Blue Bombers Forum
June 18, 2019, 04:46:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boats Ogres VS Sccchhhmos game thread  (Read 3847 times)
gobombersgo

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2018, 12:35:39 AM »

So Wynn is suspending for the Argo's game against the Bombers.

Speedy justice: Dylan Wynn suspended one game by CFL for Gable hit

Well, that was quick.

The CFL announced Saturday night that commissioner Randy Ambrosie has suspended Toronto Argonauts defensive lineman Dylan Wynn for one-game for his hit on Edmonton Eskimos running back C.J. Gable.

The suspension was announced less than 24 hours after the game, likely a record for the CFL.

Gable was injured after colliding with Argonaut Troy Davis on a running play late in Edmonton?s 16-15 victory. After Gable crumpled to the turf, Wynn dove in and made helmet-to-helmet contact and was assessed a 15-yard penalty for spearing.

According to the release, Ambrosie held a telephone hearing with Wynn and representatives of the CFLPA.

"We will continue to be vigilant and thorough when it comes to player safety and a hit like this is not acceptable in our game," Ambrosie was quoted in the release. "These types of hits needlessly expose players to risk of injury and we must to continue to work together to ensure we are making the game as safe as possible."

http://3downnation.com/2018/07/14/speedy-justice-wynn-suspended-one-game-cfl/

TecnoGenius

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2018, 12:42:22 AM »

Wynn got off easy.  He should have been 3-gamed at least.  Worst hit of the year.  He should be thanking his lucky stars it's only 1 game.  I hope there's a fine in there too.  What if a player wasn't going to play the next week anyhow?
dd

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2018, 12:49:15 AM »

Total spear to the head. If the league wants to send a message- 1 game suspension minimum . Totally gutless bush league play
I said he'd get 1 game minimum, by the league should have went 2 on this one though as there was such a delay between gable hitting the ground and Wynn speeding him
Jesse

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2018, 03:29:49 AM »

Players can only be suspended for one game.

My wife is amazing!
kkc60

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2018, 03:34:59 AM »

Players can only be suspended for one game.
Thigpen was out for 2..
Jesse

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2018, 03:37:42 AM »

Thigpen was out for 2..

Saaaaaayyyyyy wwhhhhaaaaaaatt?

I could easily be mistaken. I thought it was a part of the CBA.

My wife is amazing!
bowlerdude

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2018, 03:49:11 AM »

Saaaaaayyyyyy wwhhhhaaaaaaatt?

I could easily be mistaken. I thought it was a part of the CBA.

there's no maximum suspension length defined in the CBA, but I don't think anything over 1 game has ever been given out for anything on-field and it might be tough to get that to stand on an appeal

Thigpen's 2 game suspension was drug-related, so that's a little different
gobombersgo

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2018, 04:32:06 AM »

Yeah, suspensions longer than 1 game for on-field incidents are pretty rare. Only one I remember from recent years is when Khalif Mitchell got 2 games for trying to take Simeon Rottier's arm off.

bowlerdude

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2018, 04:42:47 AM »

Yeah, suspensions longer than 1 game for on-field incidents are pretty rare. Only one I remember from recent years is when Khalif Mitchell got 2 games for trying to take Simeon Rottier's arm off.

good call, I had forgotten about that one
lenny

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2018, 04:16:15 PM »

Yeah trying to decapitate a guy only deserves 1 game. With the huge issue of head shots, concussions, etc. I find the punishment completely inadequate to address a potential significant liability issue in the future if not right now. It's one thing for a dback at full speed trying to hit a receiver and contacts his head, or even does it intentionally - it's another when a guy is down and on the ground and you look at the guy and propel yourself directly at his helmet. There is a certain amount of calculation involved there which makes the punishment disappointing to say the least.
Blue In BC

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2018, 09:04:19 PM »

Bomber OL Dyson got a 3 game suspension years ago which carried over to the next season. He retired instead.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: