Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:22:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Nov 11 - West Semifinals  (Read 3865 times)
Leroy

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2018, 04:41:11 PM »

Collaros isn't a difference maker in Regina. Their offense isn't what wins them games. It's about defense and special teams and has been all season long.

Exactly.

Don't turn the ball over, don't give up special teams plays.

Win.
Sec223

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2018, 04:50:29 PM »

The bus leaves Saturday morning !!!
Nic16

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2018, 05:25:47 PM »

Our D vs their O:
Our D elevated their game in a big way in the last 3rd of the season and the majority of their stats are now as good or better than the ?vaunted? Rider D. The return of Jeffcoat to the lineup, the emergence of Brandin Bryant in the 2nd half of the season, Gaitor finding a home at SAM the last 6 games, Sayles now looking more like a future star than a rookie at BHB, Alexander is now healthy and looking very comfortable at the FHB spot, and we should have a well rested Loffler back on Sunday.

Their normally lack lustre O has recently benefited from getting JWL back, adding Marshall - who has looked strong running the ball, Cannon looks like a nice addition, and their OL looks improved with Labatte at C and Blake at OG. HOWEVER, there is a huge ?? at the most important position - QB. ZC is hot & cold and looks to be battling concussion symptoms once again, Bridge is eractic at the best of times, Watford looks exactly like a 3rd string rookie should, and now they have added the experienced, but very unpredictable & flakey Tate - with a week to prepare.

Advantage: WBB

Our O v their D:

In short...we?re healthy, Nichols security blanket - Dressler is healthy & playing, and Nichols has finally shaken whatever ailed him for the first 12 games. Add in LaPo?s experience and creativity and this O should do what they have done all year...scores points!

Their D is GOOD, actually very good at creating turnovers and 2& outs. However, the last time these 2 teams met the BB O moved the ball with consistency thru the first half and put the game away by half time. This allowed LaPo to run a very conservative vanilla offence for the remainder of the game and not expose any other tricks he had up his sleeve. And when you look at the Banjo Bowl game, LaPo had the O in position to score on 2 occasions that could have won them the game, however, Nichols was in still in La-La land at that point in the season and tossed up a few fugly pick 6?s. Things have definitely changed for Nichols and the BB O in a very positive way since that BB game. Nichols ?the (winning) game manager? is back! And he has a future stud QB to come in and do the dirty work.

Advantage: Even

ST?s:

I like their return game much better than ours, so ball possession will be key for the BB. Reduce the number of times you need to punt and when you do...good hang time and ball placing will be key to successful coverage.

As for P/K, I much prefer Medlocks leg & experience over Lauther, and his punt placement is much better than Bartel.

Advantage: slight edge to the Riders due to returns...although Fogg is no slouch and way over due!

Overall, the noise factor will be a challenge at times for the O and momentum will likely help the riders D early in the game. To get past this the BB O will have to play a ball control Offence to get thru them thru the initial excitement of the game and don?t make any mistakes to give their D something to build off of. Keep mistakes to a minimum for the first 2 or 3 qtr and let our D win the field position battle and the points will come for the O. The Riders O will then have to start taking chances to try and move the ball which will play right into the hands of our ball hawking D. Bottom line is, shut down the short stuff & yac, and force whomever their eractic QB is to make the riskier downfield passes under pocket pressure.
Final score: WBB 29 - Riders 19 Grin
gobombersgo

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2018, 05:40:49 PM »

I'll be in section 107 by the tunnel were the Bombers go through.

WpgGuyInToronto

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2018, 06:54:33 PM »

I like the Bombers chances but we?ve seen this script before. Everything looks good on paper so if we play smart football and protect the ball the Bombers will be fine 31-24 Bombers

#1 Bomber fan in Tdot
ichabod_crane

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2018, 06:57:58 PM »

Please Mike O'Shea....NO BRAIN FART coaching calls at crucial times!  Last two playoff games some bad coaching calls at such times which cost the team in the end. He seems to have cleaned those up the second half to 2/3'rds of this season thankfully though.
bludan

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2018, 07:13:26 PM »

If we stay disciplined, I don't see us losing. Our O is unquestionably better, our D is somewhat better, our special teams are even. We're as healthy as can be, they are not.

As they signed Tate, clearly there is a worry about ZC. Interesting thought; I wonder if they'd have gone after Durant had we given away his rights....  I'm sure they'd rather have him right now than Tate...  His retirement is the gift that just keeps on giving.  We should send him a fruit basket.
blue girl

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2018, 07:25:46 PM »

Offensively we have to put together time consuming drives and protect the football. I'm sure that LaPo is putting together a game plan as we speak.

Defensively if we shut down the running game and put some big hits on the QB and RECs we'll be okay.

On special teams don't allow any big returns.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2018, 08:30:51 PM »

I am in!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Ridermania

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2018, 08:32:26 PM »

Let me know if you need any tickets!
dd

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2018, 08:39:54 PM »

Please Mike O'Shea....NO BRAIN FART coaching calls at crucial times!  Last two playoff games some bad coaching calls at such times which cost the team in the end. He seems to have cleaned those up the second half to 2/3'rds of this season thankfully though.
What??? No 63 yard field goal to win the game?? No fake punt on our 30yard line?? Those were epic bad calls, and I am fearful of another one that keeps the rough rides in the game
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2018, 08:43:57 PM »

What??? No 63 yard field goal to win the game?? No fake punt on our 30yard line?? Those were epic bad calls, and I am fearful of another one that keeps the rough rides in the game
holy tamoly we have some paranoid fans on here. MOS is better at this stuff. Have some faith. He?s been good this year.

Blue In BC

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2018, 08:48:59 PM »

holy tamoly we have some paranoid fans on here. MOS is better at this stuff. Have some faith. He?s been good this year.

Didn't he do a fake punt ( on 3rd and long ) against Ottawa late in the game in our end in the game that went to OT?

He also went on 3rd and more than a yard against Calgary which resulted in a turnover in our end.

No. He hasn't " learned " what not to do yet.

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2018, 09:03:21 PM »

Didn't he do a fake punt ( on 3rd and long ) against Ottawa late in the game in our end in the game that went to OT?

He also went on 3rd and more than a yard against Calgary which resulted in a turnover in our end.

No. He hasn't " learned " what not to do yet.
ya but all coaches including Wally and Dickie are making the same choices.

Blue In BC

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2018, 09:08:24 PM »

ya but all coaches including Wally and Dickie are making the same choices.

That is the opposite of saying he's better at it. He's made some unbelievably bad decisions in recent games.

Wally has won more games than any other coach in CFL history. Dickinson has a much better win / loss record than O'Shea so both of them get a little more slack with the odd gaff.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 09:09:59 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: