Blue Bombers Forum
September 22, 2018, 04:58:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC July 14, 2018  (Read 5523 times)
thunderNlightning

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2018, 09:23:25 PM »

If Fenner can't go. Legget will be at his spot and Sayles goes to HB. Wild will be in there for rotation in the LB ans ST and just in case injury happens.
Bighill can play SAM in a pinch.

Sayles and Cooper starting scare the hell out of me.

I really would like to see the Bombers offense find a way to get Simonise some touches. I really like what I see so far in limited time.
bowlerdude

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2018, 09:33:51 PM »

You think Wild can play SAM?  I sure don't. 

He probably could. He spent his entire American football career at safety and his meal ticket both here and when he got NFL looks was his versatility. I think we'd have to be fairly desperate to get to that point, but I don't see why he couldn't do it. We shouldn't assume he can't because he doesn't line up there. At one point last year there was some discussion about Harris playing SB and a lot of posters suggested he was a good receiving RB, but SB is different. Then we pretty much started playing two RB/SB hybrid spots and LaPo said they ask Harris to do what a receiver would do when he's running patterns. Lots of safeties coming here get a look at SAM, and Wild came here with the skillset to do it.

That's because you guys probably never seen him play at Guelph.  He is loaded with talent just needs time and experience.  I know he is better than LaFrance more quickness, explosiveness and power.  The guy is a physical specimen and he is also a body builder.

Did you see Lafrance play with the Bisons? If not, you don't really have a point of reference to suggest Augustine's time at Guelph makes him better than Lafrance.

I'll agree he's got more potential/raw talent. Lafrance isn't a bad player though and Augustine has to prove himself yet. I do like him a lot.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2018, 09:37:59 PM »

It's a fact we didn't do that last week. I explained the trade off but you choose to disregard that and went directly to positron. The Lions have the capability to run on our defense. Momentum may dictate whether they will as the game progresses. Lulay's success or failure as well.

It's not a slam dunk as you suggest.

Yup I'm positive and do feel that we can control the run game
1. We are likely to put up 30 points so BC will need to air it out
2. We should get ahead so they May abandon the run
3. Not a slam dunk correct

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
gbill2004

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2018, 09:41:10 PM »

He probably could. He spent his entire American football career at safety and his meal ticket both here and when he got NFL looks was his versatility. I think we'd have to be fairly desperate to get to that point, but I don't see why he couldn't do it. We shouldn't assume he can't because he doesn't line up there. At one point last year there was some discussion about Harris playing SB and a lot of posters suggested he was a good receiving RB, but SB is different. Then we pretty much started playing two RB/SB hybrid spots and LaPo said they ask Harris to do what a receiver would do when he's running patterns. Lots of safeties coming here get a look at SAM, and Wild came here with the skillset to do it.
Based on that logic there's no reason Jake Thomas can't play SAM either.
Blue In BC

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2018, 09:48:44 PM »

That's because you guys probably never seen him play at Guelph.  He is loaded with talent just needs time and experience.  I know he is better than LaFrance more quickness, explosiveness and power.  The guy is a physical specimen and he is also a body builder.

If college success was a guarantee of success in the pros it would be so easy drafting.

No more excuses.
dd

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2018, 09:54:30 PM »

Inv only seen him in his limited action here, but it is obvious that he is the quicker, more physical of the 2. I can see both he and Simonise playing a much bigger role in our O as we move forward and it's going to be good!!!
bowlerdude

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2018, 12:10:13 AM »

Based on that logic there's no reason Jake Thomas can't play SAM either.

If you didn't read a single word of my post, I guess so

I was going to quote the part that was explaining why Wild specifically has shown that skillset, but its pretty much the whole thing
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:12:46 AM by bowlerdude » Logged
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2018, 12:47:21 AM »

I am expecting the lions offence will look very different...Lulay will be looking for Burnham and Manny off the start.  I think we will be down 21-0 by the second quarter and we will come back and lose on a last second FG
gbill2004

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2018, 12:51:52 AM »

If you didn't read a single word of my post, I guess so

I was going to quote the part that was explaining why Wild specifically has shown that skillset, but its pretty much the whole thing
I read your entire post. A safety in the NFL is very different than a SAM linebacker in the CFL. Wild would get eaten alive.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2018, 12:54:23 AM »

I wouldn't play Wild at anything but special teams...he may not make it past veteran cut down day
the paw

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2018, 12:59:42 AM »

No disrespect, but I?m pretty sure the scouts from all 9 CFL teams saw his games at Guelph.  Despite that, he went undrafted, and is now on his third CFL team.

That?s not to say he won?t be a CFL player, just that he has to show it in real live games over time.  Maybe he will, but the jury?s still out.  I have to say I am very interested in watching his progress though....

grab grass 'n growl
DM83

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2018, 04:34:35 AM »

Wild can play Sam.  It is a strong safety position.
Didn't Wild play Sam. A couple years ago and that's where he got hurt?

He may have bulked up,a bit from that year. The Sam position is basically a safety covering the third receiver to a side or bumped inside to cover a back.

Now I wouldn't. Trust him tomorrow to run with a third receiver, but if he lost twenty pds.
Just my opinion.
gbill2004

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2018, 09:30:33 AM »

Wild can play Sam.  It is a strong safety position.
Didn't Wild play Sam. A couple years ago and that's where he got hurt?

He may have bulked up,a bit from that year. The Sam position is basically a safety covering the third receiver to a side or bumped inside to cover a back.

Now I wouldn't. Trust him tomorrow to run with a third receiver, but if he lost twenty pds.
Just my opinion.
He got hurt at the LDC a couple years ago playing MLB if that's what you're thinking about.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2018, 01:21:17 PM »

My theory although I was terribly wrong last week...lol

Lulay is good QB if healthy....my guess is that Lulay will go deep early and test our defence, he has the receivers to make the plays deep, and we potentially have two very inexperienced players back there. IF our front get to him early we can disrupt this. IF we give him time he will put up yards early.

IMO this game will be won with the battle between our defence up front and the lions blocking scheme. Who will game plan better our DC or there OC and which teams front will execute better and win the 1 on 1's.

I am pretty confident our offence can score, and I'm pretty confident that our special teams will do well. IMO the only way we lose this game is if we give Lulay time. An example being if we attempt to blitz without success ala the Hammy game. If we give lulay time and only have 5-6 guys in coverage, Lulay will destroy us. On the flip side if we can pressure him, we should cruise to decisive victory....
Blue In BC

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2018, 01:24:30 PM »

My theory although I was terribly wrong last week...lol

Lulay is good QB if healthy....my guess is that Lulay will go deep early and test our defence, he has the receivers to make the plays deep, and we potentially have two very inexperienced players back there. IF our front get to him early we can disrupt this. IF we give him time he will put up yards early.

IMO this game will be won with the battle between our defence up front and the lions blocking scheme. Who will game plan better our DC or there OC and which teams front will execute better and win the 1 on 1's.

I am pretty confident our offence can score, and I'm pretty confident that our special teams will do well. IMO the only way we lose this game is if we give Lulay time. An example being if we attempt to blitz without success ala the Hammy game. If we give lulay time and only have 5-6 guys in coverage, Lulay will destroy us. On the flip side if we can pressure him, we should cruise to decisive victory....

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm expecting Lulay to try and go deep very early.

Ring, ring, ring, ring. Hello Mr Hall, there is a call waiting for you to answer.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: