Blue Bombers Forum
June 17, 2019, 12:58:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teague Sherman charged with sexual assault  (Read 2507 times)
gbill2004

« on: July 18, 2018, 03:25:38 PM »

Ottawa Redblacks defensive back Teague Sherman has been charged with sexual assault and was released by the CFL team just two days after turning himself in to police, this newspaper has learned.

Sherman, 30, was told by Ottawa police sexual assault and child abuse detectives to turn himself in last week.

The allegations against him date back to November 2017, when police investigated a sexual assault complaint made against Sherman involving multiple women. It?s not yet clear how many counts of sexual assault the defensive back was charged with.

Police charged him Thursday but did not detain him. He was released by police on a promise to appear in court at a later date.

Sherman was listed in the Redblacks? lineup for Thursday night?s home game against the B.C. Lions. He was pulled from that lineup an hour before game time and did not play.

The Redblacks announced Saturday that they had released Sherman. They have since added defensive back Mika?l Charland to the practice roster. The organization gave no reason for the roster change at the time.

https://postmedia.us.janrainsso.com/static/server.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fottawacitizen.com%2Fnews%2Flocal-news%2Fredblacks-defensive-back-charged-with-sex-assault-let-go-from-team
kkc60

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 03:43:13 PM »

According to the article, one western team was interested in his services but unaware of his legal issues. My guess is it was Winnipeg
Blue In BC

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 03:43:42 PM »

He needs to get help if charges are true.

No more excuses.
gbill2004

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »

According to the article, one western team was interested in his services but unaware of his legal issues. My guess is it was Winnipeg
Yep, with the Derek Jones injury it may have been us. I met Teague a few times and he seems like such a good guy.  Pretty shocking news. 
Blue96

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 03:49:20 PM »

Yep, with the Derek Jones injury it may have been us. I met Teague a few times and he seems like such a good guy.  Pretty shocking news. 

I too share your surprise, having met with him through coaching and at high school, seemed like a very genuinely good guy.
Pigskin

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 03:51:02 PM »

Surprised.
gbill2004

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 03:56:17 PM »

Here's the 3Down Nation article: http://3downnation.com/2018/07/18/canadian-db-teague-sherman-charged-sexual-assault-report/ 
GCn18

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 04:07:59 PM »

He just went to the top of Chris Jones must have list.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 04:47:38 PM »

Nov. 2017...   around Grey Cup time?  A party that got out of hand? 

Sad, really, he was very active in the community here...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
lenny

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 04:50:49 PM »

Geez. With some of the opinions on here you'd think the man was already tried, convicted and sentenced. I'll withhold my opinion until he's had his day in court.
DM83

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 04:55:12 PM »

Unbelievable.
I have friends that know him and say he is a well mannered guy.
Innocent till proven guilty
Give the guy some respect, please.
lenny

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 05:05:21 PM »

I too share your surprise, having met with him through coaching and at high school, seemed like a very genuinely good guy.

"Seemed"? So you've already come to a conclusion on his character? The man deserves his day in court and he is innocent in the eyes of the law and should be to you to. But then when you post with anonymity it's easy to come to a quick conclusion about his character. Why don't you write him a letter and state, Gee Teague, you sure seemed to be a genuinely good guy. What happened?lol

The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 05:26:36 PM »

These threads usually go nowhere fast..the news is out - we will see the outcome in time. 
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 07:52:44 PM »

CFL ISSUES STATEMENT ON RECENTLY-RELEASED TEAGUE SHERMAN
CFL.CA STAFF
TORONTO  ? The Canadian Football League (CFL) has released the following statement on Teague Sherman, who was released by the Ottawa REDBLACKS over the weekend.

?The Canadian Football League is aware that sexual assault charges have been filed against Teague Sherman. He has been released by the Ottawa REDBLACKS. Commissioner Randy Ambrosie has informed all member clubs that the league will not register a contract for Sherman should any team attempt to sign him. The Canadian Football League has and abides by a policy on violence against women and condemns violence against women in all its forms.?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: