Blue Bombers Forum
June 17, 2019, 12:55:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers add DB Abu Conteh to the PR  (Read 1836 times)
TecnoGenius

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 03:40:52 AM »

When I saw 18 make a ST tackle, I actually had to look up the number to make sure.  But yup, he did.

That's amazing.  I saw it too but shook my head and thought I was hallucinating, or overtired, or both.  Didn't think it could have really been our QB till you guys brought it up.

I love it!!  A QB who can tackle?!?!?
DM83

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 03:57:51 AM »

Phew! I had to look twice also.  I missed that article, so was quite shocked and pleased,to see our back up QB, ask to get out there and be one of the guys! What a great attitude!

Stats Junkie

Unofficial Blue Bombers Historian

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 03:27:14 PM »

I was at BC Place and one of the first things that I noticed on the Bombers' first punt was Bryan Bennett lined up as the wide side gunner. Sure enough, he was out there for all 4 punts in the game.

Bennett was involved in 2 tackles but was not awarded a STT.

On play 66 - Rempel tripped Rainey and Bennett covered Rainey as he was falling to the ground. In a situation like this, the first player involved in the tackle (Rempel) is awarded the tackle.

On play 132 - Rainey did not gain yards on the return and there was a 5-yard no yards penalty against the Bombers. In situations where there is a 5-yard no yards penalty and zero yards gained on the return, the return does not count and no tackle is awarded. If Rainey had gained any yardage on the return, he would have been credited with a return and yardage gained - a STT would have been awarded as well with the penalty applied from the DBS.

@Stats_Junkie
Pigskin

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 03:58:08 PM »

Nice Stats Junkie.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: