Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:22:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Nov 11 - West Semifinals  (Read 3864 times)
bamafan1991

« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2018, 02:49:19 AM »

Roomate and I are making the trip. Sitting up in section 612, will have our cowbells ready to make some noise. I attended the 2017 LDC and very much looking forward to a much more competitive game. Should be fun. Looks like it will be around -10, feeling even colder than that around game time. Should be fun. GO BLUE!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2018, 08:52:51 AM »

Roomate and I are making the trip. Sitting up in section 612, will have our cowbells ready to make some noise. I attended the 2017 LDC and very much looking forward to a much more competitive game. Should be fun. Looks like it will be around -10, feeling even colder than that around game time. Should be fun. GO BLUE!
awesome Bama! Enjoy what should be a fun ride. GOLD MEMBER.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Sec223

« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2018, 11:33:33 AM »

Price of Regina trip. $250
Hanging out with GOLDMEMBER. Priceless !! Go Bombers !!
The bus will be rockin. Bigger party coming home after the win.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2018, 12:00:43 PM »

Price of Regina trip. $250
Hanging out with GOLDMEMBER. Priceless !! Go Bombers !!
The bus will be rockin. Bigger party coming home after the win.
U are to kind Secy.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2018, 05:43:11 AM »

Boy, sure is quiet around here for a week before a WSF... not much talk about how we'll beat SSK specifically.  No real talk about schemes.  It's kind of strange.  Last year I think we were more chatty?

A bit similar on the Rider forums.  I think because it's WPG vs SSK it's causing everyone to pause a little bit.  I'm spending a bit of free time watching the painful LDC and BB to see if there's anything we have to worry about, or any tips I think we can use.  Only thing I've come up with so far is our worst enemy is ourselves: if we focus on ball security we will be jut fine.  Oh ya, and SSK holds like mad and is real nasty on OL: they love to tackle (not block) DL.

This week is taking forever.  I've never had such a long week.  And it's only Thursday night.  Ugh.  I never thought I'd say this, but I'll be happy to get to Regina.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2018, 11:25:12 AM »

Two really good teams, on "hot streaks" facing off. depending which stats you manipulate one team is better than the other. Either team can/should win this game. The general feeling from fans of both sides and experts is takeaways, whichever team is better with protecting the ball will win. I believe both teams are 10-0 when winning the turnover battle.
WpgGuyInToronto

« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2018, 12:34:25 PM »

Turnovers and field position will be huge. My concern is special teams and returning kicks/punts. If we're always starting on our own 20 it's gonna be a long day. For what it's worth most of the CFL fans here are rooting for the Bombers  Smiley

#1 Bomber fan in Tdot
GCn18

« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2018, 01:18:45 PM »

U are to kind Secy.

No kidding. Whatcha paying for your PR department Bonger? lol BTW, now that old mary jane is legal now maybe the mods will let you bring back the Blue Bonger.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2018, 02:08:14 PM »

As long as our receivers play well , ball control, I hope  our punting is better, Medlock has to kick away from their returners. I like the way Lankford kicks, kicks the ball deeper.
Norm W

« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2018, 02:17:32 PM »

I like the way Lankford kicks, kicks the ball deeper.

True, but the downside was the hang-time on his punts, it was lacking. Clearly the winner in the kick-off department over Medlock, I would have no hesitation letting him do the kick-off duties.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2018, 02:22:25 PM »

Boy, sure is quiet around here for a week before a WSF... not much talk about how we'll beat SSK specifically.  No real talk about schemes.  It's kind of strange.  Last year I think we were more chatty?

A bit similar on the Rider forums.  I think because it's WPG vs SSK it's causing everyone to pause a little bit.  I'm spending a bit of free time watching the painful LDC and BB to see if there's anything we have to worry about, or any tips I think we can use.  Only thing I've come up with so far is our worst enemy is ourselves: if we focus on ball security we will be jut fine.  Oh ya, and SSK holds like mad and is real nasty on OL: they love to tackle (not block) DL.

This week is taking forever.  I've never had such a long week.  And it's only Thursday night.  Ugh.  I never thought I'd say this, but I'll be happy to get to Regina.

The rider fan forum is a joke. There's a WHOLE LOT of talk about nothing. They spend most of their time cutting down the city or the fans they are playing. Pages and pages of nothing !!
Yes, this week has been the slowest week ever !! 

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
Norm W

« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2018, 02:35:25 PM »

Yes, this week has been the slowest week ever !! 

Chalking it up to quiet optimism... either that or everybody is holding their breath until we get past the divisional nemesis known as the Riders.  Undecided 

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
drahgon

« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2018, 03:12:25 PM »

The previous 2 years of playoff failures is still fresh in my head. I am truly hoping that this year is different but am only cautiously optimistic. The 2011 Bomber's rode a hot defense all the way to the grey cup finals after all...
dinodesi

« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »

and lankford could chase down a returner if needed
theaardvark

« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2018, 03:25:10 PM »

I'm closing down my shop on Sunday so I can watch the games... (well, truth be told, its Remembrance Day, the main reason for closing)

Big poker tournament in Regine this week.. almost bit the bullet and killed two birds with one stone...  but I wimped out on both...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: