Blue Bombers Forum
October 15, 2019, 06:48:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IG Field to be re-branded  (Read 3794 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 12:25:18 PM »

Some folks clearly do not understand some very basic economics. Actually, I wouldn't call this economics. Just concepts.
rubanski

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 12:27:20 PM »

so you would prefer if the stadium was branded by some other corporate entity like "Giant Tiger stadium" or "Salisbury House Place" just cause they aren't in the financial management space?  IG had nothing to do with the shell game and shady financing of the stadium - that is another topic completely separate from Investors Group the company who actually paid to have their name on one of the best stadiums in Canada.  They see it as investment in their brand - it is just a form of Marketing and advertising - not a comment on how public money was spent on building the place.

I just don't get the connection you are making.

I agree completely. Lincoln, there are no maggots gagging. Whether or not the previous wonderful Selinger regime came up with a deal that cost taxpayers $2, $20 or $200,000, the fact that IG ponies up big bucks to put their name on the stadium offsets what you, sick people, and single moms have to pay in taxes.

You do realize that without "IG Wealth Management" plastered all over the stadium tax payers would have a bigger bill?

IG is also a very large employer headquartered in Winnipeg, generating jobs and income for a substantial number of Manitobans.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 12:32:34 PM »

It's sort of a humorous coincidence that a stadium branded by a financial and wealth management company was indeed not financed very effectively but beyond that, it's no issue.
bigbuff33

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 01:54:10 PM »

Why must everything become fodder for argument.

This is the way of the world; corporations pay big bucks to brand their name on sports facilities...

If Investors Group is willing to pay big bucks to have their name on the stadium, that is their prerogative...if they want to change their name...so be it...

They pay big bucks for this right...and that money only helps the Bombers operate their organization.

This is a non issue.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 02:55:32 PM »

yes yes we understand corporate "branding" ....however the irony here is that the MB taxpayer has paid a great deal of money for this facility that houses a pro sports team and a University team....the "Wealth Management" part of the name is a smack in the 👁 to all those taxpayers that paid for this stadium to house elite athletes and fans who can afford to pay big 💰 for tickets, beer and hot dogs rather than let's say a mobile MRI machine to service all Manitobans.   It's like they're giving us the finger while reaping the big 💵 s from the notoriety gained from displaying their hallowed logo....it's enough to gag a maggot off a meat wagon!  If the team and all the major stakeholders pay their way I don't have a problem with it, as much,  but not when single mom taxpayers who never watch football have to kick in nearly 200 million!!   This is Manitoba's and Winnipeg's,stadium....not freaking Investor Wealth Management Groups stadium.....or whatever the hell they call themselves.   Gaaaaahhh!!   

You do realiaze Investors Group doesn't actually own the stadium, right?  It's just a name, they basically paid for a sign and some branding, in 5 years it will probably change and be called something else.  Maybe the "The Republik of Manitoba People's Stadium" would warm your heart. 
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 03:28:51 PM »

I agree completely. Lincoln, there are no maggots gagging. Whether or not the previous wonderful Selinger regime came up with a deal that cost taxpayers $2, $20 or $200,000, the fact that IG ponies up big bucks to put their name on the stadium offsets what you, sick people, and single moms have to pay in taxes.

You do realize that without "IG Wealth Management" plastered all over the stadium tax payers would have a bigger bill?

IG is also a very large employer headquartered in Winnipeg, generating jobs and income for a substantial number of Manitobans.

Well said. And you're spot on. The branding on the stadium has practically nothing to do with the financing debacle or the construction issues of IGF.

It's sort of a humorous coincidence that a stadium branded by a financial and wealth management company was indeed not financed very effectively but beyond that, it's no issue.

And that's all it is: a coincidence.

There sure are some ignorant comments in this thread. Undecided

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 03:55:27 PM »

You do realiaze Investors Group doesn't actually own the stadium, right?  It's just a name, they basically paid for a sign and some branding, in 5 years it will probably change and be called something else.  Maybe the "The Republik of Manitoba People's Stadium" would warm your heart. 

Cheesy

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 04:20:47 PM »

Life?s to short Bomber fans. Snap out of this pointless debate. They are renaming the stadium, does anyone honestly care they are and yes WE KNOW the financial desaster that is this Bomber stadium. Get over it!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Horseman

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 05:17:51 PM »

Maybe they should name it..."Investors Group We had Nothing to Do With The Financing of The Stadium" Stadium.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 06:16:00 PM »

so you would prefer if the stadium was branded by some other corporate entity like "Giant Tiger stadium" or "Salisbury House Place" just cause they aren't in the financial management space?  IG had nothing to do with the shell game and shady financing of the stadium - that is another topic completely separate from Investors Group the company who actually paid to have their name on one of the best stadiums in Canada.  They see it as investment in their brand - it is just a form of Marketing and advertising - not a comment on how public money was spent on building the place.

I just don't get the connection you are making.
Sorry you're missing my point....I just don't like corporate branding of any public place especially where taxpayers foot the bill.   What's wrong with Winnipeg Stadium or MB Place....some name that recognizes who actually pays for these big ticket items?  Corporations own us....they own the governments and the sheeple tolerate it.  That's my point.   My oldest sister commented on this the other day and she lives in rural Manitoba and has suffered through lack of adequate medical treatment due to cut backs.   She has a point and so do many of the people she knows who really could care less if fans like you and me have a pro sports team or fancy venue to watch them play games!   Don't get me wrong.....I love the Bombers and the Bisons and if they are supported by taxpayer dollars the stadium name should reflect that.   I know I'm in the minority on this one....which is unfortunate!!  To me it's Winnipeg Stadium because y'all paid big bucks for it! 

End of rant....
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 06:22:33 PM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

"Victory to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers"

Dali Lama
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 06:41:47 PM »

What's wrong with Winnipeg Stadium or MB Place...

There's nothing wrong with. However, neither would involve sponsorship money. And as previously stated, Investors Group (know known as IGM Financial) is a pretty large financial services firm with its HQ here in Winnipeg and is not only well recognized here but employs locals. Keep in mind the money it spends on naming rights for IGF and IG Athletic Centre help fund both facilities to the benefit of all who use them.

The rest of your comment unfortunately goes off the rails and that'd be a conversation for another thread or even another forum altogether. But I will say the cutbacks to health services in this province had nothing to do with the stadium fiasco. Those cuts were coming regardless.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 06:55:13 PM by blue_gold_84 » Logged

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2018, 06:55:48 PM »

There's nothing wrong with. However, neither would involve sponsorship money. And as previously stated, Investors Group (know known as IGM Financial) is a with its HQ here in Winnipeg and is not only well recognized here but employs locals. Keep in mind the money it spends on naming rights for IGF and IG Athletic Centre help fund both facilities to the benefit of all who use them.

The rest of your comment unfortunately goes off the rails and that'd be a conversation for another thread or even another forum altogether. But I will say the cutbacks to health services in this province had nothing to do with the stadium fiasco. Those cuts were coming regardless.
I do understand perfectly how sponsorship works and that's it's a revenue stream in a corporate world.   I apologize for "going off the rails" and it's more my personal commentary about our current socio-economic and political system! 

I will stick to football being played in my minds eye "Winnipeg Stadium"....LOL  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"Victory to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers"

Dali Lama
blue_or_die

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2019, 12:42:10 PM »

The new name will be "IG Field"

https://globalnews.ca/news/5262271/investors-group-field-changing-name-to-ig-field/

It's going to be very difficult for me to adjust to this new name. I might end up shortening it to "IGF" to make things less confusing.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2019, 01:31:18 PM »

Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce Investors Group Field renamed IG Field

WINNIPEG, MB., May 10, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are pleased to announce the renaming of Investors Group Field to IG Field in partnership with IG Wealth Management (formerly Investors Group).

IG Wealth Management, the 93-year-old Winnipeg-based financial services firm, has held naming rights to the stadium since 2013. Last October, the company rebranded to reflect its central focus on helping clients grow their wealth.

"We are happy to celebrate our long-standing partnership with IG Wealth Management with a stadium re-branding, and look forward to many more years of partnership at the newly-renamed IG Field," said Winnipeg Blue Bombers President & CEO, Wade Miller.

The stadium's new name, IG Field, will be reflected in all stadium signage, including exterior building signage, field logo, entrance gates and concourse wayfinding. Additionally, patches on both home and away jerseys will feature the new IG Wealth Management logo for the 2019 season.

"Our firm may have a new name, but our commitment to the Blue Bombers and the city of Winnipeg remains as strong as ever," said Jeff Carney, President & CEO, IG Wealth Management. "As a proud corporate supporter for more than twenty years, the renaming of IG Field and introduction of new patches reinforce IG Wealth Management's ongoing relationship with the Blue Bombers.  We look forward to cheering on the team to the Grey Cup this year."

The process of replacing the large stadium signs above each gate began on May 1st. Fans will get their first look at the new stadium logo at centre field at the May 31st pre-season game against the Edmonton Eskimos.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will open the regular season at IG Field on Thursday, June 27th at 7:30 p.m. against the Edmonton Eskimos.

About the Winnipeg Blue Bombers

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are a community-owned professional football team based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Founded in 1930 as the Winnipeg Football Club, the Blue Bombers are members of the West Division of the Canadian Football League and play their home games at IG Field. The Club has won the league?s Grey Cup championship 10 times since its inception. 

About IG Wealth Management

Founded in 1926, IG Wealth Management is a national leader in delivering personalized financial solutions to Canadians through a network of Consultants located across Canada. In addition to an exclusive family of mutual funds and other investment vehicles, IG offers a wide range of other financial services. IG Wealth Management has $89 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2019 and is a member of the IGM Financial Inc. group of companies. IGM Financial is one of Canada's premier financial services companies with over $160 billion in total assets under management as of March 31, 2019.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Donny C

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 04:37:30 PM »

Life?s to short Bomber fans. Snap out of this pointless debate. They are renaming the stadium, does anyone honestly care they are and yes WE KNOW the financial desaster that is this Bomber stadium. Get over it!

"I don't like where they put the stadium"...let's have another go around of that one as well!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: