Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:21:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Nov 11 - West Semifinals  (Read 3863 times)
bludan

« on: November 04, 2018, 03:02:46 AM »

Looks like we are playing Roughriders.  To be honest, I am thrilled.  I can't see us having a real problem with them, and I think it is a good warm-up game to play Calgary.  I am far more concerned with getting some injuries than I am losing the game.  How is everyone else feeling about things?
Tiger

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 03:08:02 AM »

Yup.  Collaros starts?

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
bludan

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 03:10:22 AM »

Yup.  Collaros starts?

Sounds that way.  He is still going to be hearing the footsteps from the last time we played them.
Big Daddy

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 04:21:05 AM »

I'm okay with it.  But I also see Milt's point that if Calgary lost, then going in with Calgary on such a losing streak and avoiding the tough home field of sask could have been preferable.  No arguing the Calgary atmosphere wouldn't be nearly as bad with so much losing, and really - their fans just aren't as loud anyway.
dd

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 04:42:28 AM »

Riders and their fans are going to be amped up for this one. We re going into hostile territory where we don?t win many games, but I can?t see us losing this one. We ve got to forget the 31-0 butt whuppin we just gave them and come out and match their intensity, score first and take their fans out of it.
Norm W

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 12:33:22 PM »

The road to the cup was going through Regina sooner or later, I think sooner is better than later.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 01:41:28 PM »

There's a reason that finishing first in your conference gives any team a better shot at getting to the cup final.  The statistics support it.  Our road to the cup is the most difficult one because we finished third in our conference.   If we beat the Riders on the road we have a legitimate shot at beating the Stamps who once again finished first albeit by winning their last game.    The Crazy Football League is hard to predict st times when it comes down to the Grey Cup however statistics favour either the Stamps or Redblacks.   The Bombers are definitely considered as a contender this year and have earned that right with their resurgent play.  MOS in his 5 years as HC has never won a playoff game....it's his time and we as a team are healthy,  hungry and confident.   I like our chances despite the odds! 

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
RebusRankin

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 01:41:48 PM »

I think Collaros does not play. Feel that is why they signed Tate.
TBURGESS

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 01:44:10 PM »

This won't be like the last Riders game. They are at home, with a week's rest. Their fans will give them a boost. They won 2 more games than we did for a reason. That reason isn't luck and we didn't just give them their 2 wins.

It should be a close, hard fought, playoff game. I hope we win it, but it won't be easy.

Being right never gets old.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 01:53:00 PM »

I do not think Collaros starts. If he does I cannot see him being effective. The Tate signing tells us it is not looking good for Zach.

I to think it will be close hard fought game but I think we will be hitting our stride on both sides of the ball. Plus with Dressler back for this game, unlike the LDC and BB, we will have are weapons at our disposal.

I like our chances.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Norm W

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 01:53:51 PM »

Our road to the cup is the most difficult one because we finished third in our conference.   If we beat the Riders on the road we have a legitimate shot at beating the Stamps

No argument with those statements, to win the cup the Bombers have to go on another run and win three consecutive road games. But I also think things are lining up as good as they can be. The Riders might be going into the playoffs wounded at the QB position, with an offence that wasn't all that frightening to begin with, their defence and special teams have been getting them the wins. Then I look at Calgary, okay the get the bye into the final. Normally an advantage, particularly if your'e playing well, you get some extra time for guys to heal. But they have not been playing well, they need the playing time to get back on track. They will only get extra film time and practice against themselves.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
TBURGESS

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2018, 01:57:47 PM »

Collaros isn't a difference maker in Regina. Their offense isn't what wins them games. It's about defense and special teams and has been all season long.

Being right never gets old.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2018, 02:23:19 PM »

Riders D has been underachieving lately as well.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Sammy225

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2018, 02:31:24 PM »

They get a lot of points off of turnovers. So simple enough we have to protect the ball (Demski). I know it is cliche but it really is true in this game with two Defenses that can turn the ball over the team who protects the ball will win. I expect a low scoring game if we can get to 21 we win.
Pigskin

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2018, 02:53:34 PM »

A mini season. 1 game at a time. Don't turn the ball over and play smart football and I can't see why we shouldn't make it to the Grey Cup.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: