Blue Bombers Forum
August 23, 2019, 04:44:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallys World @ Greasey Lumberjacks  (Read 2815 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« on: July 20, 2018, 10:41:26 PM »

Can Lulu throw the  foo foo

Can Harris still play HAIRY?

Game thread discuss....

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 10:43:18 PM »

Well Long sucks long ones.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 10:44:56 PM »

Come on Harry wake the heck up this week.

Run the ball to Bill Powell!

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 10:48:00 PM »

Spenser is not on the drugs today by the looks of things.

In Motion

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:51:44 PM »

Finally, a CFL coach with the brains to take the points.
Campbell.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 10:59:17 PM by In Motion » Logged
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 10:52:39 PM »

Finally, a CFL coach with the brains to take the points.
Lancaster.

Amen

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 10:53:13 PM »

Reinbolds hair looks good again

In Motion

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 11:04:37 PM »

Finally, a CFL coach with the brains to call a straight-ahead QB plunge on third and inches.
Campbell.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 11:06:43 PM »

Is it just me or is Odell gotta be he one of the dumbest players in the league?

What the hell was he doing on the RBs bench chumming it up?

lenny

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 11:21:59 PM »

Lulay when healthy demonstrates why he is one of the best QBs .That TD pass was perfect.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 11:34:36 PM »

Designed run for Fujardo Rod? Duh

Yes Rod designed run you idiot.

bombernate

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 01:11:58 AM »

Is it me or is Rod Black calling Harris Lulay?
elder

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 01:13:05 AM »

Harris is awful!  He threw that last ball right to the B.C. player.  Fortunately for him, he couldn't catch it.
Dodge and Burn

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2018, 01:24:27 AM »

Ive counted three times he called Harris, Lulay.

It's not the violin, it's the violinist
lenny

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2018, 01:29:37 AM »

It's not just you.
lenny

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2018, 01:30:54 AM »

Lulay big throw to Arceneaux
bomb squad

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2018, 01:39:33 AM »

great game!
bomb squad

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2018, 01:42:59 AM »

Bring on the defence. Bring on the crowd.
In Motion

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2018, 01:47:42 AM »

Ottawa taking FGs instead of gambling in the Red Zone in the 1st quarter
worked out pretty well for them, now didn't it.  It made the difference.
Very exciting game!
elder

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2018, 01:49:31 AM »

Fortunately the Lions defense folded at just the right time.  That was an amazing catch by Ellingson.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2018, 02:17:48 AM »

great game to watch a blessing we have Canadian ball

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2018, 02:28:11 AM »

great game to watch a blessing we have Canadian ball

Indeed

Rod Blacks did us a favour

pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2018, 02:30:59 AM »

manny show is back

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Big Daddy

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2018, 02:48:54 AM »

Ive counted three times he called Harris, Lulay.

I caught that as well.  Never corrected himself, and Forde simply went on talking about Harris as if nothing happened.  It?s like he realizes Black is dementing, and not wanting to draw attention. 
swansong

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2018, 03:57:27 AM »

It?s like he realizes Black is dementing, and not wanting to draw attention. 

Forde has more broadcasting sense than Black. You always move forward. Most people aren't paying that close of attention to what's being said. Moving backwards to point out an error like that simply brings it to the attention of a bunch of people that missed it. I do hope he pointed it out to him during a break though.

Black really is quite awful
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2018, 04:22:07 AM »

Fortunately the Lions defense folded at just the right time.  That was an amazing catch by Ellingson.

Absolutely incredible! And part of the drive that got them back in front to win it, too.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2018, 06:18:55 AM »

Pretty good game.  Blackreds sure stunk it up for 3Q though.  Man they looked just like WPG in the 2nd half in our @BC game.  Nothing they did worked on D.  O stunk.

But lo and behold the BC coordinators adjusted, and the team leaders woke up the team, and they actually put together drives.  Lo and behold they started fixating on what worked: Sinopoli.

That Ellingson catch was gobsmackingly astounding.  Gave a hoot at the screen for that one.  He made up for his horrid horrid night with that one game-saver.

Lulay was right: the ball was snapped on time.  Assuming the timeclock on the TSN score-bar was correct, I ran it in freeze frame and the ball starts moving 1 frame before the clock goes 00.  That's 1/30 of a second on time.  I am shocked and appalled the video review official didn't overturn that.  Isn't that one of the jobs he has?  That said, not sure Lulay makes the TD throw there anyhow.  Considering how important that timecount was, I would have liked to see TSN replay it with the split-screen with the actual on-field playclock in the shot, like they sometimes do.  They should provide guidance on how "off" the call on the field has to be before they'll overturn it.  TSN getting lazy with replays this year: did some NFL directors defect up here?

Saw once again why I don't like the 1 challenge rule.  Both challenges should have been unnecessary.  Campbell got majorly ripped off on having to waste it on that completely ridiculous RTK.  When I saw the first realtime replay I knew instantly it was bogus.  So did every RB fan at THS.  You should get a 2nd challenge when your first is correct.  That would be very fair.

Finally, a CFL coach with the brains to call a straight-ahead QB plunge on third and inches.
Campbell.

Ya, but proof positive that we should thank the Lord that we had LeFevour here last year and never had to put Dom Davis in on short yardage... yikes he sucks at it.  Really really bad.  So bad in fact I don't know why many teams in the league aren't calling up The Feve to get off the retirement couch.

And what's up with short yardage in the league this year??  Every team (except Reilly#13) is blowing waaay more SY than last year.  It's getting comical.  X and inches should be LeFeve automatic.  WPG better make sure we don't miss any more SY's this year.  Otherwise I'll call up The Feve myself and get him back here in Blue&Gold.

THS looked empty.  Place is usually full.  Even Forde commented.  I wonder if the general sub par play in the CFL this year is affecting tickets?  I wonder if the inability of most teams to win 2 in a row is?  2017 was the year of the catch.  2018, so far, is the year of the botched 3rd&1.  Oh ya, and beatdowns, and teams going to sleep, and...

And poor Jock... butt of all jokes again.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2018, 06:38:42 AM »

Oh ya, and not to give away all the secrets of my carefully studied under-500 pick'em strategy, but OTT is far weaker than they look after this win.  BC was playing minus 2 important OL and minus 3 critical RBs!!!  BC should have been demolished and they hung in there, almost winning it.  OTT is in deep trouble.

The OTT DL also deserves a mention.  Except until the very end of the game the OTT DL were looking exactly like the WPG DL in our 2nd half bomb.  OTT DL couldn't get any pressure, any sacks, nothing.  Is was Lulay leisurely picking the best read with virtually no pressure.  And that's with the 2 OL guys out much of the game!

Hand it to OTT for amping it up when required though.  Sure wish WPG had done that.
TBURGESS

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2018, 12:37:42 PM »

Fun game to watch as long as you're not a Lions fan. Not great football, but 2 very closely matched teams.

I like the 1 challenge rule. Makes the coaches really think before they throw it. Challenges are supposed to be used to overturn bad calls or non calls. That's exactly what they did last night. That's not a waste. It's what they are there for in the first place.

Ellingson's catch saved the game for Ottawa. Not only a great catch, but he also managed to turn it up field and get the 1st.

I was surprised that BC was even in that game at the end. Lost a lot of good players in game. No returner. No RB. 2 rookies in the OL. A beat up QB. Still managed to make a game out of it.

Half a second early, late or snapped on time doesn't matter to me. Hated the call with BC in scoring position late in the game. That call, because it was loss of down, killed BC's chances to put the game away.

Stupid Willis penalty in the 1st quarter likely cost BC points and Ottawa went down the field for a FG on the extra set of downs the penalty gave them. An early turning point.

All in all, you can't ask for much more than a game won on a long drive in the last minute.

Being right never gets old.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2018, 12:49:17 PM »

Odells dumb play cost them the game! lol

Big momentum swing in the least though.

Wally was like   I am gonna put a hit on you   From that scene where Wally was derating him.

dd

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2018, 04:41:33 PM »

On the fake by the BC kicker on contact that never occurred, this is akin to diving in hockey, there should be an unsportsmanlike like penalty associated with it. This isn't soccer, don't fake injuries. Also, A team should get its challenge back if it's a successful challenge as all you've done is correct what the boobs in stripes incorrectly called and you shouldn't be punished for doing this. You should get 1 unsuccessful challenge per game and it shouldn't affect your timeouts
Blue In BC

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2018, 04:42:44 PM »

On the fake by the BC kicker on contact that never occurred, this is akin to diving in hockey, there should be an unsportsmanlike like penalty associated with it. This isn't soccer, don't fake injuries. Also, A team should get its challenge back if it's a successful challenge as all you've done is correct what the boobs in stripes incorrectly called and you shouldn't be punished for doing this. You should get 1 unsuccessful challenge per game and it shouldn't affect your timeouts

Agree on all counts.

No more excuses.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2018, 05:08:22 PM »

Long definitely gets the Neymar Award for 2018. Hard to top that embarrassing display.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
bomb squad

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2018, 07:02:07 PM »

It would be interesting to find it if they could have called it. If so, I don't know why they didn't.
bowlerdude

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2018, 07:21:06 PM »

Lulay was right: the ball was snapped on time.  Assuming the timeclock on the TSN score-bar was correct, I ran it in freeze frame and the ball starts moving 1 frame before the clock goes 00.  That's 1/30 of a second on time.  I am shocked and appalled the video review official didn't overturn that.  Isn't that one of the jobs he has?  That said, not sure Lulay makes the TD throw there anyhow.  Considering how important that timecount was, I would have liked to see TSN replay it with the split-screen with the actual on-field playclock in the shot, like they sometimes do.  They should provide guidance on how "off" the call on the field has to be before they'll overturn it.  TSN getting lazy with replays this year: did some NFL directors defect up here?

Is that something they can actually review? They don't ever call time count violation as soon as the clock hits 0s anyway, they always give a little grace period... and they called that one at an important time when it wasn't even late. I guess it's a break for us, so we'll take it.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2018, 05:40:14 AM »

Is that something they can actually review? They don't ever call time count violation as soon as the clock hits 0s anyway, they always give a little grace period... and they called that one at an important time when it wasn't even late. I guess it's a break for us, so we'll take it.

I googled everything I could think of and I can't find an official list of what the "video review official"'s duties are.  Is this actually written down somewhere?

I did find some news articles about the changes when they brought the VRO in, and timecount issues are not listed in there.  So maybe timecount can't be VRO'd, and we know it can't be coach-challenged.  So BC was screwed.  It looks like if a ref wants to fix a game, just call a bogus timecount when they get to the 1s mark, which happens often for visitors.

They should add timecount to the official list of VRO duties in the off-season!!  Heck, do it now, Mr. mid-season-Ambrosie!

That said, like you guys said, we'll take it as WPG fans, as anything that hurts BC only helps us!  How many times have BB been shafted by inept or, uh questionably-motivated refs?  I'll take it.  (Anyone remember the illegal formation rip-off vs CGY 2 years ago? Yes, I'm still mad about that one.  Yes, I still maintain it was no "mistake".)
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: