Blue Bombers Forum
June 18, 2019, 04:45:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Epic collapse/Nichols worst game as a Bomber.  (Read 8944 times)
Krahnillogical

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 04:19:46 AM »

Nichols not good enough. Receivers had at least 4 drops. Demski should have caught that last pass. Hit him in the chest. Nobody's talking about it? Streveler not good enough in short yardage... too cute. And Medlock hits the post... would've been 20-20. Disappointing
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 04:19:54 AM »

So where do we rank in this weeks power rankings?
who actually cares about the power rankings when we slid from a possible 2nd place standing to dead last in the west!  

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 04:20:36 AM »

This is a veteran team with a veteran coach. They should have long ago learned what it takes to put a game like this away. They may win next week, but it doen't change what this game says about them.
yep

Sec223

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 04:22:27 AM »

Did O'shea not think the Lions watched film on Streveler's 3 down sneak last week. Saw it coming. Bombers will never win the Grey Cup with stupid plays like that. Take the friggin points or go straight ahead like most coaches would have called. Wally probably still can't believe Captain Ego called that play again.
dd

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 04:23:57 AM »

Well...that's optimistic....never been a fan of MOS decisions in close games and he isn't learning game management after 5 years.  
He's moronic in his decisions. He couldn't coach a youth league team. He's a great players coach, but undoubtedly the stupidest man I ve ever seen on the sidelines with the headset on. His poor decisions keep costing us gsmes. And as bad as Nichols played, and he stunk, kick the field goal and win the game. It's beyond his mental comprehension!!
Bombers9256

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2018, 04:24:57 AM »

I'm sorry Gbill but I don't feel as neutral. You may think they'll learn from this and they cAn be as pissed as they want they absolutely should be ashamed. I don't give a flying eff about the tiebreaker. That was one of the worst choke jobs I've ever seen and I've been watching for 20 years. Usually I'd feel gutted or upset; I actually just feel disgusted with us. Such an opportunity to bury BC and get two huge points. Don't know why they went away from Harris. Not impressed with Nichols. Just sucks. Sorry I'm just so angry. I need another hobby. Sometimes our his just make me sick.

#fortheW
bowlerdude

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2018, 04:26:53 AM »

Funny; after last week's game, we were thinking that B.C. was one of the worst teams in the league.  Now we're supposed to be comforted by the fact that we have the season series?

nah, but if Lulay can manage to not get injured BC is going to be in the playoff hunt, so having the tiebreaker over them is nice.

this one was ugly, but it still only counts for 1 in the standings. although it seems to be season over every time the Bombers lose a game around here, being a good team isn't about never having a stinker, it's more about how you bounce back after they happen... let's see how they respond first.

this was Nichols' worst game in two years, which sucks because in conjunction with everything else going wrong, we end up losing. if it was Nichols' second worst game in two years, we probably manage to win an ugly one anyway. if this is an outlier performance, we'll bounce back.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 04:30:22 AM »

So I'm just waiting for MOS to say he'd make the same calls all over again given the same situation like he did when he had Medlock attempt a 61 yard FG in the West SF.....

Pigskin

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2018, 04:33:53 AM »

The pass to Demski was a wobbling duck. Terrible pass.
Krahnillogical

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2018, 04:37:21 AM »

It was but it hit Demski in the chest. He HAS to catch that
dd

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2018, 04:38:02 AM »

The sad part is, he would!! When it comes to GAME MANAGEMENT, he is absolutely clueless. There are 100 youth league coaches out there who can manage a clock better and would have known that if you kick a field goal, there isn't physically enough time left to score twice for BC. Why doesn't MOS know this??

The players can be pissed off all they want, but resign yourself to the fact that when it comes to making good decisions in crunch time, MOS will make the wrong call every time!!! He ll learn absolutely nothing from this, and if it were to happen again, you can bet your bottom dollar he'll make the same bad calls again!!
bowlerdude

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2018, 04:39:40 AM »

it was bad, but it was catchable
blueraid

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2018, 04:48:43 AM »

Except for a couple of throws to Adams....Nichols was pathetic
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2018, 04:52:00 AM »

He threw is across his body on the run. It's really, really hard to throw a good ball like that. It's one of the reasons they advise against those throws. It still got there though so you really do need to catch that one.
dd

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2018, 04:52:44 AM »

Yes he was, and against the leagues worst defender no less!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: