Blue Bombers Forum
June 27, 2019, 04:17:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it the players or is it the coaching?  (Read 8853 times)
kkc60

« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2018, 04:39:56 PM »

Lapo and Buck are pretty solid coaching choices.  Most of the players are chosen by Walters, but obviously MOS is included, and most of the players are pretty solid.  Younger, Boudreau, Costello all seem pretty good.  If Richie Hall is the basis of your statement, then sure, some people think that is a questionable choice.  And we will see if that changes after this season, either the thought that Hall is a bad coach, or that he helped us win a cup.  If its the first option, then we will probably see a change...
What has Younger done?
theaardvark

« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2018, 04:49:26 PM »

What has Younger done?

I don't have any personal experience with what he has done, but it seems like a lot of people who want Hall fired are offering him as the replacement, so he must be doing something well...  and he got many accolades on this forum when they added him.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
kkc60

« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2018, 05:09:08 PM »

I don't have any personal experience with what he has done, but it seems like a lot of people who want Hall fired are offering him as the replacement, so he must be doing something well...  and he got many accolades on this forum when they added him.
He didnt even coach for a year and our D has shown limited improvement. The base how good a hire he is just by what people on a forum say really doesnt make it a good hire
bluengold204

« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2018, 07:48:30 PM »

So you support this club no matter how bad it gets...by purchasing discounted tickets through a third party site which generates no revenue for the club that you support no matter what. Okies.

Lol not to mention he brings in his own snacks as well
gbill2004

« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2018, 08:21:24 PM »

Lol not to mention he brings in his own snacks as well
He emotionally supports them Wink
kkc60

« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2018, 09:32:12 PM »

He emotionally supports them Wink
Cant pay the bills with "woohoo's" Wink
In Motion

« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2018, 11:53:17 AM »

This:  "And we see the same bumbling by the coaches in critical situations in games we should win but don't."

I totally agree.

As for our D being good enough to win a Grey Cup... not by a country mile.
It needs to improve significantly. Our special teams haven't been very special either.

We have a lot of talent, but so far I haven't been overly impressed. When you have a 17-0 lead
going into the 2nd half and can't finish off your not-very-talented opponent, you're not as good
as you think you are.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:57:00 AM by In Motion » Logged
lenny

« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2018, 01:49:17 PM »

This:  "And we see the same bumbling by the coaches in critical situations in games we should win but don't."

I totally agree.

As for our D being good enough to win a Grey Cup... not by a country mile.
It needs to improve significantly. Our special teams haven't been very special either.

We have a lot of talent, but so far I haven't been overly impressed. When you have a 17-0 lead
going into the 2nd half and can't finish off your not-very-talented opponent, you're not as good
as you think you are.

Obviously you haven't bought into the program: wait until next game, wait until x, wait until y, wait until z. This only comes after: it's only been 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years +

In Motion

« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2018, 02:14:03 AM »

Obviously you haven't bought into the program: wait until next game, wait until x, wait until y, wait until z. This only comes after: it's only been 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years +

Yes, I'm an impatient, disgruntled fan because I remember the glory days with Ken Ploen and Bud Grant,
and those last two Grey Cups we won decades ago. It's been way too long!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  

Jump to: