Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:20:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnny Manziel on Montreal and the CFL  (Read 690 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: November 05, 2018, 05:15:24 AM »

An interesting interview with Johnny Manziel  on his year in Montreal and the future.

https://www.bardown.com/after-missing-playoffs-johnny-manziel-reflects-on-his-highly-anticipated-first-cfl-season-1.1204022

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 01:34:58 PM »

Saying all the right things but honestly I thought Pipkin is the better QB
Norlorne Dr.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 01:53:52 PM »

Manziel is more hype than anything.  He was outstanding in the A&M system, but I do not think he has much of a future in the pros (CFL or NFL).

Old member, new account.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 01:56:22 PM »

Watch him get traded to the Argos when Ray retires.  Not that I think he's specifically better than Franklin or even maybe MacBeth, but it's about the hype machine they have to try and generate in order to keep the team from completely flatlining.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 08:55:55 PM »

A LOT of CFL qb's could be potential free agents this February, so some shuffling may occur.

From what he has shown so far, Manziel is average at best. He seems to have his head clear now though, so no longer the train wreck he once was. He is going nowhere fast to the NFL at this stage though. Montreal already has 4 QB's under contract for next season. Now I read they want to REDUCE the size of Percival Molson stadium to just over 20,000+! So Manziel could be trade bait once again as they appear to be going the El Cheapo route.
dd

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 11:23:10 PM »

Why Montreal needs 4 backup Qbs is a mystery, they'll be getting rid of 2 or 3 if they want to take a run at one of the 4 starting Qbs that will be on the market, which they have to do if they are going to amount to anything next season. Id be keeping Pipkin or Adams and trading or releasing Manziel and Willy.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 11:31:07 PM »

Why Montreal needs 4 backup Qbs is a mystery, they'll be getting rid of 2 or 3 if they want to take a run at one of the 4 starting Qbs that will be on the market, which they have to do if they are going to amount to anything next season. Id be keeping Pipkin or Adams and trading or releasing Manziel and Willy.
lol oh my lord they still have Willy under contract?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 11:34:16 PM »

my bad, no they don't , they have Schlitz or whatever his name is under contract...he's expendible right now.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 11:44:02 PM »

my bad, no they don't , they have Schlitz or whatever his name is under contract...he's expendible right now.
NP

Manziel was a complete overhyped TSN fabricated joke machine. Gimpy arm, none and I mean no pocket feel at all, I believe Streveler keeps his eyes down field in the line if fire longer than Manziel, he is a massive injury waiting to happen the risks he takes (short shovelful life),

Um... b-bye

« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 02:13:41 AM by ModAdmin » Logged

theaardvark

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 12:44:15 PM »

8       Adams Jr., Vernon    QB    I    5'11    200    25    Oregon
2       Manziel, Johnny    QB    I    6'0    210    25    Texas A&M
17       Pipkin, Antonio    QB    I    6'3    225    23    Tiffin
18       Shiltz, Matthew    QB    I    6'2    205    25    Butle

6 game IR

4       Mathews, Jeff    QB    I    6'4    221    27    Cornell
5       Willy, Drew    QB    I    6'4    214    31    Buffalo

Yup, still under contract...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 12:54:56 PM »

Oh wow, so they have 6 backup QBs!!?! What a collective mess of garbage.
Do or Die

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 08:42:35 PM »

Rod Black and some others should pay attention:

Manziel 194 touches (165 throws, 29 rushes)........5 TD, 7 turnovers
Streveler 217 touches (140 throws 77 rushes)........21 TD, 5 turnovers

"Common sense is not so common."
booch

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 08:48:30 PM »

or Darvin Admas...2 of 2...for 36 yards and a TD and an efficiency rating of 327.1...hahahaha
buckzumhoff

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 09:23:37 PM »

Manziel will be a very good quarterback. First year in the league on a bad team . No receivers. I can see another team trading for him ,If Montreal decides to keep others.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 09:25:47 PM by buckzumhoff » Logged
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 09:56:29 PM »

Rod Black and some others should pay attention:

Manziel 194 touches (165 throws, 29 rushes)........5 TD, 7 turnovers
Streveler 217 touches (140 throws 77 rushes)........21 TD, 5 turnovers
wow that is soooo much better!

It will be exciting to see Streveler out there in packages for the WSF!

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 06:27:43 AM »

I wouldn't be writing him off too soon....true he didn't set the house on fire however given the circumstances he acquitted himself fairly well despite the team around him being abysmal at best.   Whether or not he actually develops into a legitimate starter in the CFL remains to be seen and personally I'd like to see him achieve this....it's good for our game.   We need more excitement in our league and even if it takes him a year or two or maybe even three, to help turn the team around, it would be a plus for Montreal and the CFL!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
lenny

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 03:59:31 PM »

Yeah Manziel realized the first time he started and what happened that he couldn't be playing off the cuff football. This league has very good talent. He got the message and settled down improving each game and bringing stability to his play. What I saw in the last two games particularly is a guy who now gets the CFL game. Reduce turnovers, don't force things, take what the D gives you and minimize the running in order to maximize his shelf life. I was impressed these last few games. However, the Al's situation is a mess. They need a good possession receiver as well as a YAC guy who is dynamic. They are set at RB. Their OL needs an overhaul. Their D has moments but they reminded me of the Bombers D until the recent scheme changes, blitzes etc. which Hall has now thankfully moved to.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: