Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:23:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnny Manziel on Montreal and the CFL  (Read 692 times)
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 06:27:43 AM »

I wouldn't be writing him off too soon....true he didn't set the house on fire however given the circumstances he acquitted himself fairly well despite the team around him being abysmal at best.   Whether or not he actually develops into a legitimate starter in the CFL remains to be seen and personally I'd like to see him achieve this....it's good for our game.   We need more excitement in our league and even if it takes him a year or two or maybe even three, to help turn the team around, it would be a plus for Montreal and the CFL!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
lenny

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 03:59:31 PM »

Yeah Manziel realized the first time he started and what happened that he couldn't be playing off the cuff football. This league has very good talent. He got the message and settled down improving each game and bringing stability to his play. What I saw in the last two games particularly is a guy who now gets the CFL game. Reduce turnovers, don't force things, take what the D gives you and minimize the running in order to maximize his shelf life. I was impressed these last few games. However, the Al's situation is a mess. They need a good possession receiver as well as a YAC guy who is dynamic. They are set at RB. Their OL needs an overhaul. Their D has moments but they reminded me of the Bombers D until the recent scheme changes, blitzes etc. which Hall has now thankfully moved to.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: