Blue Bombers Forum
June 16, 2019, 06:43:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers practice news - week 6  (Read 9360 times)
gobombersgo

« on: July 16, 2018, 10:50:37 AM »

Winnipeg Blue Bombers Practice/Media Schedule:

Sunday, July 15 - Monday, July 16
No practice/media availability

Winnipeg Blue Bombers Practice/Media Schedule:  July 17-23

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - July 16, 2018

WINNIPEG, MB - The following is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers practice/media schedule for July 17-23, 2018.  ***All practices are at Investors Group Field, unless otherwise stated. Media are asked to enter through the Bomber Store. A designated seating area will be assigned for members of the media. Please note, Investors Group Field will open for the public and members of the media ten minutes prior to the scheduled practice time. All photos and video must be taken from field level***.

Tuesday, July 17 - (Assistant coaches available)
Practice: 11:15 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Cameras can record practice from 11:55 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.

Wednesday, July 18
Practice: 11:20 a.m. - 12:55 p.m.
Cameras can record practice from 11:55 a.m. - 12:10 p.m.

Thursday, July 19 - (quarterbacks not available)
Closed practice.

Friday, July 20
Travel to Toronto
Head Coach Mike O'Shea and selected players will be available to media outside of the Dockside 7 Room (lower level) at the Westin Harbour Castle (1 Harbour Square) at approximately 3:15 p.m. ET.

Saturday, July 21
Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Toronto Argonauts, 4:00 p.m. ET, BMO Field, Toronto, ON
TV: TSN
Radio: 680 CJOB

Sunday, July 22 - Monday, July 23
No practice/media availability
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:56:25 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

DM83

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 11:01:28 AM »

Who cares?
bigbuff33

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 12:00:12 PM »

I agree...
It's the same mistakes over and over and over since MOS took over the team five years ago
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 12:17:57 PM »

Holy, tough crowd. I was as upset as anyone after the game on Saturday but the season isn't over. In fact, after reflecting I would much rather lose a game like that, where we obviously should have won but didn't, as opposed to a game like the one in Hamilton where we didn't really belong on the same field. The CFL is all about playing your best football down the stretch and into the playoffs. Last year we played our best through the summer and fell off afterward. We have some work to do and perhaps that mindset may help prepare us to get to where we need to be. The talent is here.
TBURGESS

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 01:06:12 PM »

Holy, tough crowd. I was as upset as anyone after the game on Saturday but the season isn't over. In fact, after reflecting I would much rather lose a game like that, where we obviously should have won but didn't, as opposed to a game like the one in Hamilton where we didn't really belong on the same field. The CFL is all about playing your best football down the stretch and into the playoffs. Last year we played our best through the summer and fell off afterward. We have some work to do and perhaps that mindset may help prepare us to get to where we need to be. The talent is here.
Your theory is by playing badly now, we will play better when it counts?  Shocked

Being right never gets old.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 01:26:08 PM »

Your theory is by playing badly now, we will play better when it counts?  Shocked

Obviously, that's not a fact. We did, however, play our best football early in the season last year and it didn't carry over when it counted so the start of a season isn't always the best predictor of eventual success or failure. We should have run the table on BC this year. It's too bad we didn't. The loss doesn't mean anything more than they beat us by a field goal at home. That's the way it goes sometimes and we won't be the only team to blow a game this year.
PurpleReign

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 01:47:07 PM »

With Hall not knowing how to adjust and run a proper defence and MOS making stupid decisions in games again,  do you really have hope that we can win a grey cup with these guys? Fans have seen this before and are fed up. 
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 02:06:31 PM »

With Hall not knowing how to adjust and run a proper defence and MOS making stupid decisions in games again,  do you really have hope that we can win a grey cup with these guys? Fans have seen this before and are fed up. 

I think we can win a Grey Cup with our current team, yes. I wish we didn't have Richie Hall but he's won Grey Cups with his system. I'm not ready to write them off after a 2 and 3 record to start the season.
PurpleReign

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 02:28:57 PM »

I think we can win a Grey Cup with our current team, yes. I wish we didn't have Richie Hall but he's won Grey Cups with his system. I'm not ready to write them off after a 2 and 3 record to start the season.

I am not writing them off, but I don't trust Hall to bring it home.  When BC at was down around our 15 yardline he played zone.  Are you kidding me!!! Maybe we just don't have the guys to play bump and run and he is forced to play D like this.  If this is the case then get some guys in here that can play man to man.
Horseman

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 02:51:08 PM »

If you throw away games you should have won during an 18 game schedule early, then you may not make the playoffs regardless of how well you are playing at the end of the season. It's about winning the ones you should win as we cannot afford to throw away 2 points early especially the way the west is setting up this year.
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 02:52:42 PM »

If you throw away games you should have won during an 18 game schedule early, then you may not make the playoffs regardless of how well you are playing at the end of the season. It's about winning the ones you should win as we cannot afford to throw away 2 points early especially the way the west is setting up this year.
We will win some games we should have lost, and we will lose some we should have won.  I expect it will even out in the end. 
theaardvark

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 03:00:42 PM »

Getting to the playoffs is all you need to do.  You don't need to go 18-0 to win the GC, ask Calgary what a seasons record has to do with converting it into a GC.

Not saying that it doesn't matter how you play of what you learn during the season, points is points, and leaving any on the field is bad.

We have the season series against BC, so we just need to beat one team in the west, or tie BC if there is a crossover this year (With Toronto and MTL burning things up, that looks like a great possibility.

I'm not saying we should be happy with that, just saying its nothing to get despondent about.

Yet.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Horseman

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 03:41:54 PM »

We will win some games we should have lost, and we will lose some we should have won.  I expect it will even out in the end. 

Don't count on it.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 03:47:53 PM »

I agree...
It's the same mistakes over and over and over since MOS took over the team five years ago

There's a massive oversimplification.

Against Ryan Dinwiddie throwing four picks and after being demoted late in the season with Chamblin taking over.

I'm not ready to write off anyone at this juncture, but Hall's system is flawed. Even so, I'd hardly blame him for what happened in the second half the other night. The offense imploded and there were mistakes made on both sides of the ball.

Don't count on it.

Considering the team's posted a 25-16 record since the start of the 2016, it's actually been better than even.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 03:51:57 PM »

There's a massive oversimplification.
Against Ryan Dinwiddie throwing four picks and after being demoted late in the season with Chamblin taking over.

I'm not ready to write off anyone at this juncture, but Hall's system is flawed. Even so, I'd hardly blame him for what happened in the second half the other night. The offense imploded and there were mistakes made on both sides of the ball.

Considering the team's posted a 25-16 record since the start of the 2016, it's actually been better than even.

And against Hamilton and Henry Burris in Grey Cup 2011.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: