Blue Bombers Forum
August 23, 2019, 04:46:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC July 14, 2018  (Read 16673 times)
Horseman

« Reply #300 on: July 16, 2018, 03:29:07 PM »

3rd and a half, at the 7, up 7, over 8 min. on the clock? No, every CFL coach would make the same decision to go for it in that situation. 10 pts isn't going to salt anything away at that point. Too much time left in the game. 3rd and a half is a high percentage gamble. Take the shot and have another shot at a touchdown, or at the very least a field goal with some more time drained. If there was 4 mins to go, maybe a different story.

It was the play call that was mind boggling.

Agree, the right call was to go for it, but the play call was wrong. Half a yard to go with the defense lined up 1 yard away and the O knowing the snap count, you go straight ahead every single time.
gbill2004

« Reply #301 on: July 16, 2018, 03:29:17 PM »

Exactly. How often do we get stuffed on 3rd and short with Streveler (or with the fever last year) taking it up the middle? Almost never! Stop trying to fix something that's not broken. I don't know if thats Lapo getting greedy and wanting to get the TD, not just the first down, but it was an epic fail.
Lapo just out-smarted himself.  
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #302 on: July 17, 2018, 01:26:51 AM »

Lapo just out-smarted himself.  

agreed got a little ahead of himself there

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue72

« Reply #303 on: July 17, 2018, 03:40:09 AM »

Was it Lapo or was it MOS, as MOS has the final call  before it goes to the QB
TecnoGenius

« Reply #304 on: July 17, 2018, 03:54:01 AM »

Was it Lapo or was it MOS, as MOS has the final call  before it goes to the QB

I think it's Lapo's voice in Nichols' ear.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #305 on: July 17, 2018, 05:25:10 AM »

I think it's Lapo's voice in Nichols' ear.

Streveler, and it's quite possible they give him some options to run on these 3rd down plays, which they need to immediately revoke in critical situations.  Streveler has all the tools but he lacks the experience and the knowledge to recognize the tactics a D will use to stop him, all will come with time.  The second sneak was major bad because they only needed to gain about a foot to get a 1st down.

Say what you want about LeFevour but he would have made both 1st downs guaranteed because he would have recognized and eliminated the D's ability to stop him before the ball was ever snapped.
gobombersgo

« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2018, 05:50:11 AM »

Exactly. How often do we get stuffed on 3rd and short with Streveler (or with the fever last year) taking it up the middle? Almost never! Stop trying to fix something that's not broken. I don't know if thats Lapo getting greedy and wanting to get the TD, not just the first down, but it was an epic fail.

Bombers were 25 of 26 on 3rd and short last season.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2018, 09:42:57 AM »

One new thing I forgot to add before:

BC's right guard came out of his stance before the snap by several hundred milliseconds (i.e. 1 to 7 tenths) several times!  The worst, the one I bothered to write down, was 4Q06:34.  I was saying to the screen "procedure" all night, but that last one was egregious, I was screaming it then, Sheldon-style.  That guy continually jumps the snap, and not just wobbling or anything, he comes full up out of his stance!  It was never called.

I can't recall ever seeing a guard do such a thing with such frequency.  And I've never seen the refs so lax in calling what in realtime non-replay non-slowmo was apparent to me as a IP call.  After confirming it in slowmo, I'm doubly shocked this was never called and a little bit miffed that BC gained an advantage by this.  Sure, we're talking tenths of seconds, but it is noticeable in real-time and usually those are called when they get over 1/2 a second early!

Could be part of the reason we got barely any pressure all night.  Wake up refs.  I've seen less called procedure many times.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]
  Print  

Jump to: