Blue Bombers Forum
June 16, 2019, 08:51:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: Epic collapse/Nichols worst game as a Bomber.  (Read 8920 times)
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2018, 11:46:44 AM »

As someone who is often called wrong by pj, after the initial shock and pain you tend to move on and become numb to it. As for Nichols, I give him one more game at least. Rust shouldnt be an issue as he is experienced and missed 4 weeks. But if he plays like game 1, more leash I give. If he plays like game 2, Strev time maybe
I called you out a lot last year and I didn't agree with you.  I have found you have more balance this year for the most part.  You and I have much different view on this ball club so we debated.  That's part of this forum.  I do apologize if I went to hard on you.  I do value you a member.  You are wrong about benching Nichols.  He can play all year even if he struggles.  It's his ball club and he get much time to find his game.  Proven vet, proven leader, our best chance to win.  Love Strev do but we shouldn't rush him.  Develop him and give him a little playing time like they are.  He is special and needs time.  We could break him if we put too much pressure on him.  Playing under Nichols will make him great.
shouldn't we play the best player?
Yes and that's Nichols. 
I'll say this, pj, I'm willing to stack my post up against yours any day for comparison when it comes to meaningful content and sensibility, lol...
You are wrong on Nichols in my opinion.  Lets agree to disagree.  We won't find a middle ground here.  I don't panic when we lose or have a bad record. 
if allowed to go unchecked he'll just continue this behavior... while futile, I feel it necessary to respond...
I'll call it even and move forward if you apologize for wanting me banned.  It adds no value for us to fight on here.  Debate yes, personal attacks are not part of this forum and nobody wants to see that on here.  The ball is in your hands.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:42:08 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TBURGESS

« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2018, 12:16:40 PM »

PLAP said who starts at QB is above his pay scale during the Willy fiasco, so it's O'Shea's call and O'Shea won't bench Nichols. He will support Nichols to the end like he does with all his players.

Being right never gets old.
DM83

« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2018, 07:42:10 AM »

How come no one is blaming Demski?  He let it go,through his fingers.
Just watched the replay.
What a weird game.

Defensively, I guess that little guy on the corner, is also a problem.  He's just too short.
Bighill should be league MOP.

Nicholls despite being not his usual self, and had lots of drops......  He has to be more productive despite our lack of receiver talent.  Adams is the only guy who can go deep, but is **** scared to catch anything inside. Demski and Dressler are just possession receivers, same with Wojo

We should sign Terrel Owens.  Ok well...,we need help at receiver
TecnoGenius

« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2018, 08:04:58 AM »

How come no one is blaming Demski?  He let it go,through his fingers.
Just watched the replay.
What a weird game.

Nicholls despite being not his usual self, and had lots of drops......  He has to be more productive despite our lack of receiver talent.  Adams is the only guy who can go deep, but is **** scared to catch anything inside. Demski and Dressler are just possession receivers, same with Wojo

Demski: ya, he needed to JFG that catch.  Makes that catch, we win the game probably.  However, there were at least 25 "X makes that Y play we win the game probably" instances, and they all added up.  It was just like the EDM game.  Just one single thing had to go right.  Just one single person had to make a play.  No one did.  So we lost.  Both times.

A lot like the @HAM game tonight for SSK!  HAM just needed some plays after haltime and they got none.

It's a morale thing.  Maybe it's unfixable.  Or maybe there's a magic coach or team leader out there who can counter the morale and fix the situation??  Doesn't seem to exist in WFC (or HAM), or really anywhere, except maybe EDM and CGY.  But even EDM falls into the trap sometimes.

Rewatch: You have more guts than me.  It'll be a long while before I rewatch that game.  Maybe after we win the next 2 I'll go back and give it a look before deleting it.

Nichols wasn't putting his nice R.Ray touches on as many balls as he usually does.  He was sometimes making them hard to catch.  Sure, good receivers need to catch them anyway, but we didn't have many/any receivers stepping up.

Adams scared?  Hadn't noticed, but now that you mention it, every ball was wideout and thrown outside, but that is smart non-interceptable football.  I'm fine with having the non-Adams guys handle the middle "kill zone".

Demski I was impressed with the whole 1st half, *except* on the sweep.  Ditch that sweep.  I think screens were failing because Nichols wasn't getting it out fast enough and D was reading it too well.

The misdirection plays with Demski and Harris as potential runners were my faves.  More of those please!  I'd love to see Harris Demski Flanders all in running around the backfield pre-snap giving the D fits!  Lapo has to setup the plays that D's can't read.  Receivers need to sell it more.  People have to stop giving the "tells" they are giving (like Strev on 3rd & short, regardless of what Lapo says about the look being different).

Need Strev in on 2nd and 1 throwing 35% of the time!  Need Strev learning the sneak from LeFeve.  Need Strev not going to the right every single time!!!
bigbuff33

« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2018, 10:38:50 AM »

Do we have a breakaway threat at receiver?
pjrocksmb

« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2018, 11:02:50 AM »

Nope

Adams isn't scared, he is a top receiver

DM83

« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2018, 11:45:57 AM »

Techno the Bombers easily played well enough to win, except for the last couple minutes. The. Long pass at the end over Cooper,  our new shorter guy, killed us.that was the game.unfortunately he is too short for professional football. (Sad to say.)

Strevlor going wide on the sneak was stupid  on any short dive like that the ball carrier has to look for a crease and go North South.  Had he made that cut, we would be at a 1st down, albeit contested.  Oh well.

During the last two minutes, Nicholls dropped back to pass.  Lapo what the **** were you thinking?   Harris was unstoppable!

The Bombers really blew it.....they were clearly the better team, but man blowing a 17 pt plus lead( missed scoring oops) was simply stupid.from a coaching analysis.

Also my other point was the Bombers DBS are not good enough.
And again, as you agreed, Adams is not successful going over the middle. 

My suggestion is to get some import in for Bowman.  He is sometimes literally invisible out there.  Secondly, Lapo has zero confidence in anyone else going long.  Yes they tried Demski, and we were lucky it wasn't intercepted.  Dressler went deep, but that was abysmal.

If none of those PR. Guys are not better than Bowman, cut them.  Or if they are decent, put them in.

Also of note when we went with a tight end. Set we were fricken unstoppable. Again this is on Lapo.
......Mad Geniius..
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2018, 12:11:27 PM »

Yeah, a 44-year old who hasn't played in 8 years is clearly the missing piece on offense.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
TBURGESS

« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2018, 01:14:30 PM »

Terrel Owens? TO now stands for Too Old.

Being right never gets old.
Blue In BC

« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2018, 02:42:24 PM »

Nichols got sacked once against the Lions. I don't know what the play calling was or was thinking when that happened. Game was tied at that point. It happened in our last time with the ball and was an 8 yard loss. He almost looked as though we were looking deep. Next play it was intercepted. We had enough time and only needed about 20 yards for us to kick a winning FG attempt.

The Lions had the ball at our 51 yard line still not in FG range. 1st down is incomplete and then we get that 38 yard completion over Cooper.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:44:04 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2018, 02:29:52 AM »

Yeah, a 44-year old who hasn't played in 8 years is clearly the missing piece on offense.

sign him now sign him now DM83 knows  Huh

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: