Blue Bombers Forum
June 16, 2019, 06:39:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: One good team  (Read 1722 times)
blue_or_die

« on: July 20, 2018, 02:35:03 PM »

So this was brought up in another thread but I thought it deserved it's own topic.

We are still early in the season yet and it takes a while for teams to come into their own, but other than Calgary, no team is particularly good. The West has taken a step back, with neither Edmonton or Winnipeg playing to expectations. The Riders are about as good as I thought they would be, which is "not very", but the media generally expected them to be a top team. They are no "juggernaut"- they gave the Als their first win in 13 games after the underperforming Bombers put up 56 on them the previous week. The Lions are nothing to watch either, but I expected that.

In the East, Montreal is of course terrible. Ottawa got completely annihilated by Calgary last week and has looked bad in general ever since their great game against Sask (save the pounding of Montreal). Toronto has done nothing of significance other than playing and mostly losing boring games. And Hamilton, after looking early on like they are the real deal, have lost two in a row to Sask and have taken a nosedive in performance since they clobbered us.

I am only happy because this is the first year in a decade where I finally didn't predict this was the year where Calgary FINALLY started to regress. They are just waiting for November so they can choke, already.
lenny

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 02:43:58 PM »

So this was brought up in another thread but I thought it deserved it's own topic.

We are still early in the season yet and it takes a while for teams to come into their own, but other than Calgary, no team is particularly good. The West has taken a step back, with neither Edmonton or Winnipeg playing to expectations. The Riders are about as good as I thought they would be, which is "not very", but the media generally expected them to be a top team. They are no "juggernaut"- they gave the Als their first win in 13 games after the underperforming Bombers put up 56 on them the previous week. The Lions are nothing to watch either, but I expected that.

In the East, Montreal is of course terrible. Ottawa got completely annihilated by Calgary last week and has looked bad in general ever since their great game against Sask (save the pounding of Montreal). Toronto has done nothing of significance other than playing and mostly losing boring games. And Hamilton, after looking early on like they are the real deal, have lost two in a row to Sask and have taken a nosedive in performance since they clobbered us.

I am only happy because this is the first year in a decade where I finally didn't predict this was the year where Calgary FINALLY started to regress. They are just waiting for November so they can choke, already.

Maybe three times is  a charm for BLM?
DM83

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 03:31:59 PM »

Too early to decide.
All teams are very inconsistent
Injuries have played a factor, causing staffs to re-evaluate their play books to,suit. Back- ups.
Results inconclusive.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 03:47:40 PM »

What happens if we lose both back to back vs Argos and go 2-5 into the bye week? Does the organization stand pat or does something happen? We know MOS and Lapo are going nowhere. But someone would have to take the fall for a start like that IF it happens.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 03:52:57 PM »

What happens if we lose both back to back vs Argos and go 2-5 into the bye week? Does the organization stand pat or does something happen? We know MOS and Lapo are going nowhere. But someone would have to take the fall for a start like that IF it happens.

It depends how we lose them I think. If the defense gets torched there will be pressure from everywhere to do something.
Horseman

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 04:02:49 PM »

It depends how we lose them I think. If the defense gets torched there will be pressure from everywhere to do something.

I would be surprised...but extremely happy if that happens and Hall gets replaced immediately. Otherwise I would hope Hall is gone after this year.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 04:46:37 PM »

I would be surprised...but extremely happy if that happens and Hall gets replaced immediately. Otherwise I would hope Hall is gone after this year.

Yep if the D gets torched back to back or one game then loses another Hall must go now, or then!

Enoughs enough!!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 05:07:50 PM »

He'll be gone after this season.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
bigbuff33

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 05:23:42 PM »

Go 2-5 and the season is over
Horseman

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 05:29:16 PM »

Bighill is a must sign for next year and hopefully beyond. I hope the cost of living here compared to BC is a selling feature to him.
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 05:30:01 PM »

No it's not. 
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 05:31:18 PM »

No it's not. 

I agree but it'll really put the screws on the organization for the remainder of the season. It'll be a tough hill to climb.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Waffler

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 05:58:10 PM »

Not so much the record but losing twice to a team with the same number of wins as Montreal? Unthinkable.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 06:34:42 PM »

Bighill is a must sign for next year and hopefully beyond. I hope the cost of living here compared to BC is a selling feature to him.

I think it will be hard to retain him if BC makes him an offer as his wife lives and works in Vancouver, so the first thing the Bombers have to do is find her an equivalent job.  Hopefully Wade can help out on that end. 
gbill2004

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 06:47:47 PM »

I think it will be hard to retain him if BC makes him an offer as his wife lives and works in Vancouver, so the first thing the Bombers have to do is find her an equivalent job.  Hopefully Wade can help out on that end. 
Wade owns a recruitment firm so I don't see there being any issues there. 
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: