Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2018, 11:57:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Riders release Duron Carter  (Read 9695 times)
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2018, 11:18:07 PM »

A very curious move indeed. Maybe he had disagreements with Jones and both just decided the best was to part ways.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2018, 11:23:44 PM »

Sure hope he plays soon
Fun to watch

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2018, 12:18:44 AM »

Sure hope he plays soon
Fun to watch

Not me he is a loser good riddance. He has run out of chances in this league.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2018, 12:33:24 AM »

My huge fear was Mike Reilly having Carter to toss 50/50 balls to so very glad to her they aren't interested.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2018, 12:47:56 AM »

A very curious move indeed. Maybe he had disagreements with Jones and both just decided the best was to part ways.

Maybe he called Jones "worse-GM ever"  Grin
trapper

« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2018, 01:02:05 AM »

For what it is worth the Rider fans are generally pissed on the release from going 8 pages deep on there topic thread. They seem just as they mad that got nothing in return then just the fact he is gone.

They are most pissed no reason was given on why he was released.

This says it all right here ...from Pedersen...

Rider fans need to get off Chris Jones? back. The way this ended is a familiar story for Duron. Jones coached him to his only MVP season last year. Duron needs to look at himself and realize everyone else isn?t the problem. Jones has been Duron?s biggest supporter. https://t.co/uSMXMlIwpA

Colton

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2018, 01:30:32 AM »

Rider fans need to get off Chris Jones? back. The way this ended is a familiar story for Duron. Jones coached him to his only MVP season last year. Duron needs to look at himself and realize everyone else isn?t the problem. Jones has been Duron?s biggest supporter. https://t.co/uSMXMlIwpA

Being forced to play DB all season... someone else was absolutely the problem.

I really hope Chris Jones is never fired because that team is doomed with him within a hundred mile radius of them.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2018, 01:36:19 AM »

Being forced to play DB all season... someone else was absolutely the problem.

I really hope Chris Jones is never fired because that team is doomed with him within a hundred mile radius of them.
amen

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2018, 01:39:09 AM »

LOL what a great source. Biggest homer reporter on the country. GOOD! GO AHEAD let Hot Rod spew that swill. Let the Riders fans hang on his every word. No problem from here in Blue Bomber land.

The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2018, 02:05:58 AM »

Uncoachable comes to mind - I don't like Jones one bit and think he has some huge flaws but Duron has proven what he is over and over again...he can't last on a team and somehow finds trouble in some way shape or form... I would imagine Jones wishes he did this sooner. 

Duron will not change
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2018, 02:10:04 AM »

Uncoachable comes to mind - I don't like Jones one bit and think he has some huge flaws but Duron has proven what he is over and over again...he can't last on a team and somehow finds trouble in some way shape or form... I would imagine Jones wishes he did this sooner. 

Duron will not change

Bottom line they are both idiots. Jones is the bigger idiot for signing him in the first place.

the paw

« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2018, 02:22:31 AM »

I think they were able to keep Carter productive last year, because Jones was willing to meet with him daily, and because Kevin Glenn is a calm, coolheaded veteran who can command some respect in the huddle.

I don?t know why Jones stopped the daily affirmations, but I am convinced that Carters stint as a DB came about as a way to keep his mouth off of the offence when it became clear that Bridge was going to have the reins.  When the inevitable switch back to offence was necessary, McAdoo just wasn?t going to tolerate being critiqued in public by one of his players.

I don?t know if Carter will land somewhere to finish the season, but just in case, I hope it isn?t BC.

grab grass 'n growl
theaardvark

« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2018, 03:53:36 AM »

Carter isn't going to make a difference to any team behind us, and isn't being considered by anyone ahead of us...  so he's a non issue...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2018, 04:14:47 AM »

Jeff Hamilton says zero chance the Bombers sign Carter

Good.  If DC signs in WPG, I will quit being a BB fan!

Pretty sure Carter initially played DB because there was an NFL team who was interested in possibly playing him there but wanted some video of him there first, and the Riders accommodate that. Could be wrong but I seem to recall that.

Ya, I'm pretty sure DC had a big say in switching to defence.  I always thought it was his idea.  We may never know the true story behind it.  But to say Carter was 100% against being a DB and Jones forced him there is ridiculous.  There must have been interest on both sides.  DC's ego wanted to prove that he could play any speed position.

Assuming the problem isn't upcoming legal issues, I still think DC signs in MTL with a massive pay cut.  It's that or the highway to nobodysville.

I just hope Manziel's butt is nailed to the wagon now, otherwise DC is gonna drag him down off of it in the sin city of Canada.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2018, 11:13:38 AM »

My favourite part about this is thus far is that up until last week, riderfans take on Duron's run ins with airport security + weed = What's the big deal, it's legal soon everyone does it, cops in Winnipeg were clearly Bomber fans.

Now, Duron's run ins with airport security + weed = Degenerate criminal, quite possibly one of the largest drug kingpins Canada has ever seen, his only hope is Netflix makes a series about him after some hard time in jail.

(Clearly I jest a little, however, most posters have yanked the e-brake and made a hard turn)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: