NFL 2018-19 season thread

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 11, 2018, 02:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

So Zac Taylor is the front runner to be the Bengals new HC...he backed up Kliff Kingsbury (new AZ HC) who backed up Ryan Dinwiddie in the 2007 Grey Cup...And i didn't know this until today that he is Mike Sherman's (Als HC) son in law..

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 15, 2019, 12:29:18 AM
Why did you quote me? I didn't ask you that question. Pay attention.
The  quote button comes up as a question mark in postings. Must be forum glitch as I do not have this issue anywhere else and I see it happen with many others. I will reply to anyone I bloody well want.

Conference final picks

Pats
Saints

Tom terrific!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

WHAT A GAME!!!

NFL Officials are the worst - wow, wow

Blue In BC

How was that NOT a PI with 1:40 left???? It cost the Saints the game. There was an earlier non call for PI on the same Ram DB.

Also thought there was a face mask missed on Goff on the regulation FG drive to tie.

And people complain about refs in the CFL. Refs in the NFL make critical mistakes as well.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bomb squad

The CFL?s got it right on replay review of interference.

Knocker42

Worst missed call I've seen in a while.  Cost NO the game.

dd

For those who criticize the cfl and it?s officials?-worst call ever made today?-the dead obvious pass interference call that the refs never had the nads to call. Boo!!!!! And no way to challenge that ?!?! The saints were robbed and perhaps the illustrious, prestigious booker than thou N F of L can learn something from the cfl and allow coaches to challenge such a pathetic and costly non call. Total bush league!!

The Zipp

Coin flip...

KC brings zero pressure. 

ModAdmin

KC couldn't stop NE when it counted the most.  Combination of Brady being on the money with his passes and KC unable to stop him.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on January 21, 2019, 02:14:17 AM
Coin flip...

KC brings zero pressure. 

To add to the discussion re: horribleness of NFL officiating, throw in their dumb OT rules as well.

For the record, I was cheering for the Rams and Pats, where the league benefited them. Could not help but laugh and shake my head during both games.

Bush league. Makes me grateful for the CFL.
#Ride?

Sir Blue and Gold

Fantastic championship weekend! Two OT games? Neither felt like OT games at half time. Was hoping for Andy Reid but Tom is Tom. Felt bad for the Saints -- tough way to lose after the blown PI call. For all the grief we give the CFL at times, they've got two things right that were glaring yesterday: a proper OT format and PI challenge. Not sure what is a bigger outrage: the fact that Showtime and the Chiefs offense didn't get to play in OT or the fact that the Rams won after one of the worst blown calls in recent memory.

Pigskin

Sorry but the ref. that missed that call should be FIRED. Terrible.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Wow, phantom RTP on Brady, blatant PI on the Rams, both go on to win in OT games that should have ended the other way in regulation.  PI / RTP challenge in the CFL is better. 

NFL OT sucks as well... CFL OT is kinda odd, but it makes sense.  Both teams get a chance to win, while the coin flip is an advantage, it is not as big an advantage as in the NFL...

CFL > NFL 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

I didn't watch either game in it's entirety. However in each game there were obvious missed called, bogus calls and " what the heck " situations.

Not disputing we have similar things happen in the CFL but at least some are corrected via the challenge process.

I'd like to see them go back to 2 challenges instead of one only. Perhaps 3 was too many but it's clear that refs miss calls and I'd rather get it right than save a few minutes of viewing time.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

It's not that bad calls were made, it is more when they were made.  Late in games, and in OTF (off the field) situations.  Drive extenders. 

I can see pooh poohing a bad call early in the game, but such blatant miscalls when the game is on the line, it is crushing.  The superbowl should be Saints - Chiefs except for officiating.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.