Blue Bombers Forum
June 17, 2019, 12:55:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallys World @ Greasey Lumberjacks  (Read 2303 times)
dd

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2018, 04:41:33 PM »

On the fake by the BC kicker on contact that never occurred, this is akin to diving in hockey, there should be an unsportsmanlike like penalty associated with it. This isn't soccer, don't fake injuries. Also, A team should get its challenge back if it's a successful challenge as all you've done is correct what the boobs in stripes incorrectly called and you shouldn't be punished for doing this. You should get 1 unsuccessful challenge per game and it shouldn't affect your timeouts
Blue In BC

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2018, 04:42:44 PM »

On the fake by the BC kicker on contact that never occurred, this is akin to diving in hockey, there should be an unsportsmanlike like penalty associated with it. This isn't soccer, don't fake injuries. Also, A team should get its challenge back if it's a successful challenge as all you've done is correct what the boobs in stripes incorrectly called and you shouldn't be punished for doing this. You should get 1 unsuccessful challenge per game and it shouldn't affect your timeouts

Agree on all counts.

No more excuses.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2018, 05:08:22 PM »

Long definitely gets the Neymar Award for 2018. Hard to top that embarrassing display.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
bomb squad

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2018, 07:02:07 PM »

It would be interesting to find it if they could have called it. If so, I don't know why they didn't.
bowlerdude

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2018, 07:21:06 PM »

Lulay was right: the ball was snapped on time.  Assuming the timeclock on the TSN score-bar was correct, I ran it in freeze frame and the ball starts moving 1 frame before the clock goes 00.  That's 1/30 of a second on time.  I am shocked and appalled the video review official didn't overturn that.  Isn't that one of the jobs he has?  That said, not sure Lulay makes the TD throw there anyhow.  Considering how important that timecount was, I would have liked to see TSN replay it with the split-screen with the actual on-field playclock in the shot, like they sometimes do.  They should provide guidance on how "off" the call on the field has to be before they'll overturn it.  TSN getting lazy with replays this year: did some NFL directors defect up here?

Is that something they can actually review? They don't ever call time count violation as soon as the clock hits 0s anyway, they always give a little grace period... and they called that one at an important time when it wasn't even late. I guess it's a break for us, so we'll take it.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2018, 05:40:14 AM »

Is that something they can actually review? They don't ever call time count violation as soon as the clock hits 0s anyway, they always give a little grace period... and they called that one at an important time when it wasn't even late. I guess it's a break for us, so we'll take it.

I googled everything I could think of and I can't find an official list of what the "video review official"'s duties are.  Is this actually written down somewhere?

I did find some news articles about the changes when they brought the VRO in, and timecount issues are not listed in there.  So maybe timecount can't be VRO'd, and we know it can't be coach-challenged.  So BC was screwed.  It looks like if a ref wants to fix a game, just call a bogus timecount when they get to the 1s mark, which happens often for visitors.

They should add timecount to the official list of VRO duties in the off-season!!  Heck, do it now, Mr. mid-season-Ambrosie!

That said, like you guys said, we'll take it as WPG fans, as anything that hurts BC only helps us!  How many times have BB been shafted by inept or, uh questionably-motivated refs?  I'll take it.  (Anyone remember the illegal formation rip-off vs CGY 2 years ago? Yes, I'm still mad about that one.  Yes, I still maintain it was no "mistake".)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: