Blue Bombers Forum
June 27, 2019, 04:13:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boats Ogres VS Sccchhhmos game thread  (Read 3954 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« on: July 13, 2018, 07:24:33 PM »

Could Franklin beat Reilly twice in a row? I say sure! As I did pick TO to win again. Wild needs to have. Big game as does Ballon the D  side.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
bluebeard

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 07:30:33 PM »

In my way of thinking, this would be an upset.  Hope that it happens but I will not hold my breath.
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 07:31:14 PM »

Prediction:  Maas looses his **** on the sidelines and swears.  A LOT.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 08:08:03 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
blue girl

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 07:42:52 PM »

Well they better have the five second delay on the mic then and somebody quick on the button. Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 08:08:19 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
dd

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 08:19:48 PM »

He does that just getting out of bed in the morning!!
Jesse

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 08:28:02 PM »

Would love if TO took another one from Edmonton.

Can't see it happening two weeks in a row.

My wife is amazing!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 08:53:42 PM »

Man it's tough to pick'em the winners this year.  Who knows what happens in this game.  EDM should win easily, but I just don't know anymore.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 09:46:52 PM »

Can?t see Edmonton losing at home to Toronto. They just seem to lack any consistency which makes their games difficult to predict.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
gbill2004

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 12:11:24 AM »

Heath gets a gift.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 12:13:38 AM »

Reilly picked

dd

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 12:20:40 AM »

Heath gets a gift.
He always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Total gift, bounced up,in the air and right into his arms
TecnoGenius

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 12:39:48 AM »

My Lord, where is everyone at Commonwealth??  The stands are more empty than I've ever seen them (except in a snow game, perhaps).  Has EDM lost interest in their team?
gbill2004

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 12:40:31 AM »

My Lord, where is everyone at Commonwealth??  The stands are more empty than I've ever seen them (except in a snow game, perhaps).  Has EDM lost interest in their team?

It's raining pretty hard there right now.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 12:43:49 AM »

Should have taken the points ....
mondo3

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 12:46:08 AM »

Trestman might be losing it...3rd and 6 and he goes for it instead of an easy field goal?  
dd

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 12:46:36 AM »

He always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Total gift, bounced up,in the air and right into his arms
Cripes, another gift/pick. What the heck!?!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018, 12:52:18 AM »

Man freaking hit Reilly he is a bloody QB HIT HIM!!!

Oh my god

GET YER *** UP MIKE

LOL

Nice

The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 12:52:42 AM »

Reilly is pretty good at escaping pressure...took a hard lick on that last drive and bounced up.
dd

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2018, 01:34:13 AM »

For those Trestman fanatics out there, riddle me this, why wouldn?t he have elected to just take a knee on the last play of the half, why punt the ball to the Eskies and give them a chance to run it back?? Why tempt the football gods and have them crap on you?? And we thought MOS called some strange plays , that?s youth league stuff man!!!
gobombersgo

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2018, 01:42:58 AM »

For those Trestman fanatics out there, riddle me this, why wouldn?t he have elected to just take a knee on the last play of the half, why punt the ball to the Eskies and give them a chance to run it back?? Why tempt the football gods and have them crap on you?? And we thought MOS called some strange plays , that?s youth league stuff man!!!

Or there could have been a penalty which would have given the Esks one more play.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 01:51:59 AM »

TSN sucks at keeping a signal. I think this is already the 3rd time this has happened in a game.

dd

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2018, 02:02:19 AM »

Or there could have been a penalty which would have given the Esks one more play.
I m sure that?s exactly what the eskies were hoping for. Stupidest call I?ve ever seen.
lenny

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2018, 02:06:52 AM »

That TD celebration was almost as bad as Goltz's idiotic dresser one.
lenny

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2018, 02:08:19 AM »

TSN sucks at keeping a signal. I think this is already the 3rd time this has happened in a game.

Yeah what's up with these guys? Now blaming it on the rain.
elder

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2018, 02:08:51 AM »

Boy Edmonton player antics are beyond the pale.  Okay, you scored; it's not like you've discovered a cure for cancer.
gobombersgo

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2018, 02:11:50 AM »

Yeah what's up with these guys? Now blaming it on the rain.

Must be Milli Vanilli fans.

lenny

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2018, 02:14:53 AM »

Must be Milli Vanilli fans.

Lol.
https://youtu.be/SiZVrTaC9Pg
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2018, 02:35:37 AM »

Those potential 3 points on that 3rd and 6 gamble are looking big Right now. 
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2018, 02:37:41 AM »

Reilly has gone cold...
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2018, 02:48:17 AM »

Gable out cold on a hit - then an Argo goof comes in and spears him..
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2018, 02:54:21 AM »

Reilly has gone cold...

And yet when it counts he gets the win
lenny

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2018, 02:59:32 AM »

Wynn sick cheap shot. No place for that garbage.
TrueBlue75

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2018, 03:01:36 AM »

Should have taken the points ....

How nice would those 3 points look now for Toronto? Ouch.
dd

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2018, 03:21:22 AM »

Boy Edmonton player antics are beyond the pale.  Okay, you scored; it's not like you've discovered a cure for cancer.
That was so bush league and the monkey ears has the gaul  to argue about i!!
dd

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2018, 03:31:45 AM »

Wynn sick cheap shot. No place for that garbage.
Total spear to the head. If the league wants to send a message- 1 game suspension minimum . Totally gutless bush league play
DM83

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2018, 04:47:02 AM »

The first guy is who should be blamed. The back was out before he hit the ground.
Call the Spear in the second guy absolutely.  Should call the first guy for he head shot.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2018, 04:57:47 AM »

That shot on CJ was far and away the cheapest, lowest shot yet this year.

100% Wynn will get suspended, maybe even more than 1 game, but certainly 1 game.  Maybe fined too.

Davis' hit is probably ok because he had his arms out to wrap up.  At worst he gets a small fine, but maybe not even that.

I don't know what the guys are talking about when they say CJ should be fined?!?  I think that's ridiculous.  He's running for his life: make the D make the safe plays, not the O.

CJ was out cold after the first hit, he's stiff as a board and falls lifeless to the ground.  CJ is probably out with the big C for weeks.  Even worse, having 2 rapid head direction changes in quick succession like that is what really messes up brains, so this could be a really bad situation for CJ.  Sad.

Other than that, good close game in the rain (yes, I didn't know it was raining when I first tuned in).
theaardvark

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2018, 12:17:02 PM »

Was this a Sutton type hit that Gable delivered?  Doesn't matter that he was injured, if he lowered his head to use it as a weapon while running, he should receive the same discipline as Sutton...  this is the new rule, and all players must be held to the same standard, regardless who gets hurt by their actions.  Side question, if an injured player gets suspended, do games while on the IR count towards suspension time?

Wynn should be tossed for 6 games.  Player was down and defenseless, no need for any contact at all.  The fact that he may have already been unconscious or have a neck injury doesn't factor in, it just illustrates why you can't make these kinds of hits, regardless.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2018, 12:24:19 PM »

Man lesson learned you go against Alberta X2 in one week and it bites you. Ogres disappointing performance overall especially on offence.

Treat an makes idiotic in game decisions sometimes. No wonder he was a desaster as HC in the NFL.

TBURGESS

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2018, 01:11:36 PM »

Pretty good game considering the conditions.

Argos offense looks better with Franklin at QB then it did with Ray. Still a small set, but Frank the Tank looks like the next young QB star.

Both D's covering tight and hitting a ton.

Can't just look at the QB stats in this one, lots of drops by the receivers on both sides.

Reilly is tough as nails, takes responsibility for his own actions, and is like coach on the field. Best QB in the CFL IMO.

Stupid meal in the endzone deserved a penalty. It's football folks not mime class.

Argos #98 should be fined and suspended. Dangerous play there. Lucky that Gable got back up, altho he was dazed and concussed.

Gable shouldn't get a fine. RB's need to be able to tuck their heads down when they take a hit.

Last week Toronto kept the ball in the last 2 minutes and won the game. This week Edmonton returned the favour.

Going for 3rd and 6 was a strange call indeed, but if they'd got the 3, Edmonton would have kicked a FG on the last play of the game for the win.

Being right never gets old.
Blue In BC

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2018, 01:18:27 PM »

Pretty good game considering the conditions.

Argos offense looks better with Franklin at QB then it did with Ray. Still a small set, but Frank the Tank looks like the next young QB star.

Both D's covering tight and hitting a ton.

Can't just look at the QB stats in this one, lots of drops by the receivers on both sides.

Reilly is tough as nails, takes responsibility for his own actions, and is like coach on the field. Best QB in the CFL IMO.

Stupid meal in the endzone deserved a penalty. It's football folks not mime class.

Argos #98 should be fined and suspended. Dangerous play there. Lucky that Gable got back up, altho he was dazed and concussed.

Gable shouldn't get a fine. RB's need to be able to tuck their heads down when they take a hit.

Last week Toronto kept the ball in the last 2 minutes and won the game. This week Edmonton returned the favour.

Going for 3rd and 6 was a strange call indeed, but if they'd got the 3, Edmonton would have kicked a FG on the last play of the game for the win.

I think there was an unsportsman like penalty for the " meal " in the end zone? Not 100% sure but he used a " prop " his towel which was hidden inside his hand warmer.

I think it very likely Wynn does get suspended for at least 1 game. A message needs to be sent and re-inforced.

Gable looked to be stunned and was knocked out. Wouldn't surprise me if he was unable to play for a week or more. I hope he's going to be ok.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:43:45 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2018, 02:45:18 PM »

That shot on CJ was far and away the cheapest, lowest shot yet this year.

100% Wynn will get suspended, maybe even more than 1 game, but certainly 1 game.  Maybe fined too.

Davis' hit is probably ok because he had his arms out to wrap up.  At worst he gets a small fine, but maybe not even that.

I don't know what the guys are talking about when they say CJ should be fined?!?  I think that's ridiculous.  He's running for his life: make the D make the safe plays, not the O.

CJ was out cold after the first hit, he's stiff as a board and falls lifeless to the ground.  CJ is probably out with the big C for weeks.  Even worse, having 2 rapid head direction changes in quick succession like that is what really messes up brains, so this could be a really bad situation for CJ.  Sad.

Other than that, good close game in the rain (yes, I didn't know it was raining when I first tuned in).

Last weekend you praised Sherritt for his direct head-shot to Franklin on that goal-line stand, which was completely ignored by the CFL, was that hit praise-worthy because Franklin was not knocked unconscious?   The CFL needs to be consistent in their enforcement of head-shots, they shouldn't base punishment on whether a hit knocks someone out or not, they need to base it on the form and intent of the collision.
Horseman

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2018, 04:18:16 PM »

The first guy is who should be blamed. The back was out before he hit the ground.
Call the Spear in the second guy absolutely.  Should call the first guy for he head shot.

The first Argo player that hit Gable was fine, it was a football play and the first point on contact was with the forehead/face mask of the helmet which is how you are taught to hit and not with the top of the helmet. The second hit by #98 was illegal and the player will be dealt with by the league.
dd

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2018, 05:28:15 PM »

No way Gable gets anything for his play, other than a concussion. He lowers his head to protect himself from the impending collision which is about to occur, which he's allowed to do. The guy coming in to make the tackle has got to adjust his target zone and not make head to head contact, but no way you penalize a player for simply protecting himself. If he doesn't lower his head, it will get taken off!!!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2018, 12:16:35 AM »

Last weekend you praised Sherritt for his direct head-shot to Franklin on that goal-line stand, which was completely ignored by the CFL, was that hit praise-worthy because Franklin was not knocked unconscious?   The CFL needs to be consistent in their enforcement of head-shots, they shouldn't base punishment on whether a hit knocks someone out or not, they need to base it on the form and intent of the collision.

Did I?  Maybe?  I thought the Sherritt play was amazing.  He wasn't trying to helmet someone, he was just trying to stop the sneak from breaking the plane!  What's he supposed to do, leap with his hands on his helmet to cushion the impact?  Just let the guy get in?  He has 1/10th of a second to effect the stop.  You have to let them play football.

Maybe you're thinking of the Hebert mid-air hit, which I still liked, but fully understand is not legal anymore.  That Hebert hit was very much Loffler-style.  I find it a bit sad that the Lofflers of the world can't play their brand of football anymore, which by the way used to be everyone's brand of football!  But I'm ok with some changes to keep the players' brains safer.

And yes, consistency is the best thing for everyone.

However, I really dislike the idea of RB's getting fines for lowering their heads.  Harris#33 does it all. the. time.  You want Harris getting 15yarders and fines on every other run??  I actually didn't read any details about the supposed Sutton fine, but if it's like what I've gleaned in this forum, then I'm all against it.  I don't recall any Sutton run that I call fine-worthy.
gobombersgo

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2018, 12:35:39 AM »

So Wynn is suspending for the Argo's game against the Bombers.

Speedy justice: Dylan Wynn suspended one game by CFL for Gable hit

Well, that was quick.

The CFL announced Saturday night that commissioner Randy Ambrosie has suspended Toronto Argonauts defensive lineman Dylan Wynn for one-game for his hit on Edmonton Eskimos running back C.J. Gable.

The suspension was announced less than 24 hours after the game, likely a record for the CFL.

Gable was injured after colliding with Argonaut Troy Davis on a running play late in Edmonton?s 16-15 victory. After Gable crumpled to the turf, Wynn dove in and made helmet-to-helmet contact and was assessed a 15-yard penalty for spearing.

According to the release, Ambrosie held a telephone hearing with Wynn and representatives of the CFLPA.

"We will continue to be vigilant and thorough when it comes to player safety and a hit like this is not acceptable in our game," Ambrosie was quoted in the release. "These types of hits needlessly expose players to risk of injury and we must to continue to work together to ensure we are making the game as safe as possible."

http://3downnation.com/2018/07/14/speedy-justice-wynn-suspended-one-game-cfl/

TecnoGenius

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2018, 12:42:22 AM »

Wynn got off easy.  He should have been 3-gamed at least.  Worst hit of the year.  He should be thanking his lucky stars it's only 1 game.  I hope there's a fine in there too.  What if a player wasn't going to play the next week anyhow?
dd

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2018, 12:49:15 AM »

Total spear to the head. If the league wants to send a message- 1 game suspension minimum . Totally gutless bush league play
I said he'd get 1 game minimum, by the league should have went 2 on this one though as there was such a delay between gable hitting the ground and Wynn speeding him
Jesse

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2018, 03:29:49 AM »

Players can only be suspended for one game.

My wife is amazing!
kkc60

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2018, 03:34:59 AM »

Players can only be suspended for one game.
Thigpen was out for 2..
Jesse

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2018, 03:37:42 AM »

Thigpen was out for 2..

Saaaaaayyyyyy wwhhhhaaaaaaatt?

I could easily be mistaken. I thought it was a part of the CBA.

My wife is amazing!
bowlerdude

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2018, 03:49:11 AM »

Saaaaaayyyyyy wwhhhhaaaaaaatt?

I could easily be mistaken. I thought it was a part of the CBA.

there's no maximum suspension length defined in the CBA, but I don't think anything over 1 game has ever been given out for anything on-field and it might be tough to get that to stand on an appeal

Thigpen's 2 game suspension was drug-related, so that's a little different
gobombersgo

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2018, 04:32:06 AM »

Yeah, suspensions longer than 1 game for on-field incidents are pretty rare. Only one I remember from recent years is when Khalif Mitchell got 2 games for trying to take Simeon Rottier's arm off.

bowlerdude

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2018, 04:42:47 AM »

Yeah, suspensions longer than 1 game for on-field incidents are pretty rare. Only one I remember from recent years is when Khalif Mitchell got 2 games for trying to take Simeon Rottier's arm off.

good call, I had forgotten about that one
lenny

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2018, 04:16:15 PM »

Yeah trying to decapitate a guy only deserves 1 game. With the huge issue of head shots, concussions, etc. I find the punishment completely inadequate to address a potential significant liability issue in the future if not right now. It's one thing for a dback at full speed trying to hit a receiver and contacts his head, or even does it intentionally - it's another when a guy is down and on the ground and you look at the guy and propel yourself directly at his helmet. There is a certain amount of calculation involved there which makes the punishment disappointing to say the least.
Blue In BC

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2018, 09:04:19 PM »

Bomber OL Dyson got a 3 game suspension years ago which carried over to the next season. He retired instead.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: