Blue Bombers Forum
June 16, 2019, 06:40:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Epic collapse/Nichols worst game as a Bomber.  (Read 8915 times)
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2018, 12:29:15 AM »

Like after the Hamilton game where folks were crying and pleading for Nichols to come back despite the fact that Strev was facing one of the best Ds in the league and one of the hottest QBs, the former having shut down Reilly basically in the second half of their previous game limiting him to one rushing TD? You mean like that panicking? And now in two games Nichols has exactly 1 TD pass. Strev has 5 more. Nichols has 3 INTS, Strev 2. I mean we should have won the Eskie game with his 3 TD passes if it weren't for the lame defence getting burned again. Yeah the panic does set in prematurely but after 28 years of no Grey Cups people are a little fed up and start to forage like wild animals in the forest for answers  to longstanding problems. Tongue

Nichols has had two game, one average, one bad, give him half the year before you pass judgement

The long cup drought shouldn't impact how quick one panics this year, patience and hope

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
66 Chevelle

« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2018, 12:32:45 AM »

Nichols has had two game, one average, one bad, give him half the year before you pass judgement

The long cup drought shouldn't impact how quick one panics this year, patience and hope

he misses 3 games... 3... and this so called 'elite' QB should be given half a season to come into his own?  seriously?

oh, I guess he has earned the right to suck for half the season based upon past efforts... i keep forgetting how that works around here... if he isn't capable, he shouldn't have been pulled off the 6 game... evidently he was hearing footsteps...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
pjrocksmb

« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2018, 12:39:31 AM »

he misses 3 games... 3... and this so called 'elite' QB should be given half a season to come into his own?  seriously?

oh, I guess he has earned the right to suck for half the season based upon past efforts... i keep forgetting how that works around here... if he isn't capable, he shouldn't have been pulled off the 6 game... evidently he was hearing footsteps...

You keep making yourself look more wrong with each post

You make no sense

I suggested that posters don't be hard on Nichols after two starts.  I suggested that you look half a seasons work before you judge his play this year.  I have suggested that with the team in general (mostly the D) and I stand by that.  You don't know much about most CFL teams until labour day

You have an agenda to push on Nichols and few agree with you
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:46:40 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

pjrocksmb

« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2018, 12:44:20 AM »

you are so wrong.

I will tell you the problem. Its not when the team loses. Its when the team wins. It covers up our negatives and all the problems we have with the team. The Bombers won 2 games already and after those wins its WOW our defense is good. We have the best backup in the league. Harris is amazing and the best RB in the league.

It just hides the teams real problems until they lose and people forget about the true underlaying problems. The Bombers defense is horrible. They will be the reason why we only win 8 games maybe 10-8 is our record if we are lucky. This team if well coached should be a 13-5 team.

But we win a game. And we forget about all the bad on the team. And it never ends. It just keeps going, going, going.

win, lose or draw Harris is the best RB in the league and one of the best we have seen on the Bombers

the team has overall above average coaches, you don't have a clue on that one, the only one that struggles at times is Hall

I do agree about the record, but I think we will end up a few games over 500 not under

I don't agree about what happens on here when we lose, people simply panic anytime something goes wrong

66 Chevelle

« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2018, 12:55:05 AM »

You keep making yourself look more wrong with each post

You make no sense

I suggested that posters don't be hard on Nichols after two starts.  I suggested that you look half a seasons work before you judge his play this year.  I have suggested that with the team in general (mostly the D) and I stand by that.  You don't know much about most CFL teams until labour day

You have an agenda to push on Nichols and few agree with you

I'll say this, pj, I'm willing to stack my post up against yours any day for comparison when it comes to meaningful content and sensibility, lol...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:52:33 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

kkc60

« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2018, 01:00:09 AM »

I'll say this, pj, I'm willing to stack my post up against yours any day for comparison when it comes to meaningful content and sensibility, lol...
As someone who is often called wrong by pj, after the initial shock and pain you tend to move on and become numb to it. As for Nichols, I give him one more game at least. Rust shouldnt be an issue as he is experienced and missed 4 weeks. But if he plays like game 1, more leash I give. If he plays like game 2, Strev time maybe
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:52:50 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
66 Chevelle

« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2018, 01:03:17 AM »

As someone who is often called wrong by pj, after the initial shock and pain you tend to move on and become numb to it. As for Nichols, I give him one more game at least. Rust shouldnt be an issue as he is experienced and missed 4 weeks. But if he plays like game 1, more leash I give. If he plays like game 2, Strev time maybe

if allowed to go unchecked he'll just continue this behavior... while futile, I feel it necessary to respond...

gbill2004

« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2018, 01:04:09 AM »

Are you serious?  You'd bench Nichols is he has a bad game this week?  While I fully expect him to play well, I think his leash is a lot longer than that.
kkc60

« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2018, 01:31:43 AM »

Are you serious?  You'd bench Nichols is he has a bad game this week?  While I fully expect him to play well, I think his leash is a lot longer than that.
Again as I said it depends. He has more picks and less TDs than Streveler. If he throws away another game, I might consider. Again it depends. I'd say his leash realistically would be the season. Which I'm fine with. I'm just an unreasonable at times fan who doesnt wanna watch 3 pick games cost us
66 Chevelle

« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2018, 01:35:18 AM »

shouldn't we play the best player?

TecnoGenius

« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2018, 01:36:15 AM »

It's funny. I've seen folks on here this week giving zero credit to BC's D instead blaming our lack of offensive production on our O (and I'm not arguing that point)...but conversely they will say our D played well when in fact Lulay was awful for the first half and then put up 20 on us in the 2nd. There is some serious cognitive dissonance at play for some on here.

But by saying WPG O played bad we are simultaneously saying BC'd D played well.  It kind of goes without saying.

BC's D was extremely fired up:
1. Needed to bounce back after embarrassing loss
2. Playing at home
3. Had to show Nichols' up as revenge for the "didn't touch me" comment

BC played a monster game, especially their DL and Solly.

However, we still should have been able to smack them down.  Our OL and protect play calling should have beat their DL and we didn't.  4th Q and our OL was turnstile city.
swansong

« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2018, 02:03:54 AM »

But by saying WPG O played bad we are simultaneously saying BC'd D played well.  It kind of goes without saying.

That is not at all true. One does not necessarily equate to the other. When we played Montreal Willy stunk the joint up. It had very little to do with anything the D did. The 2 concepts can very easily be mutually exclusive.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:05:45 AM by swansong » Logged
TecnoGenius

« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2018, 03:34:12 AM »

That is not at all true. One does not necessarily equate to the other. When we played Montreal Willy stunk the joint up. It had very little to do with anything the D did. The 2 concepts can very easily be mutually exclusive.

Sure, both can stink.  But one has to stink worse!  In any case, I'm not sure anyone denied that BC D played well.  Sure, we weren't singing their praises, but that's because that's the other team, let their fan forum do that, we're still feeling sore.
lenny

« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2018, 03:42:14 AM »

Strev has had 2 good against the Als which I equate with the Lions though the latter are worst defensively, the other good is Edmonton a better team by far than BC - and Hamilton a better D and Offensive team by FAR than BC or the Als - where he struggled as did most teams including the Eskies with Reilly. I'll pass judgment anytime I want like many passed judgment on Strev with 3 games in.
DM83

« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2018, 04:20:03 AM »

For sure Nicholls played surprisingly "bad". However, if some of the receivers make a catch, we don't have. Three roughing penalties, etc, etc., and we win the game, the label ,on Nicholls changes.  If Demski somehow catches that poor choice by Nicholls, we probably win.

Not one team has looked like they have it all together. ( Calgary, but now they have to use a back up)
This is a really weird season, in that the teams are all going through changes each week.

There are a lot of shoulda, coulda going on. Across the league.
The Bombers have enough good players.  They just have to get them all,on the field at the same time. 
I would prefer a couple new receivers, and a corner and a HB., but the guys we have may be able to,make it happen.  Coaches have to step up, as has been discussed.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: