Blue Bombers Forum
September 15, 2019, 10:17:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Riders versus the Cats  (Read 3794 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2018, 02:42:55 PM »

7 man front meant 8 players in coverage against 4 receivers and we still couldn't keep close to receivers. So I call BS on any of this being new to Hall.

The Riders and Ticats both looked inept on offense yesterday. A few big plays by the Riders and a few stupid plays by the Ticats cost them the win.

A quick kick formation on 3rd and 13 from their own end? Did that fool anybody in the country. That was the big momentum shift and was as dumb a play as I've seen in quite some time by any team.

I couldn't believe that play, no reason at all to pull it, they had the lead and good field position and an ordinary punt would have put the Riders back on their 10.  June Jones blew that game open with that boneheaded call, I hope O'Shea took note of the damage a worthless gamble can incur.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:52:29 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2018, 02:47:31 PM »

The Riders won back to back (with a week off in the middle) against the Ticats who beat us badly.

Are the Riders better than we thought they were? Are we worse than we thought we were? Are the Ticats as good as we made them out to be?

The Riders win puts some extra pressure on us to win tomorrow so we don't fall too far behind. If the Lions win tonight, the pressure will be even higher.

They aren't a great team overall but the Rider defense keeps them in every game. I think they've been lucky to pull out both wins against the Cats. Doesn't seem like a long-term formula for success but if you're a Rider fan you've got to feel pretty good. The Rider offense is less effective than ours by every measure and yet their defense gets off the field and plays good ball even if the offense is going two and out. If we had the Rider defense we would easily be 4-1.
Horseman

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2018, 03:28:35 PM »

Why is it our defenders are always playing off the receiver and other teams DB's seem to be covering the receivers closely. This is the question I am going to ask MOS on his call in show. I can't wait for his BS answer, probably something like we aren't we play a variety of covers, man, zone and combination. My response will be THEN WHY ARE THE RECEIVERS SO FRIGGEN OPEN ON EVERY PASS PLAY! (Yelling like Sheldon) 
Blue In BC

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2018, 03:39:53 PM »

Why is it our defenders are always playing off the receiver and other teams DB's seem to be covering the receivers closely. This is the question I am going to ask MOS on his call in show. I can't wait for his BS answer, probably something like we aren't we play a variety of covers, man, zone and combination. My response will be THEN WHY ARE THE RECEIVERS SO FRIGGEN OPEN ON EVERY PASS PLAY! (Yelling like Sheldon) 

It's Hall's style to play soft coverage and wait for the opponent to make a mistake. He hasn't changed that strategy since he's been in Winnipeg.

No more excuses.
Horseman

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2018, 03:56:43 PM »

It's Hall's style to play soft coverage and wait for the opponent to make a mistake. He hasn't changed that strategy since he's been in Winnipeg.

Yes, I know, but I want to hear how MOS answers this.
kkc60

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2018, 03:58:25 PM »

*insert stale response which offers no emotion or info*
Pigskin

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2018, 04:06:04 PM »

Has anyone heard from the Catsfan.
Pigskin

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2018, 04:08:19 PM »

The riders seem match up nicely against the Cats.
Blue In BC

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2018, 04:18:54 PM »

He'll say he's confidant in Hall, the system and the players They will review the tapes and make corrections. He'll be more involved.

Not really much else he can say and he's been saying it for ever.

No more excuses.
lenny

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2018, 04:29:54 PM »

Seems like Catsfan was all about how good the Bombers were and just keep the faith etc. It's called patronizing. That was before his team sunk two straight with the Roughriders. Roll Eyes
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2018, 05:04:48 PM »

They aren't a great team overall but the Rider defense keeps them in every game. I think they've been lucky to pull out both wins against the Cats. Doesn't seem like a long-term formula for success but if you're a Rider fan you've got to feel pretty good. The Rider offense is less effective than ours by every measure and yet their defense gets off the field and plays good ball even if the offense is going two and out. If we had the Rider defense we would easily be 4-1.

Thankfully playoffs are a ways away but I would say the riders would have a better shot at winning a playoff game than the bombers right now.  Their defence can shut a team down - ours cannot.  There is room for improvement but the rider D is far faster and more agressive than the Bombers
Horseman

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2018, 05:23:18 PM »

Thankfully playoffs are a ways away but I would say the riders would have a better shot at winning a playoff game than the bombers right now.  Their defence can shut a team down - ours cannot.  There is room for improvement but the rider D is far faster and more agressive than the Bombers
Yes, I agree.
In Motion

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2018, 02:06:13 AM »

I couldn't believe that play, no reason at all to pull it, they had the lead and good field position and an ordinary punt would have put the Riders back on their 10.  June Jones blew that game open with that boneheaded call, I hope O'Shea took note of the damage a worthless gamble can incur.

I haven't been able to figure out a number of coaches' calls this season. I think when some of them get frustrated,
they try to pull a rabbit out of a hat. It rarely works, and the team loses. Campbell kept his head on straight in the
BC game tonight, made zero dumb calls, and thus he helped his team win. I hope O'Shea can become as reliable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: