Blue Bombers Forum
October 17, 2019, 01:13:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IG Field to be re-branded  (Read 3816 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« on: October 31, 2018, 04:19:20 PM »

https://www.chrisd.ca/2018/10/31/ig-wealth-management-stadium-name-change/#.W9njYtJKjDc

WINNIPEG ? No matter what they choose to rename it, football fans will still call the Winnipeg Blue Bombers? stadium ?IG Field.?

Investors Group Field ? also home to the U of M Bisons football team ? will soon undergo a name change, after the company whose name adorns all venue signage, rebranded itself.

IG Wealth Management is the new name of the 92-year-old Canadian financial services company, according to an announcement earlier this month.

The company is working with the Winnipeg Football Club as part of its original 12-year naming rights deal. A revamped name for the 33,234 capacity stadium is expected next spring during the league?s off-season.

Across the street, Investors Group Athletic Centre will also be needing a refresh in the naming department. The University of Manitoba?s multi-use facility currently houses the U of M?s volleyball and basketball teams, as well as convocation and other events.

A spokesperson for IG Wealth Management was unreachable to comment on what the possible new names for the venues will be.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 04:21:19 PM »

rumour GOLD MEMBERS love palace is in the running!👍🤴

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 07:28:38 PM »

PJ's house of rants is 2nd

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 07:29:52 PM »

My money is on IG Wealth Management Stadium.
blue_or_die

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 07:34:14 PM »

My guess would be IG Wealth Stadium or IG Wealth Field. This would be the best outcome in a world of corporately branded ball parks and arenas.

Having the word "Management" in addition to that sounds atrocious. Having just "IG Wealth" actually sounds like it could have been named after a dude.

Ian Gregory Wealth, lifelong Bomber fan.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 12:18:03 AM »

Hate the name....not happy that the tax payer is on the hook for the huge stadium debt when there are cuts to Medicare across the board and these corporate welfare bums put their "Wealth Management" logo on the stadium?   Gaaaaahhh!!

"Victory to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers"

Dali Lama
Jesse

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 12:43:35 AM »

I don't think I've ever uttered the phrase "IGF Field", and I doubt I'll ever say IG Weakth either.

It's simply "the stadium", or "the bomber field". Nothing is worse than corporate branding.

My wife is amazing!
fansince79

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 12:51:59 AM »

I don't think I've ever uttered the phrase "IGF Field", and I doubt I'll ever say IG Weakth either.

It's simply "the stadium", or "the bomber field". Nothing is worse than corporate branding.

Nothing is worse?? Really?
Leroy

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 01:11:55 AM »

How about racism?
TecnoGenius

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 01:51:31 AM »

My money is on IG Wealth Management Stadium.

IG Uncommon Wealth Stadium?

Whatever they rename it to, I'd make sure IGWM is on the hook for the cost of changing all the signs!!  No way WFC or UofM should pay for their fickleness regarding nomenclature.
dd

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 03:28:52 AM »

It should be called ?the citizen of manitoba? field. I have a big problem any corporation getting PR out of the name as we the taxpayer have wrote off millions. If corporate manitoba wants their name on it, get your cheque book out and write one to the province of mb for the amount of debt they have written off on this project
DM83

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 04:06:28 AM »

Agree DD

Therefore, Winnipeg Stadium
Loser cash grab. kind of pathetic!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 04:14:46 AM »

You do realize that companies actually pay to have their on the stadium - this is a revenue stream that ultimately assists the football club...why anyone would think this is a bad thing is beyond me...corporate branding of stadiums is commonplace and is hardly the worst thing going..
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 05:49:52 AM »

You do realize that companies actually pay to have their on the stadium - this is a revenue stream that ultimately assists the football club...why anyone would think this is a bad thing is beyond me...corporate branding of stadiums is commonplace and is hardly the worst thing going..
yes yes we understand corporate "branding" ....however the irony here is that the MB taxpayer has paid a great deal of money for this facility that houses a pro sports team and a University team....the "Wealth Management" part of the name is a smack in the 👁 to all those taxpayers that paid for this stadium to house elite athletes and fans who can afford to pay big 💰 for tickets, beer and hot dogs rather than let's say a mobile MRI machine to service all Manitobans.   It's like they're giving us the finger while reaping the big 💵 s from the notoriety gained from displaying their hallowed logo....it's enough to gag a maggot off a meat wagon!  If the team and all the major stakeholders pay their way I don't have a problem with it, as much,  but not when single mom taxpayers who never watch football have to kick in nearly 200 million!!   This is Manitoba's and Winnipeg's,stadium....not freaking Investor Wealth Management Groups stadium.....or whatever the hell they call themselves.   Gaaaaahhh!!   

"Victory to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers"

Dali Lama
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 12:07:37 PM »

yes yes we understand corporate "branding" ....however the irony here is that the MB taxpayer has paid a great deal of money for this facility that houses a pro sports team and a University team....the "Wealth Management" part of the name is a smack in the 👁 to all those taxpayers that paid for this stadium to house elite athletes and fans who can afford to pay big 💰 for tickets, beer and hot dogs rather than let's say a mobile MRI machine to service all Manitobans.   It's like they're giving us the finger while reaping the big 💵 s from the notoriety gained from displaying their hallowed logo....it's enough to gag a maggot off a meat wagon!  If the team and all the major stakeholders pay their way I don't have a problem with it, as much,  but not when single mom taxpayers who never watch football have to kick in nearly 200 million!!   This is Manitoba's and Winnipeg's,stadium....not freaking Investor Wealth Management Groups stadium.....or whatever the hell they call themselves.   Gaaaaahhh!!   

so you would prefer if the stadium was branded by some other corporate entity like "Giant Tiger stadium" or "Salisbury House Place" just cause they aren't in the financial management space?  IG had nothing to do with the shell game and shady financing of the stadium - that is another topic completely separate from Investors Group the company who actually paid to have their name on one of the best stadiums in Canada.  They see it as investment in their brand - it is just a form of Marketing and advertising - not a comment on how public money was spent on building the place.

I just don't get the connection you are making.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: