Blue Bombers Forum
November 16, 2018, 04:04:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tickets for Playoff Game in Regina On Open Sale  (Read 1112 times)
bomb squad

« on: October 31, 2018, 01:10:18 AM »

Listen up please Bomber Fans. I know it's not a guarantee the game is in Regina, but it's pretty darn close to it. Thing is, can we afford to wait around a week to find out? If we do, we run the risk of getting shut out. As a matter of fact, that's exactly what they're pushing here.

For those who would be inclined to go the game, I am not going to tell you what to do, just giving you the heads up and fair warning. On the off chance the game does turn out to be the Western Final, the Bombers would be there anyways right? Decide for yourself what the right thing to do is.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 01:21:24 AM by bomb squad » Logged
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 05:03:22 AM »

I'm almost certainly going, whether it's the WSF (likely) or WF.  I'm not really sure how they're selling the tickets without knowing the date yet, but I guess they figured it out (computer-wise).

I'll wait until we know who wins the CGY game.  I'm not too concerned about there being no tickets left.  Between the resale seats on ticketmaster (that IGF seems to disable) and stubhub, I'm sure there'll be tix.  Especially if I go alone, there's always singles.  They also have some very high-priced seats ($200-$400) that often have trouble selling, especially when they come up for resale.

Keep in mind Mosaic holds like a million people.

And the forecast shows Nov 11 as being the coldest day in weeks.  There'll be a lot of fans getting cold feet at the last minute when they see how cold it will be, just like the do in Winnipeg.

I think the harder problem will be getting a hotel room!

So I'll wait.  But if you want 2+ seats together, ya, you might want to lock in your seats earlier.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 11:20:31 AM »

Good advise

I was thinking of going but too busy.  Those that do, enjoy the trip!

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 11:59:38 AM »

I'm almost certainly going, whether it's the WSF (likely) or WF.  I'm not really sure how they're selling the tickets without knowing the date yet, but I guess they figured it out (computer-wise).

I'll wait until we know who wins the CGY game.  I'm not too concerned about there being no tickets left.  Between the resale seats on ticketmaster (that IGF seems to disable) and stubhub, I'm sure there'll be tix.  Especially if I go alone, there's always singles.  They also have some very high-priced seats ($200-$400) that often have trouble selling, especially when they come up for resale.

Keep in mind Mosaic holds like a million people.

And the forecast shows Nov 11 as being the coldest day in weeks.  There'll be a lot of fans getting cold feet at the last minute when they see how cold it will be, just like the do in Winnipeg.

I think the harder problem will be getting a hotel room!

So I'll wait.  But if you want 2+ seats together, ya, you might want to lock in your seats earlier.

Holds the same as IGF.
Norlorne Dr.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 12:19:12 PM »

Holds the same as IGF.

Lol, yup.... exactly the same. 

Old member, new account.
Ridermania

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 01:33:41 PM »

There will lots of resale seats available as older fair weather season ticket holders do not attend past mid October.

Heads-up if the game is on Sunday Nov. 18th, Canadian Western Agribition ( Massive Agriculture Event ) starts on Monday Nov. 19th, so hotels will be getting tight.

I have extra tickets available for either date.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 04:19:53 PM »

There will lots of resale seats available as older fair weather season ticket holders do not attend past mid October.

Heads-up if the game is on Sunday Nov. 18th, Canadian Western Agribition ( Massive Agriculture Event ) starts on Monday Nov. 19th, so hotels will be getting tight.

I have extra tickets available for either date.

good to know decent chance I?ll be there if bombers play there

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 02:17:34 AM »

Holds the same as IGF.

Wow.... I guess I never compared the numbers before.  How come the toilet bowl looks so huge on TV, especially the helicopter views?  The ends and corners just seem to go on forever both out and up.

What's causing the optical illusion?  The seats bigger or something?

Weird.
Donny C

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 03:00:25 AM »

I won't make that game...but I am seriously considering going to the Grey Cup.
bamafan1991

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 03:41:02 AM »

I just can't see Calgary losing this game. BC having nothing to play for. Calgary with a bye and home field at stake. Hoping to attend the game in regina as it seems like it will be WSF. Hoping to go with a buddy but will go alone otherwise. Would drive up Sunday morning, leave at 7am, as WSF is almost certainly going to be the 3:30 kick (2:30 in regina, I guess, unless there are daylight savings time impacts). There are a ton of regular priced seats on tv side of upper deck for $73 with fees. And some for $47.50 on the 10 yard line/goal line. Hopefully can find a less expensive air bnb if I decide to go. Went to LDC in 2017 and had a great time (besides the outcome of the game) and this opportunity to see the Bombers win the first playoff game at Mosaic seems too good to pass up.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »

I think BC is a better team than Calgary especially at home. . I think Saskatchewan might get the final. Which doesn't really matter. Would be good if they had a bunch of buses , now with buses not running anymore, must even be be harder to schedule going to games.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:54:15 AM by buckzumhoff » Logged
Norlorne Dr.

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 11:34:09 AM »

Wow.... I guess I never compared the numbers before.  How come the toilet bowl looks so huge on TV, especially the helicopter views?  The ends and corners just seem to go on forever both out and up.

Weird.

Both of our end zones seat people and are 1 "level" high.... at Mosaic, they only routinely seat people in one of the end zones that is 2 "levels" high, which probably makes the stadium look fuller because the end zone you see is higher and fuller - their other end zone is usually empty and is made of brick and only seats people for bigger events.

Old member, new account.
bomb squad

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 12:52:23 PM »

Weird.

Because one end is open.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 12:56:03 PM »

Weird.

There is definitely an illusion that makes it look very big. In addition to Norlene's comments, I also think the lower bowl is larger than ours while their upper deck is smaller, making it look like the upper deck "doubles" a very large lower bowl (but is in fact often covered by the roof, especially for those aerial shots).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:00:19 PM by blue_or_die » Logged
TecnoGenius

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 06:26:07 AM »

Tons'o'tickets for sale on both Ticketmaster and Stubhub.  TM has a zillion "verified resale" tickets up, as well as normal unsold tickets.  Because of the cold this will probably be a buyer's market come Sat & Sun.  I'm going to wait until the last second to snatch a hot deal!

Does anyone know if TM "verified resale" tickets can be sold for above face value?  There are discrepancies in price so they obviously allow sellers to manipulate price in some way.  I know Stubhub they list for whatever price they please, but I think TM has to follow local laws regarding scalping?

Also, their "AGT Club" seats (the ones with free food): can you just buy a ticket and show up or do you have to join some sort of club?  I guess that's like their version of Pinnacle Club (which I've never been to either).
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: