NFL 2018-19 season thread

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 11, 2018, 02:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: ModAdmin on February 04, 2019, 02:12:10 AM
Pretty boring game.

While I agree it was a snoozefest, one can appreciate the impressive defensive performances by both teams.

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 04, 2019, 12:15:57 PM
My word that was the worst Super Bowl I've ever watched.

P.S. That UR on the Rams early in the game when it would have put Brady at 3st & 20ish was highly annoying and a bit suspect.  Notice the near complete lack of replays (a theme throughout the game).  Even the booth guys were speechless until they made up some nonsense.  Nearly the same hit by the Patriots later in the game was left uncalled.  Glad to know the CFL wouldn't have called that UR... even if Loffler had done it.

My word, that's a sodium-filled post.

And FTR, the hits were not the same. And neither Nantz nor Romo were left speechless by it or "made up some nonsense" after it occurred.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Sir Blue and Gold

I enjoyed it. Wasn't what I was expecting but not every SuperBowl is going to be 41-33. Too bad the Rams couldn't move the ball a bit more but you've got to hand it to Belichick. He was the real MVP. I've spent years cheering against Brady, Belichick and the Patriots but you have to bow down to their greatness. They are the best that ever was.

Stretch

Quote from: ModAdmin on February 04, 2019, 02:12:10 AM
Pretty boring game.

I'm sure Bob Cameron quite enjoyed watching it.  ;)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

BlueInCgy

I rarely watch NFL football during the regular season, but usually watch the SB.  Agree on the boring side, it was tough to watch.  That being said, NE was all over Goff for the better part of the game, so good on them for that.

I really can't stand the NFL rules surrounding kicking/punting.  You don't realize how much you actually pay attention to the return game, until there is none.  Might as well just use random number generators to determine the starting LOS after 4th down.

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on January 15, 2019, 06:14:11 PM
So Zac Taylor is the front runner to be the Bengals new HC...he backed up Kliff Kingsbury (new AZ HC) who backed up Ryan Dinwiddie in the 2007 Grey Cup...And i didn't know this until today that he is Mike Sherman's (Als HC) son in law..

There it is...both of Dinwiddies backups in the 2007 Grey cup are NFL head coaches.  Not a bad progression in 12 years for both of those guys.

Pigskin

Brady didn't look sharp. Looked a lot like Peyton when he won his last Super Bowl.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on February 05, 2019, 04:15:38 PM
Brady didn't look sharp. Looked a lot like Peyton when he won his last Super Bowl.

Definitely didn't look that bad.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Didn't look that good. He was Okay at best.  NE's D won that game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on February 05, 2019, 09:35:14 PM
Didn't look that good. He was Okay at best.  NE's D won that game.

Yeah, those passes to Edelman and Gronkowski were pretty lousy, eh. Especially that pass to #87 that set up the go-ahead and ultimately winning TD.

You may want to give credit to the Rams' D, too. They made Brady work for every play. Both defenses were pretty unreal on Sunday.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.