Blue Bombers Forum
August 20, 2019, 02:13:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Terrell Owens to sign in CFL as early as next week  (Read 5019 times)
dd

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 04:27:00 AM »

I truly hope he comes to the cfl, to the bombers in fact, it would be fantastic , especially at 44!!!

C'mon TO, I ve got my popcorn ready!!! Grab the pom poms and dance with our cheerleaders. Best match up would be TO vs Carter--who's ego would win?!?
rubanski

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 04:45:26 AM »

Coaches corner is a terrible group of threads. Don?t pretend you?re some sort of credible voice by calling your thread ?coach? whatever. Just start a plain old conversation about what you want to talk about.

Owens wasn?t a cancer ?everywhere he went? that statement is ignorant of facts, and a cheap way to sum a career you don?t actually know about. Want to read more? Be my guest.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-nfl-terrell-owens-hall-of-fame-analysis-spt-20170213-story.html

Owens is in the hall of fame, despite a bunch of prudes who didn?t want him there.

His career was ?overrated?. Ok, are you saying he isn?t the second or third best receiver to ever play? The stats say you?re wrong. He was, without legitimate argument, one of the best to ever play.

As for the CFL, no way this goes terribly well for him. Maybe if he?s trying out for punter.... how old was Cameron when he retired?
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 11:37:55 AM »

however, just because you're a part of the majority, it doesn't make you right...

I don't pander to the 'popular crowd', I state my opinion, which is usually supported by specific instances or statistical information... unlike you, I feel it's your right, as well as everyone else, to disagree with me and encourage any and all to engage in a respectful conversation relative to my comments. Instead, most here choose to be smart *****, or turn it into something that it isn't due to bias.

This happens because the rest of the members here allow it, choosing to blame those that they disagree with instead of the ones that start it in the first place... but see, that doesn't phase me, I could care less and will continue to participate until such time as I've grown weary of it... which for the record, could be a very long, long, long time from now... lol...

so, you keep on hating and I'll keep on posting...

no hate just reason, your support for forky shows a lot about you

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 11:38:33 AM »

Coaches corner is a terrible group of threads. Don?t pretend you?re some sort of credible voice by calling your thread ?coach? whatever. Just start a plain old conversation about what you want to talk about.

bang on

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TBURGESS

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 12:21:16 PM »

I disagree with most of what Folk has to type. I also disagree with banning him. He has as much right as everyone else around here to voice his opinion, wrong as it may be.

Being right never gets old.
Jets
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 12:52:29 PM »

He was never a burner in the NFL although he did have great speed. His best asset was getting free and fighting through coverage. He could still be effective given the right circumstances and opportunity.
theaardvark

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 01:04:02 PM »

I disagree with most of what Folk has to type. I also disagree with banning him. He has as much right as everyone else around here to voice his opinion, wrong as it may be.

Everyone has a right to an opinion.  Want to discuss or debate things, that's what this place is all about.

TheForks does not do that.  He starts with a position that is almost always not in fact.  And then rambles from there. 

He denegrates solid contributors to the team, and uses wildly inaccurate "stats" to backup wild conjecture.  I have yet to see on valid, statistically sound argument from him. 

I'm not adverse to lively debate, and posters personal biases based on their likes and dislikes among coaches and players.  And I have no problem with posters calling out players and coaches for bad plays, even if I disagree with whether a play was bad or just unlucky.

But saying Randle (an all star and one of the core of our D) is a bad player, and should be sat so that Sayles can play, that is just horsecrap designed to cause trouble.  Saying we should find a Nat OT to replace an AllStar Int OT so that we can sit Demski and play a WR who has yet to proven themselves, that's just stupid, dumb and completely out of touch with reality. 

So, sure, you have a right to opinion and conjecture, sure.  But there gets to be a point where it is all out trolling, and I suspect, watching the spiraling of his comments, that he is here just to try and get banned, and see how much he can get away with in the meantime...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 01:05:24 PM »

no hate just reason, your support for forky shows a lot about you

yeah, that I'm tolerant of other people's opinion....

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 02:06:20 PM »

Everyone has a right to an opinion.  Want to discuss or debate things, that's what this place is all about.

TheForks does not do that.  He starts with a position that is almost always not in fact.  And then rambles from there. 

He denegrates solid contributors to the team, and uses wildly inaccurate "stats" to backup wild conjecture.  I have yet to see on valid, statistically sound argument from him. 

I'm not adverse to lively debate, and posters personal biases based on their likes and dislikes among coaches and players.  And I have no problem with posters calling out players and coaches for bad plays, even if I disagree with whether a play was bad or just unlucky.

But saying Randle (an all star and one of the core of our D) is a bad player, and should be sat so that Sayles can play, that is just horsecrap designed to cause trouble.  Saying we should find a Nat OT to replace an AllStar Int OT so that we can sit Demski and play a WR who has yet to proven themselves, that's just stupid, dumb and completely out of touch with reality. 

So, sure, you have a right to opinion and conjecture, sure.  But there gets to be a point where it is all out trolling, and I suspect, watching the spiraling of his comments, that he is here just to try and get banned, and see how much he can get away with in the meantime...

Well said, Aardsy.

That Randle comment was particularly absurd and really drove home what that poster's objective was.

Glad to learn it's gone from here.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Pigskin

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 03:46:51 PM »

DD pulls out a little Ta Ta on that one.
blue girl

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 10:28:11 PM »

I absolutely agree with you. When he said Randle was a bad player and Sayles was our best DB he lost what little credibility he had with me, which honestly wasn't much. Also he doesn't seem to get that Demski is a valuable player because not only is he a Canadian but he can play RB and Rec.
TBURGESS

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2018, 08:10:18 PM »

CFL on TSN The Edmonton Eskimos have dropped Terrell Owens from their negotiation list.

Being right never gets old.
lenny

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2018, 08:22:37 PM »

CFL on TSN The Edmonton Eskimos have dropped Terrell Owens from their negotiation list.

Montreal now? I mean it was Ochocinco before why not another washed up receiver?
gbill2004

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2018, 08:27:12 PM »

Interesting. I still predict TO in TO. 
Slimy Sculpin

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2018, 09:24:05 PM »

C'mon. Owens is what...44 years old and he has been out of football for how long? I don't care how fast he can run in a straight line, one time with no one getting in his way. He's 44 fricking years old. No one in the CFL is going to sign him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: