NFL 2018-19 season thread

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 11, 2018, 02:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Quote from: theaardvark on January 21, 2019, 05:50:23 PM
It's not that bad calls were made, it is more when they were made.  Late in games, and in OTF (off the field) situations.  Drive extenders. 

I can see pooh poohing a bad call early in the game, but such blatant miscalls when the game is on the line, it is crushing.  The superbowl should be Saints - Chiefs except for officiating.

You can make a case for the Saints being jobbed by the bad call but not the Chiefs - on the INT they were clearly lined up offside.  OT rules and the fact they let the Pats drive the field in OT cost them that game.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on January 21, 2019, 06:34:22 PM
You can make a case for the Saints being jobbed by the bad call but not the Chiefs - on the INT they were clearly lined up offside.  OT rules and the fact they let the Pats drive the field in OT cost them that game.

This. The OT rules in the NFL are crap but the Chiefs' defense did nothing to stop that opening drive in OT. They lost that game fair and square. Anyone trying to say they got jobbed by the officials didn't watch the game.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: The Zipp on January 21, 2019, 06:34:22 PM

There was a drive extending phantom RTP that would have tilted the field the other way...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on January 21, 2019, 08:53:42 PM
There was a drive extending phantom RTP that would have tilted the field the other way...

And there was a missed pick play on a Chiefs' drive that resulted in a TD for them. And yet, you're not whining about that one.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: theaardvark on January 21, 2019, 08:53:42 PM

Not sure if that extended the drive or not, can't remember the down...there were calls missed for both teams and for the record I hate the Patriots so not biased for them in any way.

Pigskin

There was actually two pick plays that the Ref's missed. Both in the 4th quarter and both on KC.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 21, 2019, 09:13:54 PM
And there was a missed pick play on a Chiefs' drive that resulted in a TD for them. And yet, you're not whining about that one.
That pick play was redonkulous!!! C mon refs , ya got to call the obvious!!! Ridiculous to let them get away with it

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 21, 2019, 07:46:06 PM
This. The OT rules in the NFL are crap but the Chiefs' defense did nothing to stop that opening drive in OT. They lost that game fair and square. Anyone trying to say they got jobbed by the officials didn't watch the game.
It is a conspiracy that is pro Patriots and pro Rams!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Missed or incorrect calls are always a bad thing. In this case it literally cost a Super Bowl appearance. Someone on the crew reffing should be fired.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 22, 2019, 06:47:52 PM
Missed or incorrect calls are always a bad thing. In this case it literally cost a Super Bowl appearance. Someone on the crew reffing should be fired.
YOUR FIRED!

From being on the All star playoff crew to being fired. Tough business.

dd

It was so sad, with todays technology and the fact that it was crystal clear to everyone with even half a brain and eye sight, that this was a total foul, yet, it stood. No challenge process, no appeal from the 'command centre', nothing. Just sit back and take that crap call. Unbelieveably dark ages in game administration. No doubt the rules change and allow for the obvious to be called. We in the CFL complain when we have to burn a challenge to challenge the dead obvious...heck, Payton didn't even have that option!! I don't know how he didn't choke out the nearest official. That definitely cost them the game, and that's just sad and so unfair when something like this happens--a team that doesn't deserve to get into the big game, does.

blue_gold_84

I'm sure there'll be a strong case for coaches' challenges to add in PI for next season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

31-17 Pats

Brady MVP

See you next year!

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on February 04, 2019, 02:12:10 AM
Pretty boring game.

My word that was the worst Super Bowl I've ever watched.  The worst Grey Cup ever was 5X more exciting than that waste of time.  And they even have 1 extra down, and they still can't move the ball?  Pfffft.

And I usually love D games like that.  But something needs to happen in the 2nd half on O.  Rams were supposed to have this vaunted O and it was their D that kept them in the game and gave them a chance.  Kind of like WPG in '18 WF.  At some point the O has to produce.  I really feel sorry for the Rams D, on the field most of the game, holding the line even while bushed.  (Except that DB on Edelman, who made Roc#4 look like Delvin Breaux.)

I was already primed to hate the game since it was once again the make-me-barf Patriots... but I never expected it to be that horrible.  I'd take the aggravating rigged Falcons SB loss over this snorefest any day.

Can we just once have a SB without NE in it?  And for that matter, a GC without CGY?  Pretty please?  Just think of how exciting a Chiefs/Saints SB would have been!!

Can't wait for the CFL season to start so I can start watching some real football.

P.S. That UR on the Rams early in the game when it would have put Brady at 3st & 20ish was highly annoying and a bit suspect.  Notice the near complete lack of replays (a theme throughout the game).  Even the booth guys were speechless until they made up some nonsense.  Nearly the same hit by the Patriots later in the game was left uncalled.  Glad to know the CFL wouldn't have called that UR... even if Loffler had done it.
Never go full Rider!