Blue Bombers Forum
August 23, 2019, 04:44:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly - Wasted Opportunities Edition  (Read 5245 times)
GCn18

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2018, 07:16:22 PM »

The defence played well. Other than some costly penalties this loss is directly on the O. Nichols was brutal and Adams and Demski had alligator arms.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue girl

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2018, 07:41:27 PM »

Yes they were, but Corey Johnson's was just plain undisciplined and stupid. You don't win many football games doing stuff like that. Totally selfish play that moved the chains for the Lions
The only iffy one was the one on Wild. The other two involved hitting the QB on the helmet.
swansong

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2018, 07:55:06 PM »

The defence played well. Other than some costly penalties this loss is directly on the O. Nichols was brutal and Adams and Demski had alligator arms.

No doubt the O and play calling was the determining factors but to say the D played well is a bit much. Multiple full field marches...multiple wide open receivers...undisciplined penalties that extended drives...inability to get real pressure on Lulay...these are not on the O.
theaardvark

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2018, 08:07:10 PM »

The only iffy one was the one on Wild. The other two involved hitting the QB on the helmet.

Looking at them again, I don't see a blow being struck... they were incidental contact. 

CFL Football Operations@CFLFootballOps
Jul 6

For a foul to be called when the passer is contacted in the neck or head, the defender must ?deliver a blow?. Slight and incidental contact shall not be a foul. #CFL

That was last week.... now:

CFL Football Operations @CFLFootballOps

Play #109, #113 #BlueBombers DL (#94 Jeffcoat, #67 Johnson) flagged for Roughing the Passer. Any blow delivered to the passer?s head or neck, whether the defender?s path to the passer was unrestricted or if they are coming off a block, is a foul. #CFL

Whatever....

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
swansong

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2018, 08:52:16 PM »

Looking at them again, I don't see a blow being struck... they were incidental contact. 

CFL Football Operations@CFLFootballOps
Jul 6

For a foul to be called when the passer is contacted in the neck or head, the defender must ?deliver a blow?. Slight and incidental contact shall not be a foul. #CFL

That was last week.... now:

CFL Football Operations @CFLFootballOps

Play #109, #113 #BlueBombers DL (#94 Jeffcoat, #67 Johnson) flagged for Roughing the Passer. Any blow delivered to the passer?s head or neck, whether the defender?s path to the passer was unrestricted or if they are coming off a block, is a foul. #CFL

Whatever....

For what it's worth I thought all 3 were weak calls. Jeffcoat didn't even hit him in the head. His arm landed on the chest below the chin
GCn18

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2018, 10:22:10 PM »

Wild's RTP call was the worst call Ive seen in a long time.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
jeremy q public

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2018, 05:05:14 AM »

Y'all have covered whatever I might have said, except...

DIDN'T ANYBODY SEE RAINEY KICK A BOMBER IN THE HEAD AGAIN???

Ugly.

It was the exact same scenario as last week. A Bomber player tackled him and held onto his leg till the whistle. The whistle had not finished blowing but Rainey was already kicking him in the head as if he'd been held way too long.

It's so bizarre to me. We have these ridiculous RTP calls where a hand is laid on somebody's upper back and there is absolutely zero risk of injury, but we can't even get a penalty called for deliberately kicking another player in the head, after the play is done. TWO WEEKS IN A ROW.
gbill2004

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2018, 02:18:17 PM »

Who was the idiot calling the offensive plays for the Blue Bombers today? Here Andrew Harris rushed for an average of 10.7 yards per carry today, and he's not given the ball on second and goal from the Lions' 3, third and one from the Lions' 7 and first and ten from midfield when even a rouge wins the game? Was it Paul LaPolice?

Angry
Yes it was Lapo calling those plays.  We are fortunate to have Lapo as OC.  Everyone has a bad day at the office.  He will learn from this. 
Horseman

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2018, 02:24:30 PM »

Y'all have covered whatever I might have said, except...

DIDN'T ANYBODY SEE RAINEY KICK A BOMBER IN THE HEAD AGAIN???

Ugly.

It was the exact same scenario as last week. A Bomber player tackled him and held onto his leg till the whistle. The whistle had not finished blowing but Rainey was already kicking him in the head as if he'd been held way too long.

It's so bizarre to me. We have these ridiculous RTP calls where a hand is laid on somebody's upper back and there is absolutely zero risk of injury, but we can't even get a penalty called for deliberately kicking another player in the head, after the play is done. TWO WEEKS IN A ROW.

Yes, I saw it, he kicked Jake Thomas in the face mask and agree that was ridiculous, two weeks in a row and no call. MOS better send that clip to the CFL for review and subsequent fine of Rainey. The officials should also be informed by the league to watch Rainey more closely during subsequent games.
DarkDays

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »

Ugly:

LaPo's play calling chart.

2 weeks in a row, once the Bombers go up more than 15....the play calling changes.  What got Lapo up two touchdowns is now abandoned, with an eye towards saving Andrew Harris an injury in garbage time. 

Two weeks in a row, the run is abandoned, setting up second and long situations, as a lead is slowly frittered away.  We all know Nichols is masterful on the short game, and the play calling is set up for that.  A string of second and 8's leaves Nichols fighting uphill.

LaPo's wide use of playbook early in the game is working nicely.  God help us when this team gets 2 touchdowns up.  The playcalls destroy any momentum the offense has built up.

"I think we're done here." 
                                   - Ross Tucker
BBFANDM

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2018, 02:42:50 PM »

Ugly:

LaPo's play calling chart.

2 weeks in a row, once the Bombers go up more than 15....the play calling changes.  What got Lapo up two touchdowns is now abandoned, with an eye towards saving Andrew Harris an injury in garbage time. 

Two weeks in a row, the run is abandoned, setting up second and long situations, as a lead is slowly frittered away.  We all know Nichols is masterful on the short game, and the play calling is set up for that.  A string of second and 8's leaves Nichols fighting uphill.

LaPo's wide use of playbook early in the game is working nicely.  God help us when this team gets 2 touchdowns up.  The playcalls destroy any momentum the offense has built up.

One thing we don't know is MOS telling Lapo to call a more conservative game once we are up ?
gbill2004

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2018, 02:44:56 PM »

One thing we don't know is MOS telling Lapo to call a more conservative game once we are up ?
That is a Lapo tendency, not a MOS tendency.  Lapo has done that under several other HC's and when he was HC/OC. 
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2018, 02:50:34 PM »

That is a Lapo tendency, not a MOS tendency.  Lapo has done that under several other HC's and when he was HC/OC. 

Did he really do that this game though? We stopped running the ball in the third quarter and threw a ton of passes. It didn't work out, but that's not normally a sign of playing conservative.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:54:05 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2018, 03:02:35 PM »

It's up to the HC to discuss these situations when the game plan is being formulated. It's about how do you adapt as the game situation changes.

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2018, 03:04:12 PM »

I thought Johnson made contact, Jeffcoat ??, Wild terrible call.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: