Blue Bombers Forum
June 27, 2019, 04:17:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly - Wasted Opportunities Edition  (Read 4628 times)
In Motion

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 05:12:05 AM »

the decision to gamble on 3rd down is MOS's call....the play call is on Lapo.   Comedy of errors!!

I think Walters should send both O'Shea and Lapo to see a psychologist. Get them to figure out
why they are choosing self-destructive behaviours at crucial points in the game. I'm not even
kidding because when people do things that make no sense, you have to look for underlying
psychological causes/issues. 
blue girl

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 05:18:38 AM »

the decision to gamble on 3rd down is MOS's call....the play call is on Lapo.   Comedy of errors!!
You're right. I was referring to the play calling overall and who decides to go away from the run game. Also what play they are going to run on third and short.
Blue In BC

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 01:06:35 PM »

The Bad

1. Lapo play calling
2. Nichols
3.Paying $90 to watch it live

No more excuses.
In Motion

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 01:12:07 PM »

The Bad

1. Lapo play calling
2. Nichols
3.Paying $90 to watch it live

You have my sympathies Blue In BC. I decided last year that the Bombers
will not get my money or my fanny in a seat until the players and coaches stop making dumb decisions
that drive me crazy. Too much futility over 28 years. They were close to getting me back,
and then another blown huge lead in BC happened.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 01:13:57 PM by In Motion » Logged
TBURGESS

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 01:37:51 PM »

The good:
  • Harris - Why the H E Double Hockey Sticks did we stop going to him in the 2nd half?
  • Bighill - All over the field. Beating block and RB's one on one.
  • Demski - Showed why we don't need to keep paying Flanders.
  • The O line - Nichols only got hit a few times and Harris didn't get hit until he got to the secondary on most runs.
  • The onside Kickoff was perfectly executed. Caught the Lions sleeping and might as well be called another turnover for us.
The bad:
  • Play calling in the second half.
  • Nichols - 3 INT's when he was well protected.
  • Trying the same end around on 3rd down that they did last week. This is pro ball, crap like that doesn't fly. Just go straight ahead and get the 1st.
  • The penalties that kept BC's drives alive.
The ugly:
  • Nichols throwing the ball on the run across his body to the middle of the field for an INT that gave BC the ball for their last scoring drive.
  • Halls defense - We were lucky that Lulay wasn't on in the first half and missed some wide open receivers with deep balls, or this one could have been ugly.
  • Trying to sit on a 17 point first half lead. It's the CFL, leads like that can go away in way under 30 minutes.

Being right never gets old.
Blue In BC

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2018, 02:57:18 PM »

I think it was Renaud that got injured and needed assistance to get off the field. Didn't look good and I expect he'll miss game time. Another Canadian ST player.

We better be finding and signing some new Canadian depth guys to the PR. Might need to activate some at this point as we keep losing bodies to IR.

The status of injured players on IR is unknown. Spooner might be eligible to off in another week, LaFrance might be ok next week and Speller is on the PR. Those are the only 3 possible players at the moment and not the positional Canadian players we need to help for ST's.

Can't think of any Canadians we released after TC besides Branning or Conteh that might remotely be ST guys. The fact we didn't PR either suggests they weren't considered to be viable keeping around?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 03:04:27 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Slimy Sculpin

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2018, 02:58:48 PM »

Can we send TBs Good, Bad and Ugly comments, in particular the Bad and Ugly, to the Bombers office? And make it mandatory reading for the coaches?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 03:01:49 PM by Slimy Sculpin » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 03:08:51 PM »

Bombers had two practices this week. The Lions had four. It showed even though the Lions came out flat in the 1st half.

Comments were that it was better to keep the players fresh. Now we're hearing the defense was tired in the 2nd half. Interesting that we had slightly more TOP in 1st half and only lost game TOP by 1 minute but the defense was tired? Why is that always the excuse when we lose.

It wasn't all on the defense but was anyone not surprised about a 4th Q comeback by an opponent?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 03:11:24 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2018, 03:15:47 PM »

I was surprised. The O could have put that game away a few times. 17 point isn't going to cut it in the CFL. The O looked like they could us a little more practice. And Nichols needs more reps.
Blue In BC

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2018, 03:21:25 PM »

I was surprised. The O could have put that game away a few times. 17 point isn't going to cut it in the CFL. The O looked like they could us a little more practice. And Nichols needs more reps.

The Bombers had a bunch of opportunities to put the game away. Nichols and the offense was horrible in the 2nd half. That said, with the game on the line the defense also had the opportunity to make a play or two to save the win. They didn't. They took RTP penalties and allowed the Lions to march downfield to tie. They allowed them to convert deep on 2nd and long to win.

One play. One play. That's all it would have taken. Instead we allow 2nd and 10+ to be converted multiple times uncontested.

9 plays in 2:44. I think there were 4 plays over 10 yards and a couple on 2nd and long. You can't give up 16 and 29 yard plays on 2nd and long trying to preserve the lead.

Against Edmonton they gave up a 4:30 minute 14 play drive for a TD and 2 point convert to tie. Then offense 2 and out then Edmonton scores game winning FG.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 03:38:50 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2018, 03:28:30 PM »

They should have never been in that position. Chop the head off of the snake.
Pigskin

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2018, 03:30:42 PM »

My only problem with the D was little to no pressure. And the stupid penalties. A few were a little iffy.
Blue In BC

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2018, 03:39:32 PM »

My only problem with the D was little to no pressure. And the stupid penalties. A few were a little iffy.

And no adjustments that were working. I was screaming why are we rushing 3 DL and leaving receivers open.

No more excuses.
blue girl

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2018, 07:07:44 PM »

And no adjustments that were working. I was screaming why are we rushing 3 DL and leaving receivers open.
When has Hall ever been able to make in game adjustments?
dd

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2018, 07:15:31 PM »

Yes they were, but Corey Johnson's was just plain undisciplined and stupid. You don't win many football games doing stuff like that. Totally selfish play that moved the chains for the Lions
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: