Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2018, 02:30:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Game day experience  (Read 1348 times)
Rider fan4life

« on: October 13, 2018, 11:49:18 PM »

I wanted to start this out with I know every team has there bad apples but this was my experience

I am a rider fan just attended the rider bomber game. While I didn?t have a great experience with several fans.
While i was at the game. I had a few people behind me with there bells. This wasn?t the issue. However the issue started when I was cheering( which wasn?t often) when the riders did something good. I was being being degraded. A guy behind me than started telling al lady he was with to start using the bell within inches of my ear. Over and over for the better part of the second half( to the point where I had to leave the game early because of a severe headache.

While trying to exit had several fans making fun of me for trying to leave.
There was a fella at the staircase dressed in gold with gold face paint who would not let me leave. I had to literally move him out of my way.

I am all for sportsmanship. And I would like to extend a congrats to the bombers who were def in a must win games

However. The cockiness I received was unreal. Look at the standings. Riders are still ahead.

This was the worst experience
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 12:03:51 AM »

that's too bad

sounds pretty normal for some and extreme as well

I had a Rider fan want to fight me in Regina, didn't ruin it for me

I razzed Sask fans but didn't go crazy with it, more fun bugging that anything

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TBURGESS

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 12:12:39 AM »

There are idiots in every stadium. Sorry you met some of ours.

Being right never gets old.
Buck Nasty

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 12:12:55 AM »

Sad
bomb squad

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 12:58:01 AM »

I wanted to start this out with I know every team has there bad apples but this was my experience

I am a rider fan just attended the rider bomber game. While I didn?t have a great experience with several fans.
While i was at the game. I had a few people behind me with there bells. This wasn?t the issue. However the issue started when I was cheering( which wasn?t often) when the riders did something good. I was being being degraded. A guy behind me than started telling al lady he was with to start using the bell within inches of my ear. Over and over for the better part of the second half( to the point where I had to leave the game early because of a severe headache.

There was a fella at the staircase dressed in gold with gold face paint who would not let me leave. I had to literally move him out of my way.

I am all for sportsmanship. And I would like to extend a congrats to the bombers who were def in a must win games

However. The cockiness I received was unreal. Look at the standings. Riders are still ahead.

I wonder who that was?
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 01:34:13 AM »

Sorry you had a bad experience. My section had a super fun time with our Rider fans.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
bwiser

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 01:42:43 AM »

I had a friend that was jumped by three Rider fans in Regina.One of them hit his girlfriend.There are jerks in every stadium in North America.We, the real Bomber fans apologize to you and any other Rider fan who was abused.Please try to remember in the end it is a game and yes it is fun to kid each others fans, but at the end of the game it is time for handshakes and maybe buy a drink for each other.
camken

Go Devils!

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 01:57:24 AM »

Hey Riderfan.
Sorry you had this experience. This is by no means the attitude /behaviour of the majority of Bomber fans. I have to say, however, I was @ the Bomber/Lion game here in August & I was disgusted with the Loogins in our area.
Consequently, I haven?t been back to a game & will likely never go back...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:23:27 AM by ModAdmin » Logged

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
― Dr. Seuss
Pigskin

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 02:28:02 AM »

I think there's a lot of bomber fans that would like to fight you in Winnipeg.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 02:28:09 AM »

Sorry Rider fan....not cool when crap like that happens....Bomber fans are as a whole pretty civilized however you encountered one of them there knuckledraggers!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
In Motion

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 02:32:42 AM »

Sorry rider fan. You should be left alone to watch the game.
Personally, I would have gone to a security person to complain
rather than leave the game.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 02:59:48 AM »

Sorry your experience was ruined by garbage fans. Sadly, those trashy types are everywhere.

Did you attempt to notify security/stadium personnel at the time?

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
heatherleigh

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2018, 04:03:15 AM »

I have been to games in almost all stadiums and haven?t received a worse reception than in Regina. Usually rivalries can be fun; lighthearted chirping that ends up in discussions over beers. Yes, you can meet unsavoury people anywhere, but whether at their the stadium, on the street or in their limited restaurants or bars, the Riders fans have been crude, obnoxious and/or very degrading. Unprovoked, I was called everything under the sun just for wearing blue. Although I go to almost all Grey Cup and have loved the interaction with all CFL fans, I will not go back Regina.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 04:26:53 AM by heatherleigh » Logged
Bombers9256

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2018, 04:51:25 AM »

Sorry dude that really sucks. That is totally unacceptable and I'm truly embarrassed on behalf of these fans. You are our prairie brothers and not only that, when you attend IGF you support our stadium and the CFL, without which we wouldn't have a team. I truly hope you don't have this experience again.

#fortheW
Cheesebuster

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2018, 06:31:36 AM »

Did you ever ask him to stop ringing the bell in your ear? I think some people just get too into the moment having fun and don't think about how they're actually being a jerk. I've had it happen before and after I politely tell them to knock it off that's been the end of it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: