Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:22:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris Streveler  (Read 2111 times)
Stretch

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 04:06:00 PM »

If somebody writes you a cheque for 50 million at age 26 to play football you won't even ask where, and if you do its only so you know where to tell your mother where your going to live. 

Not sure if you missed the bolded part and the winking emoji, but it's all good.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
booch

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 04:08:08 PM »

The only real threat for him to leave the league would be the AAF but even that is slim to none..he would make up here in his second contract..even as a back-up/1b will be way more than what he would get there to start....and for any NFL option he would need at least a year or 2 of starter game film up here to have a legit shot being worth his time to pursue.

As for in Canada...we won't let him go..he will be extended prior to the end of next year if it is in Canada that he wants to be the big fish in a smaller pond. Also he likes it here..got his shot here...and his buddy Woli is here...another guy I am sure we will lock up prior to free agency and who also likes and wants to be here
Ridermania

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 04:17:22 PM »

The Bombers are in a great QB position next year.

Hopefully they can sign Streveler for a few years and trade Nichols.

One of them will have to be gone after next season as both are starters in the CFL.

Can't afford both and both want to play.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 04:54:13 PM »

I've had a similar dream but in mine I wake after year 3 of his new contract reading a headline in the Sun that says Streveler signs an 8 year deal with the Cleveland Browns for 50 million US dollars.

Must be the same dream in which Baker Mayfield was never born. Wink

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
blueraid

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 05:46:51 PM »

Watching his play closely is a treat...Streve plays the game the way it should be played...hard hitting and take no prisoners....He'll learn over time, the finesse game a qb.needs, to have to have longevity at the position...Right now he has all the tools to be a star in this league and maybe in the NFL..(quite far down the road hopefully)...We need this guy for the future....AND I'm just getting a big kick out of the way he plays the game...Watch the look in some of those opposition db's eyes when he takes off with the ball...I'm pretty sure I see terror...lol
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 05:55:15 PM by blueraid » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 06:07:48 PM »

Watching his play closely is a treat...Streve plays the game the way it should be played...hard hitting and take no prisoners....He'll learn over time, the finesse game a qb.needs, to have to have longevity at the position...Right now he has all the tools to be a star in this league and maybe in the NFL..(quite far down the road hopefully)...We need this guy for the future....AND I'm just getting a big kick out of the way he plays the game...Watch the look in some of those opposition db's eyes when he takes off with the ball...I'm pretty sure I see terror...lol

Instead of mic'd up, it would be cool to get a "ref cam" on teh QB's... especially Strevinator.  Then you'd be able to actually see those DB's eyes as he bears down on them...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2018, 06:10:44 PM »

So awesome that we were able to give him so much playing time this year, too. That will be huge for his development going into TC next year.
booch

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2018, 08:35:52 PM »

Yeah even without his 3 games he started...when is the last time around here that we have seen the back-up get as much meaningful and impactful snaps in the game plan...dare I say...never?

He will be so much further ahead in development next year coming into camp than any other young guy we have had rostered before..if he puts the work in over the winter on footwork...game film study..he may be really hard to keep off the field next year
Donny C

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2018, 09:00:00 PM »

One of them will have to be gone after next season as both are starters in the CFL.

I disagree!

Streveler might be the future, but he isn't the now!

He's got many things going for him...but this is a passing league and until I see that he can pass more I don't want him as the full time starter.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2018, 12:10:31 AM »

For those who follow the New Orleans Saints.
Their back up QB...is like a Strev clone
They use him at QB and lineup Brees wide.
They use him as a tailback....and as a receiver...
He even returned kickoffs...

Would love to see LaPo utilize Strev like that...get the ball in his hands!!
We're developing him exactly as a QB should be developed.
After next season he's gotta be our full time QB...

great way to end ones career, pass

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 12:11:48 AM »

Ride Nichols for as long as you can and you develop Strev.  Terrible idea to trade away our leader.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Leroy

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 12:36:25 AM »

If he only wants to play QB he won't be heading south in the next few years.

If he is willing to do what Hill in New Orleans is doing he may be gone after next year.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 03:47:13 AM »

Ride Nichols for as long as you can and you develop Strev.  Terrible idea to trade away our leader.

I don?t entirely disagree but the reality is, we will be at a crossroads at the end of next season at QB. Will we commit to an aging but known quantity in Nichols, or look to the future in Strev. Contracts are up and we will need to make that decision. Luckily we will have all next year to see where Strev (and Nichols) are at which should (but probably won?t, knowing our luck) make things clearer.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 04:20:03 AM »

I don?t entirely disagree but the reality is, we will be at a crossroads at the end of next season at QB. Will we commit to an aging but known quantity in Nichols, or look to the future in Strev. Contracts are up and we will need to make that decision. Luckily we will have all next year to see where Strev (and Nichols) are at which should (but probably won?t, knowing our luck) make things clearer.
this is true. I agree Streveler needs to show more as a passer. But I think chances are once he can can read a defence better he will become a bonifide starter in this league. He might as well be ours. Nichols I love right now but he has always had an issue staying healthy consistently.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 04:48:53 AM »

Nichols gets the reins until he's too old or drops off dramatically.  Nichols will get us to a GC this year.  That's gotta count for something.  I think he can be almost as good as R.Ray if he keeps progressing.

Everyone's overlooking how Nichols has finally gotten the one thing he's always lacked: the deep ball.  He's not 100% on it, but he's shown he can do it finally.  The last 5 games I think he connected on more deep balls than Reilly did.  He's now a legitimate pocket passing threat with more mobility than Ray.  And I think he'll improve even more next year.

2019 is 100% a Nichols/Strev year.  2020 I think will be the same.  '21 will be the year we start testing Strev more, maybe like a Jennings/Lulay situtation, and if not '21 then certainly '22.  The only impediment is if Strev gets more starts due to injury and starts looking like Flutie.  Then we'll have to switch to Strev earlier and/or let him go.

Donny C is right: Strev is great, but he's not even close to being ready.  Won't be next year either.  MOS/Walters will not drop Nichols.  If they did he'd be snapped up by another team immediately.

Like WPG always does, they'll try to keep the best elements together between seasons, and they'll succeed because players love being a BB.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: