Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 07:22:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles Nelson  (Read 1548 times)
booch

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2018, 09:14:26 PM »

most teams have several...
kkc60

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2018, 09:18:55 PM »

most teams have several...
Exactly. I'm confident we have other guys who could fill in. The fact MOS would rather have a 2nd string long snapper over a competent returner is surprising
the paw

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2018, 10:33:10 PM »

The numbers he is quoting are put together by a fan on Twitter and are very unofficial. These are the numbers, as best as he can tell on TV. The percentages especially should be taken with a grain of salt.

Well, in that case, I think the assumption is that he percentages are total junk.  On TV, you can really only see which DB was closest to the guy when he caught it, not who blew coverage or assignment.  There have been a couple of times where they have had an iso shot that Suitor has broken down and illustrated where a guy who is not even in the screen vacated his zone, and some poor bugger in the next zone looks like the fall guy just because he appears on camera in chase. 

There is no way a fan can reliably discern coverage assignments from the TV shots we have access to. 

grab grass 'n growl
Jesse

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2018, 03:05:55 AM »

Well, in that case, I think the assumption is that he percentages are total junk.  On TV, you can really only see which DB was closest to the guy when he caught it, not who blew coverage or assignment.  There have been a couple of times where they have had an iso shot that Suitor has broken down and illustrated where a guy who is not even in the screen vacated his zone, and some poor bugger in the next zone looks like the fall guy just because he appears on camera in chase. 

There is no way a fan can reliably discern coverage assignments from the TV shots we have access to. 

Exactly. Good for the guy who does it. But it doesn't really tell us what happened.

My wife is amazing!
bigbuff33

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2018, 03:29:41 PM »

Gotta find a way to get Nelson in the lineup...
He's a return threat that we don't have...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: