NFL 2018-19 season thread

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 11, 2018, 02:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 20, 2018, 03:47:03 AM
This game is bonkers!!

It's a cfl game with more hype and better players...(no offence to the CFL meant)

The Zipp

Questionable clock management when you have gurley

GOLDMEMBER

Amazing game one of the best ever witnessed. It had it all!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Old Rusty

KC vs. LAR -> an instant classic.

Its too bad that someone had to lose.  I can't recall any QB ever *losing* a game with 6 td passes.  Poor Mahomes.

But those three INTs are gonna sting.
As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

Colton

Quote from: The Zipp on November 19, 2018, 10:32:07 PM
How about these facts (referring to the gruesome injury Alex smith had yesterday). From gill Brandt's Twitter:

Some strange similarities between Alex Smith's injury and Joe Thiesmann's 33 years earlier:

>Same date: Nov. 18
>Same score: 23-21
>Same yards/att: 5.0
>Injured leg: Right
>Injuries: Broken tibia, fibula
>Injured on 3rd sack of game
>Both injuries at 40-yard line
>Both at hands of NFL's only 3x DPOY winners (L.T., Watt)

**Romeo Crennel on sideline for both games

Washington is gonna have a tough time signing a starting QB in 2051

Norlorne Dr.

Kareem Hunt released by Chiefs after the TMZ domestic violence video is released.  I am wondering how other teams will view this.  The video of Ray Rice ended his career, but Hunt is younger and in his prime.... I am wondering if any teams will be calling.

The Zipp

Quote from: Norlorne Dr. on December 01, 2018, 02:07:06 PM
Kareem Hunt released by Chiefs after the TMZ domestic violence video is released.  I am wondering how other teams will view this.  The video of Ray Rice ended his career, but Hunt is younger and in his prime.... I am wondering if any teams will be calling.

He will play again - but not for a while IMO...

So many questions and so much inconsistency between incidents and players and punishments in the NFL.

Just a mess - these players have to stop this cycle 

Norlorne Dr.

Quote from: The Zipp on December 01, 2018, 02:40:10 PM
He will play again - but not for a while IMO...

So many questions and so much inconsistency between incidents and players and punishments in the NFL.

Just a mess - these players have to stop this cycle 

From rotoworld -

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio considers the Eagles a candidate to claim Kareem Hunt off waivers.
Hunt is facing a lengthy suspension under the Personal Conduct Policy, but his release from the Chiefs was trust-related after he lied to the team back in February. Unlike Ray Rice, Hunt's a cost controlled superstar in the prime of his career that's going to be cleared to play at some point. Signed through 2020, there's upside in stashing Hunt for teams that are willing to take the PR hit. Hunt has Ohio ties and was drafted by Browns GM John Dorsey in Kansas City. Washington, Baltimore, and Tampa are all running back needy teams that could also have interest.

The Zipp

Does today's performance finally get McCarthy fired in Green Bay ?  Sure looks like Rodgers just wants him gone..

Mason Crosby will be looking dor employment at some point too...Green Bay is a mess and I love it !!

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on December 02, 2018, 09:31:47 PM
Does today's performance finally get McCarthy fired in Green Bay ?  Sure looks like Rodgers just wants him gone..

Mason Crosby will be looking dor employment at some point too...Green Bay is a mess and I love it !!

Called it. 

Norlorne Dr.

Quote from: The Zipp on December 02, 2018, 11:11:02 PM
Called it. 

This was a long time in the making.  McCarthy made terrible decisions and used old schemes for far too long.  Should have been fired after last season.  I am actually surprised though that they let him go mid-season.  Packers season is a write-off and I doubt Joe Philbin is going to accomplish anything for the rest of the season.

Jesse

Quote from: Norlorne Dr. on December 03, 2018, 09:59:27 AM
This was a long time in the making.  McCarthy made terrible decisions and used old schemes for far too long.  Should have been fired after last season.  I am actually surprised though that they let him go mid-season.  Packers season is a write-off and I doubt Joe Philbin is going to accomplish anything for the rest of the season.

Just a wasted season for them in Rodgers' age-35 season. Should have found a new HC last year.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: Colton on November 22, 2018, 09:26:21 PM
Washington is gonna have a tough time signing a starting QB in 2051

Never mind 2051 -   Colt McCoy is done with a broken leg now too. 

SAAAAAAAAANCHEZ!!!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp