Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:20:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Zach Collaros  (Read 2146 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 01:30:38 PM »

If for some unknown reason we decide to go off the board and not bring heat on Collaros my head will explode...just seems like something that would happen. 

Don't overthink the plan MOS and Hall - bring the pressure and sask will implode and we win this game.

We'll bring pressure but you can bet the Riders are working on every manner of screen, short cross, etc. Pressure has been the key to our defense this year but you still have to mix it up and call it at the right time. I suspect we'll start safe and ratchet up the pressure as the game goes along.
booch

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 01:45:40 PM »

I hope he plays...he will be pretty jittery and have happy feet and it will be in his head not to get hit...so he will rush and force things that aren't there for self preservation.

I see a lot of off throws, and I bet a few picks early due to this...If we crank up the heat and don't let up until they show they can take advantage of it...then I see that offence having no real chance
bigbuff33

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 02:12:27 PM »

If Bombers bring the blitz...and Collaros is feeling the heat...
Bombers win.
Once the Bombers changed up their defensive philosophy this season...we played outstanding football.
Now is not the time to change things up...
Blitz, blitz and then blitz some more.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 02:33:27 PM »

If Bombers bring the blitz...and Collaros is feeling the heat...
Bombers win.
Once the Bombers changed up their defensive philosophy this season...we played outstanding football.
Now is not the time to change things up...
Blitz, blitz and then blitz some more.
Bring a similar game plan to the game we had against Edmonton in October. That was quite the dominating performance and more of that would be tremendous.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
bluebeard

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 03:46:35 PM »

The weather may be a factor as I believe that it will be in the area of -7C as the game starts and then drop.  I have been told that it has snowed all night also.  The running game will probably decide the out come so we should win with Harris and the best ML in the league.
GCn18

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2018, 03:54:01 PM »

I hope he plays...he will be pretty jittery and have happy feet and it will be in his head not to get hit...so he will rush and force things that aren't there for self preservation.

I see a lot of off throws, and I bet a few picks early due to this...If we crank up the heat and don't let up until they show they can take advantage of it...then I see that offence having no real chance

Zac Collaros record when the temp is 0 degrees C or lower. 1-6
His TD/INT ratio  8/14

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Leroy

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2018, 04:03:52 PM »

The weather may be a factor as I believe that it will be in the area of -7C as the game starts and then drop.  I have been told that it has snowed all night also.  The running game will probably decide the out come so we should win with Harris and the best ML in the league.

Their whole team called it quits in the game here in October for that cold weather game.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2018, 04:04:53 PM »

Light workout means he is in the final stage of concussion protocol. The final stage of concussion protocol he can participate in a light workout/non pads drills. If he passed that protocol he can fully practice today.

Collaros is getting set to play one week after suffering a concussion.  A kid on my son's hockey team suffered a concussion about a month ago, doctors advised no return to hockey until mid Jan., 3 months rest minimum from vigorous activity.  This is the difference between real world care and the abridged version of it used in professional sports, which is a sham.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 04:18:42 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »

Collaros is getting set to play one week after suffering a concussion.  A kid on my son's hockey team suffered a concussion about a month ago, doctors advised no return to hockey until mid Jan., 3 months rest minimum from vigorous activity.  This is the difference between real world care and the abridged version of it used in professional sports, which is a sham.

You make a very good point. At the end of the day, though, Collaros should be sensible enough to realize the dangerous territory into which he's treaded. He's suffered a ton of concussions and seems rather flippant about any of it.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2018, 04:43:48 PM »

Whoever says he was injured doesn't know Jones. He pulls him all the time. He got pulled in a game that didn't mean anything. Of course he is going to play.  Stop the run game mainly and go after the qb. I think the main thing is protect our own qb and get points. Like to see Dressler and our receivers have a real good game. Saskatchewan will blitz . Nichols has to make good reads and go deep.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 04:46:35 PM by buckzumhoff » Logged
Jesse

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 04:45:57 PM »

His TD/INT ratio  8/14

Well this is an interesting point.

My wife is amazing!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2018, 05:31:40 PM »

You make a very good point. At the end of the day, though, Collaros should be sensible enough to realize the dangerous territory into which he's treaded. He's suffered a ton of concussions and seems rather flippant about any of it.

If Collaros was to give up football his earnings would go from aprox. $450,000 to around nuthin', easy to say long-term health should prevail but in reality difficult to accept a hard fact that deprives him of making that much money. 
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2018, 05:53:27 PM »

If Collaros was to give up football his earnings would go from aprox. $450,000 to around nuthin', easy to say long-term health should prevail but in reality difficult to accept a hard fact that deprives him of making that much money. 

He wouldn't just become an unemployed bum if he chose to retire. There are coaching opportunities aplenty out there, especially in the US.

Also, it'd pretty be difficult to enjoy all that money if your brain's just a puddle of mush.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2018, 05:53:41 PM »

His TD/INT ratio  8/14
MONEY thanks GC18

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Donny C

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2018, 07:11:22 PM »

I'm not quite as confident as the rest of the group on this game's outcome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: