Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 07:23:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Nov 11 - West Semifinals  (Read 3870 times)
Donny C

« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2018, 08:24:02 PM »

I know...I went when it was in WPG.

Lots to factor in this year:

The cons:
*We will have just got back from a family vacation in Florida on Thursday (flight for Grey Cup leaves Friday). So money isn't overly accessible.
*Do I really want to go and watch a team other than WPG? Not really. At that point I'd prefer to watch on T.V

The pros
*Some decent flight prices from low cost airline right now
*I can stay at my sisters place that is a 5 minute drive from the stadum
*Buddies from Edmonton have and extra ticket I can buy in Section S for $300, so I can sit with people I know.

Next year's Grey Cup is in Calgary...I have a sister that lives there also. Would hate to commit to going this year, not have the Bombers in it, then have the Bombers make the big game in 2019...and try to convince my wife that I should go for the 2nd year in a row.
booch

« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2018, 08:50:44 PM »

It is going to be anyone's game on Sunday. I think a lot of fans are looking at that one game where the bombers handed it to the Riders 31 - 0 and are forgetting despite a week offence the Riders were still able to end the season 12-6, 6-3 at home and 7-3 against western teams, and are 2-1 against the bombers. You are not bad team if you are 12 - 6.
you can be a seriously flawed and lucky team tho...which can disappear (luck) in an instance...but your flaws won't anytime soon until you get a legit QB and a capable OC...Neither of which I see happening in the next while
booch

« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2018, 08:54:10 PM »

And no one has said the Riders are a bad team. To "crush" us with no basis is pretty silly, though. Par for the course I suppose.
Considering in their two wins they barely scraped by...and was when our QB and offence was playing the worst it ever has had since Nichols took over...also in one of the wins they didn't even score an offensive touchdown...they got a gift win in Banjo Bowl and the longer they deny it..the better...and in 5 games at New Mosaic the Bombers are 2-2-1..hardly been death valley for them
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2018, 08:56:38 PM »

and in 5 games at New Mosaic the Bombers are 2-2-1..

The Bombers' record at Mosaic 2.0 is 1-2 (1-1 in 2017 and 0-1 this season). Or are you including pre-season games?

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
booch

« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2018, 09:18:56 PM »

yeah I did...game is a game in my eyes
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2018, 09:50:03 PM »

Plus we won the last game at old Mosaic as well.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2018, 02:26:50 AM »

Of course Dirty Davis Sanchez takes Regina.. figures. Once a ***** always one. Milt and Hank take the Blue Bombers.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2018, 02:41:18 AM »

But there's good reason to think Wpg would play well against Sask offense given the QB situation. I can't think of, and have not seen, a good reason for Sask to win other than hoping their defense gives them 14 points like they were gifted in the BB.

you can be a seriously flawed and lucky team tho...which can disappear (luck) in an instance...but your flaws won't anytime soon until you get a legit QB and a capable OC...Neither of which I see happening in the next while

Nailed it for the SSK fan(s).  WPG is a great team on all 3 phases.  SSK has 2.  CFL is an offensive league, the rules all favor O, so for SSK to have no O means they have a major handicap.

SSK has their record on the back of luck.  No matter how good the D, scoring on D is requires major luck.  So do ST returns for TDs.  The problem with luck is you can't rely on it.

Might SSK have great luck on D and ST in WSF?  Sure.  Maybe.  I doubt it.  Will SSK have great luck in 3 games to win the GC?  Nearly impossible.  I can't recall a team that has won the GC with no O and a lucky D for years/decades.  The odds are simply too great.

WPG just needs to play decent ball like they've done for 2 months.  That's it.  If WPG gets some luck too, it's all over for SSK.  SSK needs to play the best ball of their year and have major luck.  That's a big ask.

Plus, who is hungrier?  Who wants it more?  After being denied as a very good team in '16 and '17, Nichols/Harris/MOS & co are champing at the bit.  They will not be denied.  What does SSK have?  A ragtag group of random FAer mercenaries, the vast majority of which are new to the team, zero player loyalty, and absolutely no cohesion.  Jones focuses solely on brute force and talent, to the detriment of the locker room.  WPG guys will go to war as brothers, SSK not so much.  The beauty of football is the better team tends to pull ahead by the end, even if the poorer team gets some luck.  I expect it to be clear which time is the better one all game long.

If there's anything in the CFL that's a slam dunk, this game is it.  I think SSK fans know this and are very afraid: actually, probably resigned to their fate, meaning they'll probably take the loss well because it's so expected.  I really think they'll all be walking out by mid-3rd quarter.

I've got my hotel booked now and I'll see you all there!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2018, 03:44:25 AM »

Only 1 practice this week?  Is this normal before a WSF??  If it was me I'd have meetings and practices with players all week.  How do they come up with any new trick plays?  Do they really just stand pat with the playbook as it was after game 18?
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2018, 05:04:02 AM »

Nailed it for the SSK fan(s).  WPG is a great team on all 3 phases.  SSK has 2.  CFL is an offensive league, the rules all favor O, so for SSK to have no O means they have a major handicap.

SSK has their record on the back of luck.  No matter how good the D, scoring on D is requires major luck.  So do ST returns for TDs.  The problem with luck is you can't rely on it.

Might SSK have great luck on D and ST in WSF?  Sure.  Maybe.  I doubt it.  Will SSK have great luck in 3 games to win the GC?  Nearly impossible.  I can't recall a team that has won the GC with no O and a lucky D for years/decades.  The odds are simply too great.

WPG just needs to play decent ball like they've done for 2 months.  That's it.  If WPG gets some luck too, it's all over for SSK.  SSK needs to play the best ball of their year and have major luck.  That's a big ask.

Plus, who is hungrier?  Who wants it more?  After being denied as a very good team in '16 and '17, Nichols/Harris/MOS & co are champing at the bit.  They will not be denied.  What does SSK have?  A ragtag group of random FAer mercenaries, the vast majority of which are new to the team, zero player loyalty, and absolutely no cohesion.  Jones focuses solely on brute force and talent, to the detriment of the locker room.  WPG guys will go to war as brothers, SSK not so much.  The beauty of football is the better team tends to pull ahead by the end, even if the poorer team gets some luck.  I expect it to be clear which time is the better one all game long.

If there's anything in the CFL that's a slam dunk, this game is it.  I think SSK fans know this and are very afraid: actually, probably resigned to their fate, meaning they'll probably take the loss well because it's so expected.  I really think they'll all be walking out by mid-3rd quarter.

I've got my hotel booked now and I'll see you all there!

going to Wayne?s world pre game party?

TecnoGenius

« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2018, 05:19:47 AM »

going to Wayne?s world pre game party?

What's the address of it?  Can't find it anywhere.  I'm staying at the hotel closest to Mosaic so there's no reason I can't walk to anywhere close.  What's the general times it runs?

My first time to Mosaic!
Norm W

« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2018, 12:08:29 PM »

Only 1 practice this week?  Is this normal before a WSF??  If it was me I'd have meetings and practices with players all week.  How do they come up with any new trick plays?  Do they really just stand pat with the playbook as it was after game 18?

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday... By my count that's at least three, but math was never a strong subject for me.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
booch

« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2018, 01:10:24 PM »

I guarantee you that closed practice last week was used for WSF prep and anything new they are going to implement for the play-offs...gives the players the extra week to learn and study it..
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2018, 01:21:05 PM »

What's the address of it?  Can't find it anywhere.  I'm staying at the hotel closest to Mosaic so there's no reason I can't walk to anywhere close.  What's the general times it runs?

My first time to Mosaic!

I?ll definitely find out and PM you. It?s right across the street from old Mosaic south/western corner lot I believe. I think our bus will get there around 1-1:30

TecnoGenius

« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2018, 08:22:21 PM »

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday... By my count that's at least three, but math was never a strong subject for me.

Oh, I was going by the sticky practice thread at the top of the list, and as of yesterday it was saying there was just 1 practice.  I guess the full week wasn't decided/reported on at that point.  It's up there now!

Phew, I was getting a bit freaked out MOS was giving our guys the week off!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: