Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 05:22:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposal to build stadium in Halifax: report from Dave Naylor  (Read 1589 times)
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2018, 06:43:32 PM »

How can they have a naming contest for the Atlantic Schooners?  Its already a done deal...

Kinda hope not. IMO that name sounds pretty wussy. Not a fan.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2018, 07:24:32 PM »

How can they have a naming contest for the Atlantic Schooners?  Its already a done deal...

As to building a stadium, look at the turnaround on Mosaic and IGF, vs. TD Place and Tim Hortons.  They can easily erect a stadium in 2 years, even less if they need to.  This is not going to be a Mosais or IGF, it is going to be a bare bones facility seating 20-24k max

I wonder, can they save a ton of money buying used seats from a stadium that is coming down somewhere?  Like CanadInns, when it came down there were thousands of perfectly good seats that went into the landfill... 

Most times they do these sorts of things to gauge interest more than to get ideas. If they get an "idea" close to what they're thinking already and the market research supports it maybe it's a cool story but that's normally the extent of it. They're doing this in conjunction with a ticket drive and both things are primarily designed to gauge interest.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2018, 08:52:56 PM »

How about:

Bluenosers?
Codkissers?
Screechers?
theaardvark

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2018, 09:14:21 PM »

Kinda hope not. IMO that name sounds pretty wussy. Not a fan.

They've been using it for years... 

I think we are missing a very Canadian moment here...  Why are "Argonauts" and "Rough Riders" not among the options... Wink

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jesse

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2018, 09:18:12 PM »

Good question but I read that if things go according to plan, they would start in the 2021 season.

Probably ambitious to have a stadium built by then, but maybe they could play at a CIS field with temp stands until it's ready.

I think two years is realistic to build a stadium. So if they get funding approved within the next 6 months, that can happen. If we're beginning next season, and there's still debates occurring over where money is coming from, 2022 becomes the earliest.

IMO.

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2018, 09:20:46 PM »

They've been using it for years... 

I think we are missing a very Canadian moment here...  Why are "Argonauts" and "Rough Riders" not among the options... Wink

A team in the maritimes have not been using that moniker. It?s a group of fans.

I?m a big fan of Atlantic Armada (including it?s fan-illustrated logo and colour scheme) with Maritime Marauders a close second (although not a fan of the proposed logo for that, and it also is a bit too close to the Argonauts)

Epic battle between Jason The Argonaut and Marty The Marauder mascots?!
theaardvark

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2018, 10:23:41 PM »

A team in the maritimes have not been using that moniker. It?s a group of fans.

A "group of fans"? They are the grassroot "fans" who have been begging for a team forever, attending every Grey Cup for I don't know how long, hosting epic kitchen parties, serving up Lobster Rolls and Keiths.  Far more than a group of fans, they've been selling merch and have a website:
http://www.atlanticschooners.ca/about-us/

Their motto?

The Atlantic Schooners are the only professional sports team to be awarded a franchise and never play a single game?..Thus our motto   Still Un-Defeated

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2018, 10:45:53 PM »

A "group of fans"? They are the grassroot "fans" who have been begging for a team forever, attending every Grey Cup for I don't know how long, hosting epic kitchen parties, serving up Lobster Rolls and Keiths.  Far more than a group of fans, they've been selling merch and have a website:
http://www.atlanticschooners.ca/about-us/

Their motto?

The Atlantic Schooners are the only professional sports team to be awarded a franchise and never play a single game?..Thus our motto   Still Un-Defeated

Still not a real team with skin in the game.
RebusRankin

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2018, 10:58:31 PM »

I'd say 2022. Gives you three years to build a stadium. Still want to see a legit financing plan for the stadium and an ownership group that has money (Leblanc doesn't have a lot of $).
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2018, 03:01:59 PM »

If it?s anything but Schooners it would be sad occurrence. Interesting to see how the ticket drive goes?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
trapper

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2018, 03:59:24 PM »

If it?s anything but Schooners it would be sad occurrence. Interesting to see how the ticket drive goes?

yip.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2018, 04:28:37 PM »

If the new league down south takes hold, where will quality players come from? The current CFL9 will have difficulty with rosters, let alone if they add a 10th.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
Jesse

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2018, 04:31:04 PM »

If the new league down south takes hold, where will quality players come from? The current CFL9 will have difficulty with rosters, let alone if they add a 10th.

Meh. I tend to disagree with that. There are thousands upon thousands of players coming out of college every year. We might get them younger.

My wife is amazing!
GCn18

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2018, 04:33:10 PM »

They are due a new one BUT what takes place there in the Winter Games? Opening and Closing. Has to be more reason than that I would think.

You forget hockey and figure skating?

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: