Blue Bombers Forum
August 18, 2019, 01:12:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Data  (Read 1126 times)
jugg

« on: July 14, 2018, 11:36:53 PM »

I'm at the lake and was thinking of streaming the game through my Shaw gatway. Anyone know how much data that would take? Ihave no wifi
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 12:05:17 AM »

I would estimate at least 3GB of data for a game (720p).  Perhaps 6GB in 1080p.  More for overhead.

If you have a way to stream std def, that will cut those number down by 2 to 4X.

Only stream the games wireless if you have a very good, or "real" unlimited, plan!

https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-2165#HomeUsage
jugg

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 01:25:16 AM »

Great thanks for the info! I'll screen the 2nd half
jugg

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 01:25:59 AM »

Stream. *
Jets
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 02:07:23 AM »

I would estimate at least 3GB of data for a game (720p).  Perhaps 6GB in 1080p.  More for overhead.

If you have a way to stream std def, that will cut those number down by 2 to 4X.

Only stream the games wireless if you have a very good, or "real" unlimited, plan!

https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-2165#HomeUsage

I think it could even be more than that.
Tehedra

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 02:52:33 AM »

I think those theritical values are right, however, in my experience I have streamed games on my phone in the past and came in well under those numbers.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 06:16:30 AM »

I think those theritical values are right, however, in my experience I have streamed games on my phone in the past and came in well under those numbers.

I'd be careful streaming this last game on a phone... might get mad & disgusted and chuck the thing across the room!
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 01:40:52 AM »

I'd be careful streaming this last game on a phone... might get mad & disgusted and chuck the thing across the room!

On shaw free range on low quality it runs about 500kb/s (but does fluctuate)

On firstrowsports I was running a little less than that on a feed with reasonable quality

download a bandwidth tracker and record it for yourself

I have 15GB of data and watch a handful of sports games a month plus heavy internet use and I usually just hit my max by the end of the month

I generally only stream Oilers and Bombers game though with a little extra CFL here and there.  I have usually streamed at lower quality but find the streams mostly higher bandwidth now.  I don't mind the std def streams as it's good enough to follow football it doesn't really matter.  Harder to follow the puck with low def for hockey, I don't have wifi so I use my phone for everything. Hard life LOL

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:50:12 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: