveler is under contract with us next year as well, is he not?

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
booch

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 02:29:31 PM »

He is...
blue_or_die

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 02:33:55 PM »

Streveler is under contract with us next year as well, is he not?

He means that those are the options after next year.

The only word I can use to describe watching Strev this year is fun. He plays an old fashioned rock 'em sock 'em game and while he's somewhat of a loose cannon at this extremely early stage of his career, he does whatever it takes to get the job done. Whether that's taking off and throwing his shoulder into LBs to get an extra yard (usually resulting in an extra 5), or slinging the rock all the way downfield and letting receivers do what they get paid to do. Crazy fun to watch.

Sure would be something to develop a 23 year old and have him in blue and gold for 12+ years, bringing in the cups...ah, I can dream...
Norm W

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 02:41:19 PM »

Sure would be something to develop a 23 year old and have him in blue and gold for 12+ years, bringing in the cups...ah, I can dream...

I've had a similar dream but in mine I wake after year 3 of his new contract reading a headline in the Sun that says Streveler signs an 8 year deal with the Cleveland Browns for 50 million US dollars.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:43:11 PM by Norm W » Logged

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
jeremy q public

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 03:03:23 PM »

I think it's worth noting that the Bombers have finally scouted a QB who is turning heads around the league. For years we've been whining about our lack of QB development here, and it looks like this is a sign of that changing.
bigbuff33

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 03:26:51 PM »

For those who follow the New Orleans Saints.
Their back up QB...is like a Strev clone
They use him at QB and lineup Brees wide.
They use him as a tailback....and as a receiver...
He even returned kickoffs...

Would love to see LaPo utilize Strev like that...get the ball in his hands!!
We're developing him exactly as a QB should be developed.
After next season he's gotta be our full time QB...
Blue In BC

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 03:30:23 PM »

He's certainly fun to watch. The issue with his style of play is the greater risk of injury IMO. He seems to have a Dunigan LB mentality about him. Reilly is like that as well and has not had an overabundance of injuries. So it's a matter of luck to some degree.

No more excuses.
lenny

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 03:48:25 PM »

He's certainly fun to watch. The issue with his style of play is the greater risk of injury IMO. He seems to have a Dunigan LB mentality about him. Reilly is like that as well and has not had an overabundance of injuries. So it's a matter of luck to some degree.

Yep. Great potential but when he gets to the point of pass first mentality then he won't achieve that potential and the risk of injury becomes greater. But let's make no mistake about it what he brings in all around abilities including in my opinion the best running QB in the league is something we haven't seen here for years.  The CFL teams alone who will line up trying to sign him after next year will be many. So not only the issue of the new league in the States, the NFL, but our own backyard. Frankly, despite his formidable physical assets he is not an NFL QB. They would want to use him as a backup RB, STs, receiver, maybe even at TE though he might be a bit undersized for that.
Stretch

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 03:55:13 PM »

I've had a similar dream but in mine I wake after year 3 of his new contract reading a headline in the Sun that says Streveler signs an 8 year deal with the Cleveland Browns for 50 million US dollars.

That's not a dream...it's a nightmare (for him  Wink)

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Norm W

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 04:03:21 PM »

That's not a dream...it's a nightmare (for him  Wink)

If somebody writes you a cheque for 50 million at age 26 to play football you won't even ask where, and if you do its only so you know where to tell your mother where your going to live. 

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: