Blue Bombers Forum
June 16, 2019, 06:41:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it the players or is it the coaching?  (Read 8744 times)
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2018, 01:45:37 AM »

folks will judge this team on the play of the team this season and if we can win a playoff game, record doesn't matter as much as many make it out to be

we need our players to gel, improve and our coaches to progress
building

You been saying this for years now.  We all have.

When will or does it happen?

This good game bad game thing is not what anyone should expect after 5 years of building and coaching. Nobody should be happy about this.

Bunch of money has been spent...  talent is here. Coaches been around long enough.

This thing should be alot better then it is.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
swansong

« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2018, 01:59:26 AM »

record doesn't matter as much as many make it out to be

If you want fans to come out and pay hard earned money to watch your team play you bet your keester the record matters.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:15:09 AM by swansong » Logged
swansong

« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2018, 02:20:19 AM »

building

You been saying this for years now.  We all have.

When will or does it happen?

This good game bad game thing is not what anyone should expect after 5 years of building and coaching. Nobody should be happy about this.

Bunch of money has been spent...  talent is here. Coaches been around long enough.

This thing should be alot better then it is.

This year has the potential to be a turning point for fans. Year after year we are like Charlie Brown to the team's Lucy. We are given hope and assurances that this is the year we make the move to an elite team and then we have the ball pulled away from us.

This year even more so. They went out and got the player pieces we needed...the fans got excited that this time it was gonna be different (and it may yet turn out to be so) but if it turns into a giant flop they're going to have a hard time getting anyone to believe them again.
bigbuff33

« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2018, 10:19:41 AM »

I stopped believing...
Had season tickets since high school...
Some forty years later....first season I didn't buy season tix...
Last Saturday was exactly the reason why...
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2018, 11:26:36 AM »

I stopped believing...

you are going to miss out on a very good season, go on Kijiji and guy tickets for a song, bad record keeps the prices down LOL

swansong and New_Earth, I get it and you are not wrong. People want to win and win now.  I think we will be rewarded this year for the support we give to this club.  We won't have a great record this year but it will be decent.  I agree that a good record sells tickets (and that's what I want ideally).  My point is (and that other have pointed out), that we can get the GC and win playoff games without a great record.  You need to peak, gel and be good at the end.  I think we have that potential.  I also think that we might have to find a new face or two to push for playoff success this year.  Very hard to do but you never know what management can do.  The have done a good job in bringing back CDN talent due to our injuries.  When healthy this club is good.  Just a slow start, give it a few more games before you wave the towel.  Make it to the games you can and enjoy the ride.  CFL is fun to watch, win, lose or draw.  It's entertainment, not earth shattering if the drought continues.  I just love this club and watching ball, Canadian style baby!  I won't stop going if we have a 100 year drought.  True Blue for life, regardless.  Similar to my love for the Jets 1.0.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:32:35 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2018, 01:48:56 PM »

8 pages of arguing about if it's one thing or the other when the answer is on page 1. It's a combination of both.

Fair enough. And that's probably the case. Frustration is the cause, panic is a symptom.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Horseman

« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2018, 02:01:48 PM »

I stopped believing...

For me I am waiting to see what they do with Hall after the season is over (it may be over sooner than we think if our defense can't improve covering receivers). If Hall is retained, then no season tickets for me next year 100% guaranteed.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2018, 02:03:21 PM »

For me I am waiting to see what they do with Hall after the season is over (it may be over sooner than we think if our defense can't improve covering receivers). If Hall is retained, then no season tickets for me next year 100% guaranteed.

I'm in the same boat. This is Hall's final contract year and I fully expect him to be gone regardless of how the next 4 months go. If the WFC chooses to keep him around, I'm done.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2018, 02:28:55 PM »

I'm in the same boat. This is Hall's final contract year and I fully expect him to be gone regardless of how the next 4 months go. If the WFC chooses to keep him around, I'm done.

If the D turns the corner, Hall improves and we have playoff success, we should support this club regardless if we like the DC or not

Not sure if those things will happen and I get your point about Hall but history has yet to be written yet

pjrocksmb

« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2018, 02:30:12 PM »

that's too bad, Bombers need more fans, not less but that's always you options

I'll support this club no matter how bad it gets and I really don't think it's that bad at the moment.

That said I get my tickets on kijiji for a song LOL

blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2018, 02:56:01 PM »

If the D turns the corner, Hall improves and we have playoff success, we should support this club regardless if we like the DC or not

Not sure if those things will happen and I get your point about Hall but history has yet to be written yet

The odds of that happening seem to be pretty low at present. I'm not convinced Hall's system is the answer and regardless of what happens, my hope is he hits the pavement after this season and the WFC hires someone better to take his place.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2018, 03:00:17 PM »

that's too bad, Bombers need more fans, not less but that's always you options

I'll support this club no matter how bad it gets and I really don't think it's that bad at the moment.

That said I get my tickets on kijiji for a song LOL

So you support this club no matter how bad it gets...by purchasing discounted tickets through a third party site which generates no revenue for the club that you support no matter what. Okies.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
lenny

« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2018, 03:12:12 PM »

So you support this club no matter how bad it gets...by purchasing discounted tickets through a third party site which generates no revenue for the club that you support no matter what. Okies.

Shocked
Blue72

« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2018, 03:12:48 PM »

Mos has had a problem picking coaches and players since he has been here. DC has always been a problem which is funny as he was a defensive player. Picking the wrong players before and during TC and sticking with them to long with very little return plus giving guys a starting job before they even start TC.
So this is his team now so what ever happens at the end of the year is all on him.

Will Lapo be here next year?HuhHuh??
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 03:14:20 PM by Blue72 » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #149 on: July 18, 2018, 04:35:17 PM »

Mos has had a problem picking coaches and players since he has been here. DC has always been a problem which is funny as he was a defensive player. Picking the wrong players before and during TC and sticking with them to long with very little return plus giving guys a starting job before they even start TC.
So this is his team now so what ever happens at the end of the year is all on him.

Lapo and Buck are pretty solid coaching choices.  Most of the players are chosen by Walters, but obviously MOS is included, and most of the players are pretty solid.  Younger, Boudreau, Costello all seem pretty good.  If Richie Hall is the basis of your statement, then sure, some people think that is a questionable choice.  And we will see if that changes after this season, either the thought that Hall is a bad coach, or that he helped us win a cup.  If its the first option, then we will probably see a change...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  

Jump to: