Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:22:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - Playoff Bound Edition  (Read 1544 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2018, 05:13:34 PM »

Bob Irving thinks anyone writing off the Stamps is making a mistake. They still likely finish first, get rested and rarely lose at home.

3 or 4 weeks can make a big difference, if the Stamps get enough players back from injury they could easily make the plays that turn losses into wins, certainly not writing them off they are dangerous.
John T.

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2018, 05:40:34 PM »

Bob Irving thinks anyone writing off the Stamps is making a mistake. They still likely finish first, get rested and rarely lose at home.

I've been saying for the past three years that if the Bombers had played the Stamps in the playoffs, home or away, the Bombers would have beat them - the Calgary choke come early.

Of course there's no way to prove that, because we didn't play them in the playoffs, but every year I felt like the semi-final against Edmonton or BC or whoever was going to be a lot harder than the final against Calgary, and sure enough, we lost the semi-final every year.

I'm still not convinced Calgary can beat us...ever...in the playoffs. If Bombers finish third, I'm a lot more scared of the Riders than the Stamps. If Bombers finish fourth, a Winnipeg-BC Grey Cup wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Unfortunately, BC scares me the most of any team right now.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 05:42:05 PM »

I've been saying for the past three years that if the Bombers had played the Stamps in the playoffs, home or away, the Bombers would have beat them - the Calgary choke come early.

Of course there's no way to prove that, because we didn't play them in the playoffs, but every year I felt like the semi-final against Edmonton or BC or whoever was going to be a lot harder than the final against Calgary, and sure enough, we lost the semi-final every year.

I'm still not convinced Calgary can beat us...ever...in the playoffs. If Bombers finish third, I'm a lot more scared of the Riders than the Stamps. If Bombers finish fourth, a Winnipeg-BC Grey Cup wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Unfortunately, BC scares me the most of any team right now.

I agree B.C. is the most dangerous with Lulay in there.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2018, 05:46:26 PM »

I agree B.C. is the most dangerous with Lulay in there.

I second that! However hard to figure out where Calgary will be when the playoffs start - who gets back and who does not. Riders at home will also be tough if it comes to that. If I had my choice though I would rather play the Riders in the home barn that go into BC Place if it comes to that.
Blue In BC

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2018, 05:48:13 PM »

I second that! However hard to figure out where Calgary will be when the playoffs start - who gets back and who does not. Riders at home will also be tough if it comes to that. If I had my choice though I would rather play the Riders in the home barn that go into BC Place if it comes to that.

I don't think it's possible for Bombers to play WSF at BCP. If Lions finish 2nd we're the crossover team.

No more excuses.
barbk

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 05:56:00 PM »

Good:
Nichols confidence is back, and our O line pretty much protecting him for most of the game.
Our defence holding BLM and Calgary to 56 yards in 3rd quarter.

Bad:
Demski fumbling on return.  Our punt and kick off returns.

Ugly:
Harris dislocating his fingers (Ouch)
Jesse

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2018, 05:58:13 PM »

I don't think it's possible for Bombers to play WSF at BCP. If Lions finish 2nd we're the crossover team.

True beans. We won't play BC unless it's in the Grey Cup.

My wife is amazing!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2018, 06:02:00 PM »

Good

Harris amazing
Nichols solid
Outstanding defensive putting

Bad

$4.85 sold out in entire east upper deck before opening kick off , WOW what a scammy rip off

Ugly

My liver today

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
jeremy q public

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2018, 06:24:43 PM »

- Rogers non-touchdown - it was

Here's the thing though... it wasn't. The TSN guys once again picked a stupid battle with the refs. Hear me out.

There was no camera angle that shows him clearly demonstrating control of the ball as he falls and makes contact with the ground. One thing the commentators seemed to miss is the angle that shows him bobbling the ball as he falls, a split second before he hits the ground. And that is during the time period when he supposedly broke the plane. So, while the shot of him holding the ball while lying on the ground makes it seem like a touchdown, it's not like he caught it, broke the plane, landed, and then a defender knocked it loose. His bobbling of the ball while he was breaking the plane calls into question whether he had sufficient control to have called it a touchdown, even if he had held onto the ball after hitting the ground and getting hit.

Now... maybe the refs would've called it differently if he had held onto that ball, and then maybe the evidence against it wouldn't have been enough for the review to overturn it. That's the nature of the replay... they have to go with the call on the field when the evidence is that controversial. But the fact is that he didn't hold onto the ball, the refs made the call they did, and that call made sense under the intense scrutiny of review, given his bobbling.
Tehedra

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2018, 06:41:24 PM »

Agreed with Jeremy
TBURGESS

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2018, 07:01:25 PM »

Agreed with Jeremy
I agree with ModAdmin.

Being right never gets old.
bomb squad

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 07:12:59 PM »

They're a virtual lock for first. They either back in today with a BC win, or if Sask wins, BC plays a soft lineup against them the week after. 
kkc60

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2018, 08:32:49 PM »

Another ugly after re-watching: Kevin Fogg. The guy just got beat up on
blue girl

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2018, 08:55:53 PM »

The Good
We're in the playoffs and will have a winning record for 3 years in a row.
The Offence
The Defence

The Bad
Our kick returners.

The Ugly
Absolutely nothing
TecnoGenius

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2018, 10:23:50 PM »

Where was Sarah?

Fog makes her hair all frizzy?   Cheesy

This fog is annoying. I'm here in San Diego watching with others. What is going on that is causing the fog?

Weather?  Grin

Kidding aside: it rained all day and then the temp dipped to 6C then back up to near 8C, letting all that moisture lift back up into the air.  Doesn't help that the wind was from the south, and south of IGF is a massive field.  It's like fog coming up off the Scottish moors.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: