Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:23:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles Nelson  (Read 1546 times)
Tehedra

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2018, 06:51:22 PM »

The Fogg hate is priceless, eh? Only because it's so woefully ignorant. He doesn't return kick-offs and is pretty much strictly a punt returner. And as far as punt returns go, he finished second in the league.

Another fun fact: he led the league in missed FG returns.

As far as Nelson goes, I thought he had a solid game on Saturday. Potential is there.

I think people are still really hard on Fogg from a couple years past, but his play has dramatically improved in the defense, he does a lot of what the team asks him for and is often mentioned in good light by Tait, TSN, and the other media.  I know you can't always believe what the Media states, and I mean yes he gets beat like a rented mule sometimes, I just think he is also often put up against some of the better receivers because of his play and him being able to make them work for it.  This isn't saying I think he is the defacto premier DB but I think we are much harder on him then we need to be. 
theaardvark

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2018, 06:53:41 PM »

I think people are still really hard on Fogg from a couple years past, but his play has dramatically improved in the defense, he does a lot of what the team asks him for and is often mentioned in good light by Tait, TSN, and the other media.  I know you can't always believe what the Media states, and I mean yes he gets beat like a rented mule sometimes, I just think he is also often put up against some of the better receivers because of his play and him being able to make them work for it.  This isn't saying I think he is the defacto premier DB but I think we are much harder on him then we need to be. 

Still wondering on the rented mule concept... he slipped once, saw that.  Otherwise, he is right there on most 50/50 balls, just gets unlucky in where his hand sweeps go, and he misses the ball. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
kkc60

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 06:58:59 PM »

He leads the teams DBs in completion Oct against at 67%. Randle and Alexander are at 57%. He is also tied with a rookie for TDs against at 4. He has missed 2 games yet has a916 receiving yards against. Next closest? Randle at 769 with one more game played. Foggs a great guy so of course the media will love him. He also makes splash plays, so it's super easy to say good things about him. But the stats don't lie.

I think maybe some are too hard on him as a returner but he's a 3rd year DB that was outplayed by a rookie and is consistently picked on. Plain and simple, he is our weakest link
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2018, 07:03:36 PM »

I'll be the first to say I don't like Fogg at corner. He looks out of place more often than not but I'll pin the blame on the coaching staff for putting and keeping him there. The numbers certainly don't lie and he seems far better suited to the HB position, IMO.

On ST, however, he's a stud.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Norm W

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2018, 07:24:21 PM »

I'll be surprised stunned flabbergasted if Nelson is on the AR come game time...

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
the paw

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2018, 07:37:34 PM »

I'll be the first to say I don't like Fogg at corner. He looks out of place more often than not but I'll pin the blame on the coaching staff for putting and keeping him there. The numbers certainly don't lie and he seems far better suited to the HB position, IMO.

On ST, however, he's a stud.

I think the exact opposite.  I think he struggled more at HB and performed better at field corner.  For the most part, he is in position, but as Aards points out, he sometimes whiffs on the knockdown.  On the other hand, he does pretty well for picks. 

he is a great punt returner, although his average has dropped since he became full time on defence.  If we had the same personnel next year, I would not mind seeing Fenner out on the corner, with Fogg as the extra DB and returner. 

grab grass 'n growl
theaardvark

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2018, 07:48:37 PM »

Bob Irving @BobIrvingCJOB

Mike Oshea tells his radio show on 680CJOB that Taylor Loffler and Sukh Chung will return from injury for the semi final but he doesn?t see how he can get returner Charles Nelson on the roster because it would cost them a key American player somewhere else.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2018, 07:50:33 PM »

He leads the teams DBs in completion Oct against at 67%. Randle and Alexander are at 57%. He is also tied with a rookie for TDs against at 4. He has missed 2 games yet has a916 receiving yards against. Next closest? Randle at 769 with one more game played. Foggs a great guy so of course the media will love him. He also makes splash plays, so it's super easy to say good things about him. But the stats don't lie.

I think maybe some are too hard on him as a returner but he's a 3rd year DB that was outplayed by a rookie and is consistently picked on. Plain and simple, he is our weakest link

Randle and the inside HB's are playing against the opponents top receivers. Fogg got beat by JFG as an example.

In theory the receivers Fogg is covering should see the least amount of activity.

Aside from the percentage stat is there a breakdown of " targeted " for each DB?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:54:01 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2018, 08:02:21 PM »

I think the exact opposite.  I think he struggled more at HB and performed better at field corner.

Maybe his mistakes were less glaring at HB. I just don't recall seeing him get beat as badly or as often when he played inside.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
kkc60

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2018, 08:03:21 PM »

Bob Irving @BobIrvingCJOB

Mike Oshea tells his radio show on 680CJOB that Taylor Loffler and Sukh Chung will return from injury for the semi final but he doesn?t see how he can get returner Charles Nelson on the roster because it would cost them a key American player somewhere else.

Simple: bench old and slow Ian Wild
Jesse

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2018, 08:04:47 PM »

Randle and the inside HB's are playing against the opponents top receivers. Fogg got beat by JFG as an example.

In theory the receivers Fogg is covering should see the least amount of activity.

Aside from the percentage stat is there a breakdown of " targeted " for each DB?

The numbers he is quoting are put together by a fan on Twitter and are very unofficial. These are the numbers, as best as he can tell on TV. The percentages especially should be taken with a grain of salt.

My wife is amazing!
Jesse

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2018, 08:05:01 PM »

Simple: bench old and slow Ian Wild

That was my first thought as well....

My wife is amazing!
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2018, 08:05:54 PM »

Wild is the backup LS. That's probably why he continues to see active duty more than anything else.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
kkc60

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2018, 09:03:09 PM »

The numbers he is quoting are put together by a fan on Twitter and are very unofficial. These are the numbers, as best as he can tell on TV. The percentages especially should be taken with a grain of salt.
That's fair but I'll trust the numbers and frankly they don't look off at all. Fogg has been beat up all season whether you use the good ol eye ball test or some random guy in Twitters numbers
kkc60

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2018, 09:04:02 PM »

Wild is the backup LS. That's probably why he continues to see active duty more than anything else.
I am sure we have other guys who can long snap
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: