Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:32:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Terrell Owens to sign in CFL as early as next week  (Read 4803 times)
TheForks
« on: July 17, 2018, 05:45:40 PM »

Good for the CFL and Edmonton. Owens could help out their offense and with Reilly he will have a capable QB. Owens is a big time jerk however and he is a disgrace to Hall of Fame members and likely will be never welcome back in the NFL in any role. So we will see what comes out of Owens and the CFL.

Pigskin

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 08:46:44 PM »

Yes, but he is in the Hall and your not.
TheForks
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 08:53:10 PM »

Owens is one of the mosts overrated players in history. Stats lie. He was on teams that he was used in a way that he got the ball without much difficulty and added up yardage in non important situations.
When you have someone like Randy Moss who faced tripple teams often. Owens was a short route receiver that couldn't carry a team on his shoulders.

TheHypnotoad

TOAD KNOWS

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 09:50:07 PM »

You're clueless, and we won't see Owens in the CFL anytime soon.

TOAD KNOWS
gbill2004

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 10:05:06 PM »

You're clueless, and we won't see Owens in the CFL anytime soon.
You're right on the first part. But we might actually see Owens in the CFL soon.
dd

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 10:51:34 PM »

Owens is one of the mosts overrated players in history. Stats lie. He was on teams that he was used in a way that he got the ball without much difficulty and added up yardage in non important situations.
When you have someone like Randy Moss who faced tripple teams often. Owens was a short route receiver that couldn't carry a team on his shoulders.

He seemed to carry the Eagles to a Super Bowl appearance on one foot as I recall.
dd

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 11:22:31 PM »

Exactly. Haters always gotta hate. Sad...
PurpleReign

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 11:34:10 PM »

Your so very wrong. Owens although a idiot and locker room cancer everywhere he played, was one of the all time best receivers in the NFL.  Saying he is overrated is absurd. They don't put you in the Hall of Fame by being overrated.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 11:36:28 PM by PurpleReign » Logged
PurpleReign

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 11:36:47 PM »

He seemed to carry the Eagles to a Super Bowl appearance on one foot as I recall.

You are correct.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 12:31:14 AM »

mods you gotta put a cap on the threads forky can create, it's just not right

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
66 Chevelle

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 12:34:37 AM »

mods you gotta put a cap on the threads forky can create, it's just not right

actually, it's not any worse than other threads started here... the only issue for most is they don't agree, therefore, it's problematic...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 12:36:52 AM »

actually, it's not any worse than other threads started here... the only issue for most is they don't agree, therefore, it's problematic...

disagree and I'm sure most do as well, not surprising to me as I haven't agree with much of what you post on here either

those coaches corner threads were about as silly as it gets on here and I have seen a lot over the years
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:44:50 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
66 Chevelle

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 12:47:19 AM »

disagree and I'm sure most do as well, not surprising to me as I haven't agree with much of what you post on here either

those coaches corner threads were about as silly as it gets on here and I have seen a lot of the years

however, just because you're a part of the majority, it doesn't make you right...

I don't pander to the 'popular crowd', I state my opinion, which is usually supported by specific instances or statistical information... unlike you, I feel it's your right, as well as everyone else, to disagree with me and encourage any and all to engage in a respectful conversation relative to my comments. Instead, most here choose to be smart *****, or turn it into something that it isn't due to bias.

This happens because the rest of the members here allow it, choosing to blame those that they disagree with instead of the ones that start it in the first place... but see, that doesn't phase me, I could care less and will continue to participate until such time as I've grown weary of it... which for the record, could be a very long, long, long time from now... lol...

so, you keep on hating and I'll keep on posting...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 03:32:17 AM »

Forky barred yet?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
DM83

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 03:51:09 AM »

Mods, come on. Reading personal attacks is getting tedious.  A couple people here attack others whom they disagree with, and instead of addressing the topi start insulting.

I enjoy reading posters opinions, except those who offer nothing but made up b.s.  Knocking Coaches corner is embarassing to the knockers. 

I hated Owens. Then there was the feature on him when he played for the Eagles on a broken leg.  He was the best player on the field, that game.  He earned my respect. 

I can't believe he can play at age 44.

David Sanchez hit the nail on the head,today.  Owens  probably can maybe still run. Like the wind.  His body looked like it had no fat on it.  So that is amazing.  However, as David Samchez pointed out, it's the recovery, which is the downer.  It seems as the body gets older it takes longer to recover.  Maybe today with new technology with His own cryogenic chamber, and maybe Dr. Ho's electric muscle,tens machine it can work.

If someone does sign him, it sure would be interesting.hmmmmm. I wonder what team could use a receiver?
Go Blue!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: