Blue Bombers Forum
June 16, 2019, 06:41:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers Add Defensive Back to Practice Roster  (Read 1540 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: July 19, 2018, 01:07:00 PM »

Bombers Add Defensive Back to Practice Roster

WINNIPEG, MB., July 19, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed international defensive backs Chris Humes to the practice roster.

Humes
(6-0, 200, Arkansas State University, July 31, 1994 in Birmingham, AL.) was with the team in this past training camp. He played four seasons with the Arkansas State Red Wolves, recording 129 total tackles. Humes signed as an undrafted free agent with the Oakland Raiders in 2017.

Single game tickets for all Blue Bombers regular season home games are now on sale. Click here to view the 2018 schedule.

The Bombers take on the Toronto Argonauts Friday, July 27 at Investors Group Field. Guys & Girls Night Out ticket packages can be purchased here starting at just $37.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 01:15:10 PM »

Interesting. Was he injured? I don't remember much about him.
Blue In BC

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 01:26:44 PM »

I wonder why him in particular. Maybe he declined a PR spot originally. Or has one of the current rookies played his way off the roster all together?

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 02:15:20 PM »

Just looked at the roster, and was surprised to see Gale on the PR.  Only reason I could see for that would be if they aren't 100% sure of Nichols knee.  Odd, really.

Glad to see Speller still on the PR. Wondering when Washington or Thompkins are going to get a shot, or if Lankford is still ahead of them.   

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
booch

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 02:22:57 PM »

soley as a receiver neither should be ahead of him to be honest, and with who we have on the roster, and what Henry showed returning kicks, mixed in with Augustine..Fogg..Demski I see no need to even have Lankford around..any receiver can run down field to stretch a defense and make them aware, and actually even a guy like Simionese would offer more of a threat doing it than Lankford even tho he is technically still an unknown and unproven commodity, because his unknown works for him, and not against..Lankford is a known...make him contest a ball or catch it with contact against him and 80% of the time he will not make the grab..
kkc60

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 02:24:58 PM »

We have had numerous DBs get bumps and  bruises so adding Humes, just like adding Conteh, assures that if theres another injury we have depth
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 03:25:12 PM »

soley as a receiver neither should be ahead of him to be honest, and with who we have on the roster, and what Henry showed returning kicks, mixed in with Augustine..Fogg..Demski I see no need to even have Lankford around..any receiver can run down field to stretch a defense and make them aware, and actually even a guy like Simionese would offer more of a threat doing it than Lankford even tho he is technically still an unknown and unproven commodity, because his unknown works for him, and not against..Lankford is a known...make him contest a ball or catch it with contact against him and 80% of the time he will not make the grab..

The Bombers can't afford to dawdle with the development of Simonese or Petermann, especially the later as he is from the Ont. region of which many residence have a disdain for small city life on the prairies.  Push them along and integrate them into the O within a year, trade them for assets or be prepared to see them walk in F.A..  Good Cdn. receiver prospects can catch on with almost any team and if they're not progressing their careers, more often than not they'll chose to move closer to their home-base.  I have a fevered vision of Petermann suiting up in Hamilton as Fantuz's replacement and putting up a H.O.F. career.
GCn18

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 03:36:25 PM »

The Bombers can't afford to dawdle with the development of Simonese or Petermann, especially the later as he is from the Ont. region of which many residence have a disdain for small city life on the prairies.  Push them along and integrate them into the O within a year, trade them for assets or be prepared to see them walk in F.A..  Good Cdn. receiver prospects can catch on with almost any team and if they're not progressing their careers, more often than not they'll chose to move closer to their home-base.  I have a fevered vision of Petermann suiting up in Hamilton as Fantuz's replacement and putting up a H.O.F. career.

A lot of assumptions being made in your post. For every ONT player that goes home their are 3 that stay with their team. For every receiver that sees significant time in their first year there are a dozen that are brought along slower. You are backing your want for Petermann to play with hypotheticals and worst case scenarios.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 03:49:39 PM »

A lot of assumptions being made in your post. For every ONT player that goes home their are 3 that stay with their team. For every receiver that sees significant time in their first year there are a dozen that are brought along slower. You are backing your want for Petermann to play with hypotheticals and worst case scenarios.

I said it was a fevered vision!
GCn18

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 03:50:29 PM »

lol

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 04:07:29 PM »

They both may have signed 3 year contracts. I'm not sure but if they don't see much playing time or develop over 2 years, they won't be in huge demand.

Not saying that happens but if they do get playing time and develop into productive players there is nothing yet to suggest we don't extend them before they reach FA.

A little early to speculate one way or the other but I would like to see them get some reps in games. Both have shown some talent.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 04:55:22 AM »

They both may have signed 3 year contracts. I'm not sure but if they don't see much playing time or develop over 2 years, they won't be in huge demand.

Not saying that happens but if they do get playing time and develop into productive players there is nothing yet to suggest we don't extend them before they reach FA.

A little early to speculate one way or the other but I would like to see them get some reps in games. Both have shown some talent.

Thanks, I had no idea they were both signed for 3 years, that's great news but I still don't want them biding their time through next season.
gobombersgo

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 07:14:50 AM »

Thanks, I had no idea they were both signed for 3 years, that's great news but I still don't want them biding their time through next season.

Simonise is signed for 3 years but the contract length for Petermann is not confirmed.

bigbuff33

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 10:40:51 AM »

I would start getting Simonise involved in the offence...think there's something special there...
Jesse

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 12:29:36 PM »

I would start getting Simonise involved in the offence...think there's something special there...

I think he has been pretty involved for a rookie Canadian who's been in and out of the game over the past couple of years. Same with Petermann.

My wife is amazing!
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: